The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Being in a relationship

EoH

I believe if you start making friends of the opposite sex you should watch to see if they have other intentions. It may look like jealousy in some cases, but in most cases your partner will pick up on the other persons intentions before you do BECAUSE they are looking for them and are defensive. This isn't wrong as it's natural to want to protect your relationship from people who want to get in the middle of it.

My girlfriend of five years had a friend (built like a brick S*** house, army guy, decent guy, romantic) whom always put his problems on her, I warned her to watch him and she got angry at my "jealousy". I didn't try and forbid her to see him or get angry she spent time with him, but I knew he was interested. He eventually went in for a kiss one night and I got a call from her crying.

So just be weary of your friends intentions with you, other than that their should be no problems. Also, no one should be angry with you for picking someone up drunk, that is an admirable quality you possess and it amazes me at how many people will not do this.

Hope this helps

PS. We are very happy together and I JUST GOT ENGAGED :)

The girl I picked up was drunk and she was an old time friend. However, shes the type of girl that hangs out with males quite often and my girlfriend thought I was being used because 'i'll just be another guy to her'.

I assume she takes exception to this because 1) I told her a lot of negative things about her and 2) shes a girl...and I have a girlfriend and she just calls me a sewer rat and other grunting names for even not notifying her. I tried explaining, but it never works.

Normally I side with the man in cases of jealousy issues, but your girlfriend has a point here. Picking drunk girls up from bars is a boyfriend job. Girls at the end of a night of clubing are normally drunk and possibly looking to get laid. Why didn't your friend take a cab? Friend or not, you shouldn't be hanging out alone with other girls late at night. Especially when at least one party is drunk.

And no, getting rides home late at night is not a standard thing friends do for eachother. Would you randomly call up a male friend and ask him to drive you home because you were drunk?

Normally I side with the man in cases of jealousy issues, but your girlfriend has a point here. Picking drunk girls up from bars is a boyfriend job. Girls at the end of a night of clubing are normally drunk and possibly looking to get laid. Why didn't your friend take a cab? Friend or not, you shouldn't be hanging out alone with other girls late at night. Especially when at least one party is drunk.

And no, getting rides home late at night is not a standard thing friends do for eachother. Would you randomly call up a male friend and ask him to drive you home because you were drunk?

So your girlfriend is mentally bullying you and thinks that's OK because she thinks the drunk friend is doing the same thing?

Pot meet Kettle.

Your girlfriend thinks you're a sewer rat and other grunting names? I am sure I don't have to tell you this but life is way too short to deal with crap like this.

You are better off not getting involved in these type of situations. This only makes your life difficult. Your lady is obviously jealous and well she should be. Why are you picking up drunk girls at any hour of the night that is not your sister or your girl? Better yet, why is she calling you? She likely has many other single friends who can pick her up. Yet she chooses you, knowing full well how your lady will react. I know you are just trying to be her friend, which in a guy's mind is no big deal, but not in a woman's mind. Next time, tell her to take a cab.

My friends situation wasn't the same and she was not a club, she was drinking with another girls house because her other friend felt pretty down about some problem. She even said not to go do the club because its dangerous and such to go alone, so she was merely trying to comfort one of her own friends. Also, she is not trying to get laid.

The phone call to me was pretty random, however its not like I'm going to leave her there, we've been good friends since the majority of high school and like I said, she told me she tried phoning 2 other people before me, they just couldn't answer. It wasn't that late as well, maybe around 11pm'ish?

no no, shes calling my other friend that, even though they never met.

she also tells me that I will never do better with any girl and if i do apply things to like generally adding girls on facebook/msn, she say she'll always leave. So far I been quite compliant with all her rules. Even with getting a number, email, facebook from a girl for school related stuff I would need permission.

Thing is I really do love her and wish she would see it my way, but I'm always wrong.

no no, shes calling my other friend that, even though they never met.

she also tells me that I will never do better with any girl and if i do apply things to like generally adding girls on facebook/msn, she say she'll always leave. So far I been quite compliant with all her rules. Even with getting a number, email, facebook from a girl for school related stuff I would need permission.

Thing is I really do love her and wish she would see it my way, but I'm always wrong.

My friends situation wasn't the same and she was not a club, she was drinking with another girls house because her other friend felt pretty down about some problem. She even said not to go do the club because its dangerous and such to go alone, so she was merely trying to comfort one of her own friends. Also, she is not trying to get laid.

The phone call to me was pretty random, however its not like I'm going to leave her there, we've been good friends since the majority of high school and like I said, she told me she tried phoning 2 other people before me, they just couldn't answer. It wasn't that late as well, maybe around 11pm'ish?

I'm guessing a lot of the posters here are really young or have never been in serious longterm relationships. A general ban on hanging out alone with drunk people of the opposite sex late at night is not "ruining your life". That's a pretty standard thing.

I'm guessing a lot of the posters here are really young or have never been in serious longterm relationships. A general ban on hanging out alone with drunk people of the opposite sex late at night is not "ruining your life". That's a pretty standard thing.

Archived