Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Prospect Stats Tracker 2012-13 (Regular Season)

Discussion

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#151 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,312 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

This should be pinned. Seems Grenier's Austrian team keeps importing NHLers (Auld, Gagner, Enstrom, Brassard, Clarkson etc.), should be good for his development.

Yea, the Red Bulls are a top team in the Austrian league with alot of money and a good development program.

The Canucks were lucky to get Grenier in right away, because there was no doubt that it would be a popular place for NHLers to go and play. It should be great for his development to play with actual NHLers against easier competition.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#152 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,538 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#153 Psycho_Path

Psycho_Path

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

Man our prospects seem legitimately so average this year. These stats are pretty depressing.
Posted Image

#154 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

De- press-ing :(

#155 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:33 AM

I don't know about depressing, the Canucks don't have any prospects that I expected to set the world on fire to begin with. Even though he's slowed down as of late, Nicklas Jensen is still having a solid year, Kassian and Schroeder are playing pretty much as expected ( good but not league leading point totals) Corrado has exceeded expectations, and Gaunce and Mceneny are playing ok after early season injuries.

The only prospects I'm truely disappointed with so far is Joe Labate, expected more. Besides that, any other of our lower end prospects doing well is just a plus.

#156 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

Over the next 2 years we should add:

Kassian
Jensen
Tanev
Cannauton
Lack

...maybe Schroeder and Corrado

That's adding 7 young guys to the roster, that is a lot and reflects a great job of drafting. Sadly none of these are projected to be game changers. One could be very optimistic and project:

Lack - career NHL starter
Kassian or Jensen - top 6, maybe top 3

Corrado, Tanev, Cannauton # 4-6 d men

Not super awesome, more quantity than quality

#157 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Over the next 2 years we should add:

Kassian
Jensen
Tanev
Cannauton
Lack

...maybe Schroeder and Corrado

That's adding 7 young guys to the roster, that is a lot and reflects a great job of drafting. Sadly none of these are projected to be game changers. One could be very optimistic and project:

Lack - career NHL starter
Kassian or Jensen - top 6, maybe top 3

Corrado, Tanev, Cannauton # 4-6 d men

Not super awesome, more quantity than quality

#158 jigsaw99

jigsaw99

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

NCAA forwards are not looking to good. Non of them are showing NHL potential

#159 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

Nobody at this point is showing much potential. Based on STATS:

Kassian/Schroeder/Jensen - 3rd/2nd line tweeners (Higgins type production)
Corrado - 4/5 guy
Tanev - 4/5 guy
Gaunce - 3rd/4th line tweener (Zach Smith, Boyd Gordon)

And that is about it so far.
Sig too big.

#160 CRAZY_4_NAZZY

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

Schroeder doesn't have much of a choice to be top six point producer. I know his size isn't ideal for a bottom six player, but you could take Nathan Gerbe for example playing in the bottom six for Buffalo...was a point producer when in Boston College but had to redefine his game because his offensive game just wasn't dynamic enough to win himself a top six position...besides When you have Ennis, Pomminville, Vanek and Stafford ahead of ya..its hard to win a spot.

But he redefined his game a pesky lil fella in the bottom six roll but yet still able to rock out a 25-30 point production. I've watched Sabre games before, hes got a lot of grit and determination for a guy who stands at 5'5'' and 173 pounds. I think Schroeder can do that too..i've seen some highlights and Schroeder can hit players, because he is so small his center of gravity is pretty good and has the ability to deliver some pretty solid checks. Sure it isn't bone crushing but solid ones that finish off his check. His defensive game can only get better and has a fairly good offensive jump. So if need be he could very well play a bottom six roll, it doesn't always have to be the stereotypical 6 foot hard nosed hitter.

2moy3iq.png

#161 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

Jesus Honzik.
Cape Breton would be better off with a shooter tutor in net.

Jagermeister.jpg

#162 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

hahaha!

#163 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,538 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

Honzik's stats have been misleading, he's had 2 bad games, one coming right off of injury, but he's been getting back into form and getting better here's a story about him.

