The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Prospect Stats Tracker 2012-13 (Regular Season)

avelanch

Lack's numbers have been far from spectacular. He would have really been lit up this season if we traded Luongo and expected him to play 20 games as a backup.

Kassian and Jensen aren't really shining, but they're not dissapointing. 8 goals in 19 games against competition far superior to the AHL is actually pretty impressive from Jensen, but he hasn't been standing out. Same goes for Kassian and Schroeder - they're going to be looking at a 0.6 or 0.7 points-per-game in the AHL which would usually translate to a decent bottom-6 scorer in the NHL.

have you watched each league? from what I've seen, the average skill level isn't that much different unless you are just talking about the high end talent. the problem is, outside of the top players, the khl is far worse than the other leagues, it's only because their top talent is so good that it makes them a slightly higher level of overall talent. the majority of KHL players would be in the ECHL over here. the league is just a bunch of plugs and superstars.

MacTavish was fired for his bad performance and then the oilers invented a role for him to take in their org to save face. basically they said you either quit or you're fired, he called his friends at the oilers, they invented a roll, then the "official" word was that he took up a new position at the oilers so he had to leave the Wolves (that job title never existed before).

as for Arniel, I've always liked him, the Wolves were tied for 2nd in the league before the checkers game, and would have been first in the league had they won, so it's not like they are struggling. i just don't see where the hate is coming from.

I hope the Canucks can gain a decent prospect in the Luongo deal. For how well the Canucks have been playing the last 5 season's, I dont think the prospect pool could be that much deeper than it already is. I hope the scouting staff really knows what they're doing or a lengthy re-build could happen in the next few seasons. There is still much to like with the Canucks prospects though. Kassian, Jensen, Guance, Tanev, Lack, Corrodo, all seem to be decent up and comers. I think Bill Sweat is another very under rated prospect who seems to be playing alot better this season even if the numbers are not really there. Rodin looked alot better last night against the Checkers with seven shots on net and picking up a point aswell. I like his skill set and hope he develops into a decent player.

If the Canucks can hit a home run on either Labate,Mcnally,and Price then they haven't done to bad of a job replenishing the cupboards for the future.

Why do we not have someone rated in the top 50 players in the OHL, Quebec or Western Leagues?

I suppose if he wasn't injured Gaunce might be in there but if Corrado isn't in there with a point a game as a D man, I don't Gaunce would have been either.

Are we just that bad at drafting?

WHL definitely. It's horrible.

OHL is looking pretty good.

QMJHL... meh, kinda iffy.

But I agree with DeNiro though - the prospects we do have in the system do have some potential. Not all of them will make it - that's almost certain - but the depth of our pool has increased a lot. It just doesn't as great because of a relative lack of shiny big names other than Kassian and Jensen - the high-end guys. Depth-wise I think it compares favourably to many other teams' pools.

DeNiro did a nice run down of things and I agree with you too.

It was really more a cry in the woods bellyache than anything.

I really believe we have at least one first line forward and one first pairing D already in the system that aren't named Jensen or Kassian.

McNally, Corrado and others on D and we have many intriguing long shots for first line forwards, most of those were picked in the last couple years so it will take some time before there time comes.

Tanev was our last lucky strike but he is unlikely to be a first pairing D.

Who do you believe could turn into a 1st line forward? Other than Jensen and Kassian.

McNally seems like he could be a good 2nd pairing D, but top PP quarterback guy one day. Corrado has an outside chance of being a top pairing defender.

Tanev may never be a 1st pairing D-man but I believe he's already good enough to play on some teams' 2nd pair. And that he should become a steady, 2nd-pairing guy.

Archived