The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Iranian girls beat up Iran cleric over dress code.

nuckin_futz

Last I checked, the guy wasn't trying to arrest them. He was just telling them they were doing something wrong due to his own (albeit stupid) moral convictions.

It's no different than a vegetarian telling you you're wrong to eat meat.

If I were standing on the street corner with a friend, and some super evangelical christian came up to me and started accosting us for wearing multiple fiber clothing, or having a tattoo or anything like that, would we have the right to beat him to the point where he required hospitalization? I'm an Atheist, and up until quite recently Atheists were oppressed all around the world, and still are in some parts. Does that give me the right to respond with violence to anyone who imposes their religion on me, even peacefully?

Wow. That's frightening. "Hey you're not following my religion's code." "Welp, I guess I better kill you."

That will turn out well.

Last I checked, the guy wasn't trying to arrest them. He was just telling them they were doing something wrong due to his own (albeit stupid) moral convictions.

It's no different than a vegetarian telling you you're wrong to eat meat.

If I were standing on the street corner with a friend, and some super evangelical christian came up to me and started accosting us for wearing multiple fiber clothing, or having a tattoo or anything like that, would we have the right to beat him to the point where he required hospitalization? I'm an Atheist, and up until quite recently Atheists were oppressed all around the world, and still are in some parts. Does that give me the right to respond with violence to anyone who imposes their religion on me, even peacefully?

Wow. That's frightening. "Hey you're not following my religion's code." "Welp, I guess I better kill you."

That will turn out well.

Hmm, let me go find the part where I said "Atheists are just as oppressed as women in islamic countries."

Wait a minute.

I can't find it. Could it possibly be because I didn't say it? Well, I guess we'll never find out since you said I did.

What I did do was compare a hypothetical scenario to a real life scenario.

Do you want to discuss the report? That's perfectly fine. But it seems like right now you're just throwing out insults because you disagree with my examples. So if you're not going to add anything constructive, maybe you should just bugger off.

Also, if I'm a 'facepalm' (solid grasp on the fundamental parts of speech by the way) then you're a 'chafing'.

Hmm, let me go find the part where I said "Atheists are just as oppressed as women in islamic countries."

Wait a minute.

I can't find it. Could it possibly be because I didn't say it? Well, I guess we'll never find out since you said I did.

What I did do was compare a hypothetical scenario to a real life scenario.

Do you want to discuss the report? That's perfectly fine. But it seems like right now you're just throwing out insults because you disagree with my examples. So if you're not going to add anything constructive, maybe you should just bugger off.

Also, if I'm a 'facepalm' (solid grasp on the fundamental parts of speech by the way) then you're a 'chafing'.

Archived