Goaltender Honzik rebounding from serious injury
Published on November 27, 2012
T.J. Colello

SYDNEY — It’s been a roller-coaster ride of a season for David Honzik, but the Czech netminder believes he’s finally getting back on the right track with the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles.
The 19-year-old missed all of training camp and the first 18 games of the season while recovering from off-season shoulder surgery. He returned to game action against his former team, the Victoriaville Tigres, on Nov. 9 in Victoriaville, Que., in a 7-1 loss. He picked up his first win of the season in a 5-3 victory over the P.E.I. Rocket at Centre 200, Nov. 14. He currently has a 1-3-0-0 record.
Honzik will be between the pipes tonight when the Screaming Eagles host the Chicoutimi Saguenéens at Centre 200 starting at 7 p.m., as he tries to help his team snap a four-game losing streak.
“Obviously, the first game in Victoriaville was very emotional for me,” said Honzik, acquired from the Tigres for a fourth-round pick in 2013. “The second game against P.E.I. was the first win as a Screaming Eagle, which was great.
“I didn’t feel like I was in my skin, but the last game against Saint John, the second and third period, I felt great and back on track, so I have to keep building on it.”
Honzik recently received another hand to help improve his game. Vancouver Canucks goaltending coach Rollie Melanson is in town this week to work with Honzik at practice.
Honzik was drafted in the third round, No. 71 overall by the Canucks in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. He’s happy to know that the NHL organization, despite the ongoing lockout, is checking in on its prospects.
“He’s a goalie coach in the NHL and works with Roberto Luongo and Cory Schneider. He worked with Carey Price as well, so whatever he says, I’ll listen,” he said.
Screaming Eagles head coach Ron Choules said his team put in a strong effort against the Mooseheads in a 4-2 loss at the Halifax Metro Centre on Friday, but will need to avoid a slow start tonight like they had against the Saint John Sea Dogs on Saturday at Harbour Station. Cape Breton fell behind 3-0 in the first period in a 4-1 loss.
“In Halifax, I thought we played very well and we played against those top kids who get a lot of ice time,” said Choules. “I liked their compete and battle level in that game.
“In Saint John, their big line beat us in (Jonathan) Huberdeau, (Stephen) MacAulay, (Ryan) Tesink, (Kevin) Gagné and (Pierre) Durepos. We have to know when they’re on the ice. Basically, for 10 minutes, that was the game. They got up two and a turnover at the end of the period really hurt us.”
Following tonight’s game, the Screaming Eagles will host the Rimouski Oceanic on Friday at 7 p.m.

Date		Team		Game	MINS	W	L	GA	SHA	SV	SV%	ENA
Nov 28, 2012	Cape Breton	Chi@Cap	17:56	-	L	4	10	6	.600	0
Nov 24, 2012	Cape Breton	Cap@SNB	60:00	-	L	4	24	20	.833	0
Nov 18, 2012	Cape Breton	Rou@Cap	60:00	-	L	6	26	20	.769	0
Nov 16, 2012	Cape Breton	SNB@Cap	7:25	-	-	2	5	3	.600	0
Nov 14, 2012	Cape Breton	PEI@Cap	60:00	W	-	3	20	17	.850	0
Nov 9, 2012	Cape Breton	Cap@Vic	34:57	-	L	6	24	18	.750	0

Edited by avelanch, 30 November 2012 - 01:33 PM.

#164 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

Schroeder doesn't have much of a choice to be top six point producer. I know his size isn't ideal for a bottom six player, but you could take Nathan Gerbe for example playing in the bottom six for Buffalo...was a point producer when in Boston College but had to redefine his game because his offensive game just wasn't dynamic enough to win himself a top six position...besides When you have Ennis, Pomminville, Vanek and Stafford ahead of ya..its hard to win a spot.

