Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Prospect Stats Tracker 2012-13 (Regular Season)

Discussion

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#1 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,339 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:44 AM

POPULAR

since some of our prospects have already started their season overseas I decided I'll start this up again since last year it went the way of the dodo and I know I missed it. I'll be doing this probably once a week, maybe more, but we'll see. It'll most likely happen on Mondays, as most teams have their games mainly on the weekends, but we'll see how it goes.

Updated 1-23-2013
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by avelanch, 23 January 2013 - 07:57 PM.

#2 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:53 AM

Nice.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#3 BleedCanucks

BleedCanucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:55 AM

POPULAR

If you are looking for up-to-date (updated at 3:00am every morning), I put together I website which included prospects and player stats http://canucklepuck....layerStatistics

#4 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,305 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:16 AM

A well deserved +
Posted Image

#5 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,305 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:17 AM

If you are looking for up-to-date (updated at 3:00am every morning), I put together I website which included prospects and player stats http://canucklepuck....layerStatistics

I would recommend to seperate the prospects from actual Canucks.

As it's gonna be very hard to read through if/when the season starts.
Posted Image

#6 BleedCanucks

BleedCanucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:19 AM

I would recommend to seperate the prospects from actual Canucks.

As it's gonna be very hard to read through if/when the season starts.

Will do.

#7 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,339 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:22 AM

separating them into comparable leagues is also something you might want to look into. comparing AHL stats to CHL to SEL to NCAA gives a skewed picture of how each one is performing

Edited by avelanch, 21 September 2012 - 09:23 AM.

#8 canuck cole

canuck cole

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:36 AM

Lol I misread it, I thought it was a joke where you projected the prospects stats through the pre season and everyone was zero because there is no pre season hahaha.

#9 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,445 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:10 PM

Separating the leagues shows you really our draft strategies and player development philosophy.

Firstly, it's pretty clear that we tend to draft college players and Europeans, seeing as the top-tier CHLers are mostly taken by the time we step to the podium. It's hard to believe and disheartening to see that we only have 4 prospects in the best junior hockey system, the CHL. I wish we would have more prospects playing CHL hockey, but the quality of the crop we have right now seems promising (at least, Gaunce and Corrado seem destined for the NHL - 2 out of 4 is not bad).

Secondly, the bulk of our prospects are in North American professional hockey while only three of them are first-year pros. That means that every other player has paid dues for at least one season in the minors - a trend in our player development.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#10 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:12 PM

I thought Blomstrand made the big club, check the stats for that team.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#11 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,339 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:19 PM

I thought Blomstrand made the big club, check the stats for that team.

Djurgarden is not in the Elitserien this season, they were relegated to the Allsvenskan last season. Blomstrand has played on both the Allsvenskan (the big club) and SuperElit (Junior) teams.

he also played 6 games for Djurgarden in the preseason tourney and had 3 goals and 4 PIM, but That's not part of the regular season so it was not included in my stats.

Edited by avelanch, 21 September 2012 - 12:28 PM.

#12 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,305 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:23 PM

Separating the leagues shows you really our draft strategies and player development philosophy.

Firstly, it's pretty clear that we tend to draft college players and Europeans, seeing as the top-tier CHLers are mostly taken by the time we step to the podium. It's hard to believe and disheartening to see that we only have 4 prospects in the best junior hockey system, the CHL. I wish we would have more prospects playing CHL hockey, but the quality of the crop we have right now seems promising (at least, Gaunce and Corrado seem destined for the NHL - 2 out of 4 is not bad).

Secondly, the bulk of our prospects are in North American professional hockey while only three of them are first-year pros. That means that every other player has paid dues for at least one season in the minors - a trend in our player development.

Gotta disagree with you here... from the CHL:

Hodgson, Sauve, Rai, Clark, Anthony, Polasek, Friesen, Hannay, Jensen, Hoznik, Grenier, Corrado, Gaunce and Mallet
Posted Image

#13 IMyMeMine

IMyMeMine

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:57 PM

Would be nice if you guys could add an NHLE column, but other than that, thanks to you guys for putting this up!

since some of our prospects have already started their season overseas I decided I'll start this up again since last year it went the way of the dodo and I know I missed it. I'll be doing this probably once a week, maybe more, but we'll see. It'll most likely happen on Mondays, as most teams have their games mainly on the weekends, but we'll see how it goes.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,339 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:14 PM

i don't believe that NHL equivalency is a valid stat's set since those numbers never are accurate. (just look at Krog and other AHL allstars that are never able to do anything in the NHL to see that)

I might consider it for a simple comparison if someone gives me the formulas for every league listed, but I'm not going to bother looking them up/trying to figure them out manually.

