The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Telus Optic VS Shaw

WillyFox

Personally I had major issues with Telus over the years when I was a renter. When I bought I went with Shaw and have never had an issue.

I know people who have Optik and hate it. Internet goes down all the time. If they are using both internet and HD the HD goes choppy and/or the internet speed drops.

As for price, I hear Telus is great in the introductory period but after that they keep raising it. I phoned Shaw a while back and got them to drop my bill to about the same as what I can get with Telus.

Customer service is also a real pain with Telus, once you sign that contract they dont give a crap about you as a customer. Shaw used to be really bad I heard but the last couple times I called I got through within 5 minutes.

As for quality of HD and internet, shaw is far superior IMO.

Personally I will never go to a company that makes you sign a contract.

I own a few businesses and have at home, shaw. I used to use telus, they were twice the cost. Half the service. Zero support, and overall douchebags.

Telus has been ???? western Canada for years and I for one am glad shaw is ???? them around by offering phone services. Whoever said telus is cheaper is lying, and their service is nowhere NEAR the same. Its not even close, and before you praise one or the other if you havnt used them both then stfu.

Had Telus Optik TV and their ADSL and never had any complaints! Even rang their service team a few times and were also brilliant. I had some confusion on a bill of mine, rang up, they explained it and there was nothing wrong but due to me being confused, a new customer to their service and just good all 'round customer service they gave me a credit for the following month.

Never had any issues with internet speeds, disconnecting or anything. Always been brilliant. The service probably isn't up to quite the same high standard as Shaw but for the MUCH cheaper price (my deal is roughly $20 a month cheaper, it adds up!) it was definitely worth it for me personally.

I'm also on a month to month contract :)

Archived