But he redefined his game a pesky lil fella in the bottom six roll but yet still able to rock out a 25-30 point production. I've watched Sabre games before, hes got a lot of grit and determination for a guy who stands at 5'5'' and 173 pounds. I think Schroeder can do that too..i've seen some highlights and Schroeder can hit players, because he is so small his center of gravity is pretty good and has the ability to deliver some pretty solid checks. Sure it isn't bone crushing but solid ones that finish off his check. His defensive game can only get better and has a fairly good offensive jump. So if need be he could very well play a bottom six roll, it doesn't always have to be the stereotypical 6 foot hard nosed hitter.

Agreed, good post!
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#165 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,538 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#166 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thank you so much for the update, but man oh man, was that downright painfull to look at . I still remember the time when we were talking about how Steve Anthony was a steal with the 7th pick, and now hes barley hanging in there as a ECHLer. I'm not righting anyone off, I'm sorry to say, I am expecting much more at this point, out of guys like Schroeder, Kassian, Rodin. That is really depressing.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#167 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

Yikes our prospects went from bad to worse this year. Jensen and Corrado were the two bright spots but both have played awful over the last stretch of games (but have started to pick it up). Corrado has 8 points in his last 17 games (5 points in his last 6, 3 over 11 prior) with a sinking +/- and Jensen has 4 points in his last 13 (3 points in his last 5, 1 point over his previous 8 games).

Also our prospects are a collective -42. Goaltending which was a strong point before looks a lot worse. The only blue chip NHL talent in that bunch is Kassian because at the very least he hits and fights.

Edited by canucklehead44, 10 December 2012 - 08:09 PM.

Sig too big.

#168 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,538 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

at least Blomstrand is playing well on his new team, 4 points in 6 games.

and corrado's 7th in points by a defenseman in the OHL.

Edited by avelanch, 10 December 2012 - 11:57 PM.

#169 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

In light of all the disappointment, I think Price has been a bright spot here. The one I think I'm most disappointed in has got to be Labate. Kassian and Schroeder I would like near the 18ish point mark now, with Sweatt and Rodin around 12. Connauton will probably pick up as the season goes on, Tanev has been around expected. No idea why Sauve keeps getting scratched, too hard to tell where he really is right now. Archibald has looked good so far in the AHL and played well in the ECHL. I'd like to Polasek around 10 points or so. Lack could be better obviously, but his nagging injury and the Wolves as a whole have been terrible. But we can't blame these AHL totals right now, when all the veterans are struggling even more. If the Wolves get their act together I'm sure Schroeder, Kassian, Rodin, Sweatt and Connauton's numbers will pick up. It is expected to Jensen to bobble around as its his first pro season, but he's put up great goal totals. Just wish he played on a better team though. Corrado has been excellent, Mceneny has been as expected, nice to see him right in there after that injury last year. I hope Gaunce's PPG goes up as he recovers from injury, his totals havent been great so far. I don't have any expectations for Honzik anymore, but maybe he will pick it up after yesterday's shutout, and maybe play for the K-Wings next year. I'd like to see Greniers totals a bit higher this year with the carousel of NHLers on his team. I'm not going to judge Bolmstrand until he plays in a higher league, and especially since he's moved around so much this season. I'd like Tommernes to have around 14 points or so right now? Hutton's been ok. My expectations for Beattie and Myron aren't huge right now especially right after their draft year. Tochkin has been alright, although I won't get excited for him until he plays in the AHL, probably will be around next year. Its understandable that Cannata hasnt been supurb in his first pro season, im sure he'll get a chance on the Wolves next year. I think it's same to write off Rai and Anthony.
The big thing is the +/- numbers. And it's not even the Wolves that are the worst. Our only AHL prospects with a truly horrible +/- is Connauton at -7. But Corrado is -11, Gaunce is -6, Jensen is -9, we don't have the NCAA +/- numbers, so I'm not sure how their doing.

Edited by mrsasaki, 11 December 2012 - 12:59 AM.

#170 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,538 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

since one of the teams do not report their +/- i left it out of the NCAA totals (plus the fact that it can be a misleading stat). But here is where they are at right now:
Labate: -1
McNally: +2
Beattie: -1
Hutton: even
Myron: even
Price: +6 (this is the one that doesn't report, had to piece it together game by game through the box scores. one game didn't have who was on the ice for one of the Colgate goals, so it MAY be higher by 1, but We'll never know for sure)

Edited by avelanch, 11 December 2012 - 12:13 PM.

