The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Prospect Stats Tracker 2012-13 (Regular Season)

avelanch

Tanev solid? I've been really disappointed with his game so far from what I've seen (a couple 3rd periods streamed online and the game on Saturday) based on how he's played at the NHL level. So many giveaways. Rodin's looked alright to me, not bad at least. Excited about Kassian Jensen and Mallet as well.

Ya Tanev hasn't impressed me much, he's had some horrible giveaways. I think Sauve looked good in the few games he's played, he got an assist on one of Kassian's goals. Connauton is a great defenseman, NHL calibre for sure I just don't know how we'll fit him in on that stacked left side.

Forwards- Mallet is a beast, give him a couple years to add that NHL mass and strength, and he'll be a great role player. Jensen is impressing overseas, 2nd right now in SEL scoring - he's playing physical and competing against men. Kassian has looked great for the Wolves so far, he's scoring on top of his dominant physical play. Everyone was beating on Schroeder in other prospects threads, but he was good in the 3 games before the heat series, he plays in all situations and is a tenacious checker. Sweatt and Rodin have both disappointed at times, I can't help but think Sweatt was more NHL ready after his first pro season of 46 points, and has just declined steadily due to satiation.

Lack is a brilliant goaltender with size to boot. I was a little disappointed to see Cannata get sent down, better to start in a lower league I guess.

This was just a bunch of one-liners about our current prospect pool, which looks very strong.

Good to see Jensen maintain his scoring pace. Corrado really blew the door open with 9 points in his last 6 games. Outside of those two nothing much to get excited about statistically. Kassian has looked good in the games I watched. Hopefully Archibald gets a call up to the Wolves and can produce. 3 goals in 6 games is at least promising, unlike Anthony and Rai who are pretty much write-offs at this point.

Archibald and Grenier are the two biggest project guys who really need to blow the doors off in their leagues to become legit NHL prospects. They are producing but is it enough? NHL light heavies like Boulton and Langdon put up similar numbers in those third-tier leagues and are pretty useless offensively in the NHL.

Overall a disappointing showing for our prospect group so far, with the bright spots being Jensen and Corrado. Kassian/Connauton are performing as expected.

Good to see Jensen maintain his scoring pace. Corrado really blew the door open with 9 points in his last 6 games. Outside of those two nothing much to get excited about statistically. Kassian has looked good in the games I watched. Hopefully Archibald gets a call up to the Wolves and can produce. 3 goals in 6 games is at least promising, unlike Anthony and Rai who are pretty much write-offs at this point.

Archibald and Grenier are the two biggest project guys who really need to blow the doors off in their leagues to become legit NHL prospects. They are producing but is it enough? NHL light heavies like Boulton and Langdon put up similar numbers in those third-tier leagues and are pretty useless offensively in the NHL.

Overall a disappointing showing for our prospect group so far, with the bright spots being Jensen and Corrado. Kassian/Connauton are performing as expected.

Outside of Schroeder it seems like a lot of guys have gone a bit cold. Jensen is on a 3 game pointless streak. Corrado has 1 point in his last 3 games. Only 1 point in 15 games for our NCAA forwards isn't a positive sign, especially since I was expected 25-30 points from Labate this year.

Lack's numbers have been far from spectacular. He would have really been lit up this season if we traded Luongo and expected him to play 20 games as a backup.

Kassian and Jensen aren't really shining, but they're not dissapointing. 8 goals in 19 games against competition far superior to the AHL is actually pretty impressive from Jensen, but he hasn't been standing out. Same goes for Kassian and Schroeder - they're going to be looking at a 0.6 or 0.7 points-per-game in the AHL which would usually translate to a decent bottom-6 scorer in the NHL.

Archived