Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Grading the Canucks offseason...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
95 replies to this topic

#91 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,774 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:05 PM

I can see Luongo agreeing to a deal to go back home to Montreal.

Why would any top tier athlete agree to go to Toronto if they had a choice to go elsewhere?

TBH...I'm not sure why any mid tier athlete would agree to go to Toronto in the state it's been in for as long as it's been in it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#92 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,205 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:48 PM

But the free agents are all lining up to play in Torona...

How would Canucks fans feel if their big UFA signings this summer were:
Keith Aucoin
Jay McClement

Wall to wall whining. That's all we'd hear.

They didn't even get to dream about players like Doan, Garrison or Schultz considering the Laffs... can't really think of anyone that Toronto likely had a realistic chance of signing...

#93 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:06 AM

DERP!
DERP!
backtrack, contradiction
strawman
backtrack, contradiction
strawman DERP!

Seriously, this is pathetic. Is that all you've got? How old are you, 9?

Not funny, and very revealing of the lack of depth behind your arguments which you (evidently) CANNOT DEFEND.

Edited by King of the ES, 24 September 2012 - 04:09 AM.

#94 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:18 AM

They didn't even get to dream about players like Doan, Garrison or Schultz considering the Laffs... can't really think of anyone that Toronto likely had a realistic chance of signing...

Yet you also think that Botchford's assertion that Lou had already vetoed a deal to Toronto is preposterous.

If Toronto's in such a sorry state, as you make reference to (and to which I mostly agree), what makes you so sure that 33 year-old Roberto Luongo would be willing to accept a move there?

Edited by King of the ES, 24 September 2012 - 04:19 AM.

#95 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 20,205 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:52 AM

Seriously, this is pathetic. Is that all you've got? How old are you, 9?

Not funny, and very revealing of the lack of depth behind your arguments which you (evidently) CANNOT DEFEND.

an appropriate response to your repetitive yammering.
are you smarter than a 9 year old?

#96 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 20,205 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:58 AM

Yet you also think that Botchford's assertion that Lou had already vetoed a deal to Toronto is preposterous.

If Toronto's in such a sorry state, as you make reference to (and to which I mostly agree), what makes you so sure that 33 year-old Roberto Luongo would be willing to accept a move there?

to repeat yet again - I think Gillis himself said no to a Schenn deal, and that that offer wouldn't get to the point of asking Luo if he'd waive. Botchford isn't the only source who reported that alleged offer - but appears to be the only person who suggested that form of the story.
and again - as is obvious, I'm not Luongo nor his agent - I don't speak for Luongo and don't know if he'd be willing to go to Toronto - I'll wait to see if/when it happens, but as I stated before, Toronto is probably the last place I'd like to see him wind up.

Edited by oldnews, 24 September 2012 - 11:11 AM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.