The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Prospect Stats Tracker 2012-13 (Regular Season)

avelanch

since some of our prospects have already started their season overseas I decided I'll start this up again since last year it went the way of the dodo and I know I missed it. I'll be doing this probably once a week, maybe more, but we'll see. It'll most likely happen on Mondays, as most teams have their games mainly on the weekends, but we'll see how it goes.

Updated 1-23-2013

2nsm74k.jpg

v6m8eh.jpg

Separating the leagues shows you really our draft strategies and player development philosophy.

Firstly, it's pretty clear that we tend to draft college players and Europeans, seeing as the top-tier CHLers are mostly taken by the time we step to the podium. It's hard to believe and disheartening to see that we only have 4 prospects in the best junior hockey system, the CHL. I wish we would have more prospects playing CHL hockey, but the quality of the crop we have right now seems promising (at least, Gaunce and Corrado seem destined for the NHL - 2 out of 4 is not bad).

Secondly, the bulk of our prospects are in North American professional hockey while only three of them are first-year pros. That means that every other player has paid dues for at least one season in the minors - a trend in our player development.

Separating the leagues shows you really our draft strategies and player development philosophy.

Firstly, it's pretty clear that we tend to draft college players and Europeans, seeing as the top-tier CHLers are mostly taken by the time we step to the podium. It's hard to believe and disheartening to see that we only have 4 prospects in the best junior hockey system, the CHL. I wish we would have more prospects playing CHL hockey, but the quality of the crop we have right now seems promising (at least, Gaunce and Corrado seem destined for the NHL - 2 out of 4 is not bad).

Secondly, the bulk of our prospects are in North American professional hockey while only three of them are first-year pros. That means that every other player has paid dues for at least one season in the minors - a trend in our player development.

Would be nice if you guys could add an NHLE column, but other than that, thanks to you guys for putting this up!

since some of our prospects have already started their season overseas I decided I'll start this up again since last year it went the way of the dodo and I know I missed it. I'll be doing this probably once a week, maybe more, but we'll see. It'll most likely happen on Mondays, as most teams have their games mainly on the weekends, but we'll see how it goes.

16ittf7.png

2yovcq9.png

i don't believe that NHL equivalency is a valid stat's set since those numbers never are accurate. (just look at Krog and other AHL allstars that are never able to do anything in the NHL to see that)

I might consider it for a simple comparison if someone gives me the formulas for every league listed, but I'm not going to bother looking them up/trying to figure them out manually.

Archived