93 replies to this topic

#61 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,024 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:35 PM

A real man rises to the occassion, helps his friends out, and does not take advantage of a drunk woman.

I just have to bite my tongue at what you describe as a "real" man .. "rises to the occasion" with a drunken female friend? .. accidental humor? .. :lol:

A relationship without mutually developed trust is a dead-end relationship ..
"To Thine Own Self Be True"

#62 Dittohead

Dittohead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

mid 20's.. do not get married.

#63 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

engaged at 27, I think I am old enough.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#64 TACIC

TACIC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

Just have s*x with her and that will satisfy
Posted Image
Credit to JimLahey for this awesome sig

TACIC

Yes i am a Leafs fan too, DEAL WITH IT!!

#65 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

I'm not going to argue on this. Maybe i am just absurdly lucky, and am really wrong about women other than my own. But I would like to believe that the majority of women 25+ trust their men enough to do something like this. If it takes them 3 hours to get home I can understand the dilemma, maybe. I don't know.

Just keep telling yourself that....your woman will change....they always do.

#66 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:45 PM

Because yours did?

Not all women are the same. I'd like to believe that in a healthy relationship a woman has trust in her partner.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#67 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,402 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:47 PM

Newsflash: People are individuals.
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted Image

#68 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,979 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

thats just being dumb.

2qn360i.jpg

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#69 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

Because yours did?

Not all women are the same. I'd like to believe that in a healthy relationship a woman has trust in her partner.

Mine. All of my friends' women. The partner of basically everyone I know. As women get closer to 30 and/or married things change big time. I refer you to the following link:

#70 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,402 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

^^ Very scientific :rolleyes:
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted Image

#71 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,979 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

I believe if you start making friends of the opposite sex you should watch to see if they have other intentions. It may look like jealousy in some cases, but in most cases your partner will pick up on the other persons intentions before you do BECAUSE they are looking for them and are defensive. This isn't wrong as it's natural to want to protect  your relationship from people who want to get in the middle of it.

My girlfriend of five years had a friend (built like a brick S*** house, army guy, decent guy, romantic) whom always put his problems on her, I warned her to watch him and she got angry at my "jealousy". I didn't try and forbid her to see him or get angry she spent time with him, but I knew he was interested. He eventually went in for a kiss one night and I got a call from her crying.

So just be weary of your friends intentions with you, other than that their should be no problems. Also, no one should be angry with you for picking someone up drunk, that is an admirable quality you possess and it amazes me at how many people will not do this.

Hope this helps

PS. We are very happy together and I JUST GOT ENGAGED :)

Congratulations :)

2qn360i.jpg

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#72 Fudd

Fudd

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

You're not gonna be happy with her when she's controlling you like that and you know it.

If it's your girl, she should know who's important to you unless you guys have only been dating for like.. a week.

#73 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

And men N-E-V-E-R do? Uh, huh.........ok..... :rolleyes:

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 21 September 2012 - 05:02 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#74 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

To the OP, your Girlfriend doesn't sound very good..

But I can't say much considering I haven't even had one yet...workin' on it tho :)

My advice is simple: Bro's before Hoe's even if that long-time Bro is actually a Hoe.
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#75 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

To the OP, your Girlfriend doesn't sound very good..

But I can't say much considering I haven't even had one yet...workin' on it tho :)

My advice is simple: Bro's before Hoe's even if that long-time Bro is actually a Hoe.

Keep calling or think that girls are Ho's.....that'll help you get one fo sho. :rolleyes:

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#76 Raph

Raph

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

Unless if it was the choice of picking up your drunk g/f vs picking up your drunk female friend, I don't see how this puts the female friend in front of your relationship.
Untouchables: Tanev, Jensen, Kassian
Mostly untouchable: Sedins (need someone to man the fort and no trade value)
Open to trade: Everyone else
Drive to airport: Bieksa, Edler

Bring back: Ehrhoff

#77 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

And men N-E-V-E-R do? Uh, huh.........ok..... :rolleyes:

Hey, I never made that claim :)

#78 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

Newsflash: People are individuals.

Newsflash: women be crazy.

#79 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,692 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:56 PM

I just have to bite my tongue at what you describe as a "real" man .. "rises to the occasion" with a drunken female friend? .. accidental humor? .. :lol:

A relationship without mutually developed trust is a dead-end relationship ..

Awesome: If you are a sexfiend willing to take advantage of someone, then you are a player. Grow up, be responsible and earn trust!