Edited by avelanch, 21 September 2012 - 01:15 PM.

#15 BleedCanucks

BleedCanucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

Would be nice if you guys could add an NHLE column, but other than that, thanks to you guys for putting this up!

I will add that this weekend. Check back in the next couple days.

#16 meh_wassup

meh_wassup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

are you going to be updating this thread every week? or just "CDC" it and make a new thread every week?

Charlotte-McKinney-21-155x160.jpg

#17 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,339 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:38 PM

good luck finding some of those smaller league's numbers, I'm doubtful they even exist.

Edited by avelanch, 21 September 2012 - 02:40 PM.

#18 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,339 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

are you going to be updating this thread every week? or just "CDC" it and make a new thread every week?

i'll be updating this thread every week. seems kinda stupid to make a new thread every week. I'll update the OP with the most recent set of stats, and also as a new post in this thread.

#19 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

Is is a great idea. Thank you sir
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#20 meh_wassup

meh_wassup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

i'll be updating this thread every week. seems kinda stupid to make a new thread every week. I'll update the OP with the most recent set of stats, and also as a new post in this thread.

right on. I'll follow this thread then. love the sig by the way.

Charlotte-McKinney-21-155x160.jpg

#21 Pablo

Pablo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

Im so excited to see what Matt Beatie becomes

#22 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,344 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

Our prospects have combined for 2 goals in 17 games so far
Sig too big.

#23 D-Bo7

D-Bo7

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

Our prospects have combined for 2 goals in 17 games so far

Yea but you have to realize that in alot of the European leagues like the SEL, younger players are often forced to play on the third and forth lines, regardless of ability. That's just how they develop players there.

The one player that is on the first line and is doing quite well is Tommernes. He has 2 points in 4 games, including an OT winner, and is a +3. He's looking like a decent late round pick so far.

Jensen has 1 goal in 3 games but is playing mostly on the third line. He's doing fine.

And same thing with Grenier, he's playing on the 3rd line. 2 points in 4 games is great when you consider that. And the fact that this is his first time playing on bigger ice.

Edited by D-Bo7, 21 September 2012 - 08:11 PM.

#24 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,339 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

the GP stat for jensen is correct, he's played in all 3 of their regular season games.
http://www.aikhockey...spelschema.html

#25 D-Bo7

D-Bo7

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:12 PM

the GP stat for jensen is correct, he's played in all 3 of their regular season games.
http://www.aikhockey...spelschema.html

My apologies. You are correct.

I didn't see the game against Timra on the SEL website.

#26 IMyMeMine

IMyMeMine

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:44 PM

Thanks!

i don't believe that NHL equivalency is a valid stat's set since those numbers never are accurate. (just look at Krog and other AHL allstars that are never able to do anything in the NHL to see that)

I might consider it for a simple comparison if someone gives me the formulas for every league listed, but I'm not going to bother looking them up/trying to figure them out manually.

While I agree that the NHLE is neither accurate nor a very predictive tool in determining a player's performance/potential, it is, at least, for pure enjoyment of comparing prospects with each other and how close they are to the NHL level. If you are going to consider this at all, this link might help (provides the equivalence fraction for some leagues): http://www.matchstic...ee-nhle-and-pdo.

But I totally understand if you feel that the NHLE should not be listed as a column; it's just an idea. :)

#27 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,339 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

Thanks!

While I agree that the NHLE is neither accurate nor a very predictive tool in determining a player's performance/potential, it is, at least, for pure enjoyment of comparing prospects with each other and how close they are to the NHL level. If you are going to consider this at all, this link might help (provides the equivalence fraction for some leagues): http://www.matchstic...ee-nhle-and-pdo.

But I totally understand if you feel that the NHLE should not be listed as a column; it's just an idea. :)

fair enough, I'd add it if I could find the % for all the leagues we have prospects in, but some are missing, and i've found differing %'s for the SEL and other leagues.

if you can find a % for norway, austria and the austrian farm then I'd include it.

#28 Kassian's Tooth

Kassian's Tooth

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:13 PM

Great resource, thanks. Note: Sawyer Hannay is no longer Canucks property as he was released by them.

#29 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,339 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:18 PM

Great resource, thanks. Note: Sawyer Hannay is no longer Canucks property as he was released by them.

yeah, he'll be dropped next week. i just recently removed him fro the prospects thread directory too.

#30 warrchief

warrchief

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:54 PM

Henrik Tommernes looks promising already. He is have a great start to the season! I hope GMMG signs this late round gem!
Bobby Lou is my homie

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.