#171 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

Corrados +/- is extremely misleading because Sudbury is such a garbage team.

Jagermeister.jpg

#172 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,160 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

What a horrible prospect pool. If they don't pick it up, this team is going to be in huge trouble in a couple of years.

#173 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,538 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:40 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Items of note:
  • Hutton is tied for 2nd most points on his team, and tied for 3rd in goals, one behind the leaders.
  • Mcnally is no longer on Harvard (see his discussion thread for more info)
  • Schroeder and Kassian are tied for second most points on the wolves and are 2nd and 3rd, respectively for goals.
  • Gaunce is 4th on his team in points and leading all players in goals, despite playing 6-8 less games than the players ahead of him.
  • Corrado is 4th on his team in points and has twice as many points as the next highest scoring defenceman on his team.
  • Jensen is 4th on his team and first in goals scored and 6th in the league in goals scored.
  • Westerholm is 6th on his team in points (one ahead of his twin brother)
  • Tömmernes is 11th on his team in points, and 2nd for defencemen.
  • Price is 8th on his team in points, and 2nd for defencemen (their rookies are tearing it up this season). he also has the most points of any drafted player on his team.
  • Labate is 7th on his team in points, and tied for 3rd in goals scored.

Edited by avelanch, 17 December 2012 - 08:45 AM.

#174 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

Did Blomstrand just get traded to Almutuna? His stats look much better on that team.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#175 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

Did Blomstrand just get traded to Almutuna? His stats look much better on that team.

Yeah, he was brought into Almutuna to be a 1st line forward, so he went from a fringe bottom-6'er to a 1st line winger.

Edited by Hansen 36, 17 December 2012 - 07:46 PM.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#176 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

Prospect pool is weak agree

#177 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,312 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

Our prospects have always flown under the radar.

Kesler was never expected to be more than a third line checker. He went on to be one of the best two-way second liners in the game today.

Schneider was considered an off the board pick at the time. 3 goalies were chosen ahead of him who were all expected to be better (Schwarz, Dubnyk, and Montoya). And now he's one of the best young goalies in the game

Edler was relatively unknown when we drafted him, and now he's a 50 point defenseman.

Hansen is considered the ultimate gem pick in is draft year.

Tanev and Burrows were also unknown, undrafted players that came out of nowhere.

This team has not had a problem with its prospects being underrated. If anything, it's good in this market to have expectations low. Look how much pressure was put on Hodgson, and now he's not even on the team anymore. So doubt away, it's a good thing.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#178 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,538 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

Yeah, he was brought into Almutuna to be a 1st line forward, so he went from a fringe bottom-6'er to a 1st line winger.

it definitely helped his game out.

#179 WolfxHaley

WolfxHaley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

Kesler was never expected to be more than a third line checker. He went on to be one of the best two-way second liners in the game today.

Schneider was considered an off the board pick at the time. 3 goalies were chosen ahead of him who were all expected to be better (Schwarz, Dubnyk, and Montoya). And now he's one of the best young goalies in the game

Edler was relatively unknown when we drafted him, and now he's a 50 point defenseman.

Tanev and Burrows were also unknown, undrafted players that came out of nowhere.

This team has not had a problem with its prospects being underrated. If anything, it's good in this market to have expectations low. Look how much pressure was put on Hodgson, and now he's not even on the team anymore. So doubt away, it's a good thing.

People take the "Experts" opinions as the gospel sometimes, but the truth is, is that even they can't Predict potential accurately all the time. While it may look like our prospect pool is very weak (and maybe it really is) you really never know who could surprise each year.

Edited by SonGoku23, 17 December 2012 - 11:57 PM.

Posted Image

#180 CanuckinEdm

CanuckinEdm

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,393 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

Schneider wasn't an off the board pick I'm pretty sure he was rated higher then dubnyk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.