#80 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,024 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:28 PM

Awesome: If you are a sexfiend willing to take advantage of someone, then you are a player. Grow up, be responsible and earn trust!

"From the mouths of babes" .. once again your sense of humor escaped you .. :bored:
"To Thine Own Self Be True"

#81 lx Birdie xl

lx Birdie xl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:35 PM

Didnt read the whole topic buut..

Hoes before hoes?

#82 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,992 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:58 PM

"Making me get rid of". Here's what I've learned about relationships: parents "make you" do things....everyone else should suggest, discuss, hope you do. But as for what you actually DO do, that's up to you and if your mind is clear of any wrong doing, that should be your guide.

Possessiveness and jealousy are evil things - I know because my ex used to be so jealous that I eventually gave up having ALL friends - male and female (he never did accept male friends). And when he and I fell apart, I had nothing because he'd made sure of it along the way.

Sure, be sensitive to your g/f or b/f's feelings but someone who "demands" something of you should really step back and understand and respect that you're an adult, capable of making your own decisions. Or, maybe you're not? - sounds like maybe you are young and this is perfectly logical if so. (In a cute, puppy love way) But "she's making me get rid of my friend" is cause for concern, as this can develop into a control issue down the road and no one should decide for you except you.

Posted Image

#83 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,692 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:47 AM

"Making me get rid of". Here's what I've learned about relationships: parents "make you" do things....everyone else should suggest, discuss, hope you do. But as for what you actually DO do, that's up to you and if your mind is clear of any wrong doing, that should be your guide.

Possessiveness and jealousy are evil things - I know because my ex used to be so jealous that I eventually gave up having ALL friends - male and female (he never did accept male friends). And when he and I fell apart, I had nothing because he'd made sure of it along the way.

Sure, be sensitive to your g/f or b/f's feelings but someone who "demands" something of you should really step back and understand and respect that you're an adult, capable of making your own decisions. Or, maybe you're not? - sounds like maybe you are young and this is perfectly logical if so. (In a cute, puppy love way) But "she's making me get rid of my friend" is cause for concern, as this can develop into a control issue down the road and no one should decide for you except you.

Spoken with great personal wisdom.

#84 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:55 AM

So im in this relationship right now and i want to clarify a few things regarding being in a relationship and the 'set' of rules it comes with.

Being in a relationship are you allowed to still meet other people of the opposite gender (aside from such things as school and work, unless if necessary) and be friends with them like get their numbers, text and call etc.

Right now im also in the middle of the fight because i picked up one of my friends that were drunk one time and she was a girl. My girlfriend is taking an exception to this because i'm not suppose to do this because its not my responsibility (even though we been friends for a long time) and it was the wrong thing to do.

As of right now shes also making me get rid of my friend because i put 'her' before the relationship is this also wrong?

So, i just want to know from others perspective
is what i did wrong and the thoughts on the aforementioned question above, thanks.

Being single is the BEST! No more nagging, no more fighting, no more bitchassness, no more questioning, no more answering, no more worrying, no more periods and WAAAAAAAY more freedom. Hanging out with my friends and going out whenever...I feel like I have a life now!

Posted Image

#85 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:03 AM

Girls in their mid 20's usually break up over a cheeseburger. It would be considered a success or a long term relationship if it lasts more than a year.

Posted Image

#86 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:11 AM

Sounds jealous, lacking in confidence, overbearing and controlling, to me.

I'd dump her.

And always, always drive your drunk friends home if they call.

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#87 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,829 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:23 AM

I had a girlfriend in the past who had problems with me hanging out with my female friends.

Key word in that sentience: "had"

I don't tolerate that bull, I have friends that I want to hang out with and I'm going to hang out with them or pick them up when they're drunk or whatever, I don't care who she hangs out with or what she does with them.

But that's just me.

My current relationship is awesome, my girlfriend knows I love her and trusts me.

Sounds jealous, lacking in confidence, overbearing and controlling, to me.

I'd dump her.

And always, always drive your drunk friends home if they call.

I'd listen to this guy! Never ever leave a drunk friend high and dry when they need a ride, no matter the gender!

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 22 September 2012 - 10:25 AM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#88 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:58 AM

Being single is the BEST! No more nagging, no more fighting, no more bitchassness, no more questioning, no more answering, no more worrying, no more periods and WAAAAAAAY more freedom. Hanging out with my friends and going out whenever...I feel like I have a life now!

http://www.cracked.c...t-being-single/
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#89 Lancaster

Lancaster

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:44 PM

Relationships can come and go, but friends will usually stick around forever.

