Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slegr

Francesco Aquilini the Puppet Master

144 posts in this topic

I had this same discussion today at work.

Everyone bashes Bettman, but he is just the talking head, and agent for the owners.

He really has very little power.

He's the perfect messenger though. Just his face makes me want to beat him with a hammer for an hour. The owners picked their lapdog very well.

Hating on Bettman does feel great though...

But i do agree, he is just a messenger and can't take all the blame.

Really? The owner of the Canucks is one of the owners on the other side from the players? That's why there's a lockout? Golly gee...

Really? The owner of the Canucks is one of the owners on the other side from the players? That's why there's a lockout? Golly gee...

Speak favourably about him? I hate the bastard. Little known fact : He financially supports Chirstie Clark and her Liberal party of retards.

Consider that all the owners might *not* be on board with a lockout. How would this proceed behind closed doors?

Actually, it was the NHL and Bettman who proposed the lockout, the owners just voted on it.

Not trying to defend Aquilini in any regards, I think he's a money hungry pr*ck, but justifying Bettman by blaming the owners is incorrect.

EDIT: Because if the owners say no to a lockout, and the NHL locks them out anyways, then they're dealing with pissed off owners and pissed off players

Must I remind you fools that this is a Canuck board that is OWNED by Aquillini?

Take your anger out to another forum. I would have you banned and lock this stupid thread.

Also if you don't like how the owners and Bettman are running things then move on elsewhere because they are the bosses who cut the cheques and have every right to call how they run their businesses

Him and his family made their money through being slum-lords. Don't have any respect for him or the others.

Bettman only needs like 8/30 teams to do anything.

Nashville, TB, Florida, Columbus, Phoenix, Anaheim, Colorado... that's 7 have-not teams already.

Bettman only needs like 8/30 teams to do anything.

Nashville, TB, Florida, Columbus, Phoenix, Anaheim, Colorado... that's 7 have-not teams already.

Stupid thread, thank goodness we aren't owned by that Yankee McCaw (I hate the Orca) who by the way sold off the Grizz.

I'm grateful a Canuck fan bought the team, we've never been better under the new ownership and his hired management.

Tell me when the Canucks were ever this good for such a long time?

Speak favourably about him? I hate the bastard. Little known fact : He financially supports Chirstie Clark and her Liberal party of retards.

Actually, it was the NHL and Bettman who proposed the lockout, the owners just voted on it.

Not trying to defend Aquilini in any regards, I think he's a money hungry pr*ck, but justifying Bettman by blaming the owners is incorrect.

EDIT: Because if the owners say no to a lockout, and the NHL locks them out anyways, then they're dealing with pissed off owners and pissed off players