The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Grading the Canucks offseason...

Lui's Knob

I don't count Schultz and Doan as a knock against Gillis and company. Both those players were sought after by at least half of the league and the Canucks were one of the top 2 destinations for both players. We were unlucky in the end but it showed that MG is selling the team pretty well to free agents.

I think the Garrison signing is a good one especially over the long term. But other than that they are the same team that looked lost in the playoffs last year. I give Gillis a C because nothing has changed.

If anyone who thinks Gillis has done an outstanding job and the team is really improved would like to make a wager on the Canucks getting to the Finals, let me know!!

"CORSI" is not a stat, it's a useless creation by a Paul DePodesta wannabe. Hockey is not baseball.

Minutes played...OK, fine, but again, it's Florida. Who's beating him out? Sophomore 21 year-old Kulikov? Hope not.

Losing against New Jersey. OK, fine, but it's still a 1st round exit. Does the fact that Vancouver lost to the eventual Stanley Cup champs soften the blow at all of their 5-game playoff life? Not for me, it doesn't.

blah blah, all of a sudden stats are meaningless to you - how convenient.

simple fact - not a "depth" d-man, but top pairing. You clearly have little idea what you are talking about. Kulikov, by the way, is an outstanding young defenseman who has already played 200 games in the NHL - any GM in the NHL would love to have him.

backtracking as usual - call Florida a pathetic team if you will - all that indicates is that you're wearing crap-coloured glasses. They were the 3rd seed in the East -16 teams finished with less points.

You, on the other hand, have no points.

Yeah, and was that because of the great Jason Garrison, or could it have been because Tallon went on an epic shopping spree last summer, and brought in Campbell, Versteeg, Kopecky, Fleischmann, Jovanovski, and Upshall?

On second thought, it must be tied to Garrison. Florida will probably be dead last again this year.

No, not a flip-flop, but it's amusing how that's always your default argument.

I'll remind you that they were DEAD LAST in 2010-11, when Garrison was their "shutdown" guy (who exactly he was shutting down remains a mystery). Being DEAD LAST renders the word "pathetic", no?

In 2011, Dale Tallon spent heavily to improve the team. The end.

Tough crowd.

MG does his job by not trading Luongo for a pile of scrap and the guys on CDC are calling him out for it. I know for a fact that if MG did pull the trigger on the Luongo trade, everyone on CDC would want him fired because of the massive underpayments. Yet, he gets called out for holding on to his trading chip so that he can get a better trade......

Tough crowd.

MG does his job by not trading Luongo for a pile of scrap and the guys on CDC are calling him out for it. I know for a fact that if MG did pull the trigger on the Luongo trade, everyone on CDC would want him fired because of the massive underpayments. Yet, he gets called out for holding on to his trading chip so that he can get a better trade......

Archived