I've been with girls who were extremely insecure and basically forbade me from hanging out with other girls or even other friends for that matter. Even kept calling me when I'm hanging out with the guys. They weren't interested in hanging out with my friends either.
After spending many years with one girl, broke up and then the other (pretty much rinse/repeat), and after losing contact with many friends along the way.... I realize that no significant other is worth losing your friends for.

Now, I've met my current gf who wants me to meet more folks of either gender, because she wants to be part of my social circles and stuff (eg. bowling night with a group > bowling night with only 2).

#90 Drgnslyer

Drgnslyer

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

no no, shes calling my other friend that, even though they never met.

she also tells me that I will never do better with any girl and if i do apply things to like generally adding girls on facebook/msn, she say she'll always leave. So far I been quite compliant with all her rules. Even with getting a number, email, facebook from a girl for school related stuff I would need permission.

Thing is I really do love her and wish she would see it my way, but I'm always wrong.

I really have to echo what lots of people are saying in here. A little insight on where my comments are coming from...my wife and I have been married three and a half years (I just turned 30) and have been together for just short of 11 years. We were great friends through highschool and didn't start dating until the summer after she graduated. Our relationship is, and always will be based on trust and faith in eachother. I chose to ask her to marry me in large part because I know I can unconditionally trust her. (nevermind the facts that a: she's my best friend with whom I can talk about ALL things, b: we have loads of fun together, and c: I think she's incredibly beautiful, etcetera...) and I know that trust is recriprocated.

I have many female friends, some I met back in highschool, some at work afterwards. I keep in touch with them on a regular basis because they're great people. She has many male friends for the same reasons. Furthermore, one of her female friends that she met while at University will call/text me to talk about work or personal problems and vice versa (we have similar work; retail sales/management and have lots of common experience to help eachother out, even if to just be a soundboard.) My wife doesn't mind this because both of us try to bring people into our lives that we can not only enjoy having around, but trust. She's been away with some of her male friends for weekend camping trips while I've worked and I know that I can trust her AND her friends. There has also been an instance where one of her male friends stuck up for her while they were out camping without me because a drunk guy was being incredibly vulgar to her in another language thinking my wife wouldn't understand by kicking him out of their campsite. (when both my wife and her friend understood what was being said.) I know that I don't need to worry about my wife because a: she can handle herself well and b: chooses to be around people who are good people.

I can't emphasize enough how important trust is in a relationship for it to last. IMHO if she trusts you, she should be willing to listen to your reasons for your actions and consider that you just might, MAYBE, be right, for example, in picking up a stranded drunk friend to make sure she made it home safe.

I had to learn the hard way a few times with a couple previous girlfriends who had cheated on me. Now, I was fortunate enough to have these experiences while still in highschool before there was marriage or children even remotely in the picture, some of my close friends have had to go through that after there are children and marriage involved, and believe me it can get incredibly ugly and nasty. I found it funny that the girlfriends who tried to "controll" or "change" me were the ones who I could trust the least. In fact, I've found that with people in general will behave that way. (ie: those who constantly spout off about being full of integrity tend to be the types who will be the first to dip their hand into your wallet when you're not looking.)

With her comments on "you'll never do better with anyone else so you may as well stay with me"... make me agree with the comments regarding her being insecure. I remember one job I used to have that thankfully I left. I was constantly told while working there "we're the best game in town, you'll never find a better retail job than this one, the grass may SEEM greener on the other side but trust me it's not, so don't bother looking..." Turns out after leaving for a different, yet similar job I had less stress, less scrutiny on pointless statistics, more flexability in the scope of my duties, better pay, and a better boss. (Who, coincidentally never mentioned a word about not being able to find a better job elsewhere)

You love her, I believe that, but does she love you? Unrequited love is a bitch, and from the sounds of it there may be a problem here with that. Remember, it's one thing to SAY that you love a person, however your actions towards that individual will show weather or not you're being honest with that statement. Same with someone preaching about their honesty and integrity only to steal from you at the first opportunity. I feel that if she loves you back (a MAJOR part of any long term relationship) she should support you and trust you, which means she should also be secure enough to allow you to be friends with whoever your choose. If you both have similar (not nescessarily identical) values, she would almost by default like whoever you choose to be friends with, and vice versa.

/Rant.
Think before you act, act before it's too late.

Did we implode yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.