The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

craigslist

Dragonfruits

Yeah all sales are final, which is why it's the buyer's responsibility to make sure things work. If he didn't care about checking everything, then it is his loss.

Phones and monitors I have bought a number of times, and sold, and its very common practice to make sure things work.

so i sold a xbox 360 with games and controller and hdmi cord i tested everything now this guy claims the controller doesn't work i met him at a skytrain station and also he didn't even discuss lowering the price 30 dollars but i ended up doing it for the money my question is what is my liability should i take everything back

He was crazy to give you 240 for a used xbox even if it has 18 games unless majority have been released in the last year and then to not check that it all works is just plain stupid on his part and to be honest the left stick sticking a bit to the left is so common on 360 controllers ,Microsoft cheaped out on the quality of there controllers so i would not be surprised if it was already doing that before you sold it or if it was banged around in transition of the sale

Once the guy walks away with the property it's no longer your obligation in my opinion. What's to say he didn't drop it as he fumbled to get his keys, got it wet, etc.? Like dee says, if you sold it in good faith, having tested it and knowing it was in good working condition, it's his deal now.

You can't knowingly sell something broken and claim it's not or you're misleading people. By the same token, someone buying a second hand electronic item has a responsibility to test it there, with you present. If he didn't do that, he can't come back to you saying it's your fault it's not working...it may not be.

Just read the rest of the thread....uttering threats is a criminal offense. Keep that text and if he harasses you, report it.

It's true - there are scammers out there and this idiot buying second hard merch should have tested it prior to handing over any cash. That way, you both can clearly see if it's in working order at the time of the sale. But he didn't do that and I'd say he's likely someone trying to scam you.

I'd send a text back saying you're reporting the fact that he's threatening you and to not contact you any further. Then don't respond beyond that and follow through if he continues.

PS: if he can't spell "I know what to do" I highly doubt that he does. He's clearly not the brightest light on the tree, so I wouldn't sweat it.

RIP CaptainCanuck88.

It was nice knowing you bro.

But in all seriousness, don't even worry about it. He doesn't know where you live, all he has is your phone number and name? Even if the controller isn't working (which I doubt) that's final sale. This is craigslist! If you're worried about broken products or buying products that are broken, go to futureshop or bestbuy and spend the extra money, this guy is a goof. And keep that threatening text like some said, if at all this goes further, that could come in handy.

And please, refrain from CL as much as possible, there are so many creeps in todays world, it's not even funny.

Archived