The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Canucks current achilles heal is...

Lui's Knob

lack of grit combined with weak secondary scoring and injuries

grit: need at least one mean sob on the team. period.

secondary scoring: if Kesler is totally healthy, this isn't an issue.

injuries: they have been real issues. lost Malholtra, Kesler, Raymond... all 3 of those players are shadows of their former selves. Imagine if Malholtra was still a selke candidate, Kesler was a consistent 30-40 goal guy who was rarely injured and gritty as hell, and Raymond was still a 25-goal dirty area player?

injuries are the biggest thing. say what you want about the refs, but it was injuries that cost us the scf... sigh... what else if f#king new!!!

Nailed it on the head. I don't mean we need a bunch of goons, we just need guys that play their game with more toughness. The Sedin twins are two of the most skilled players in the league but come playoff time they are not the same players as they are in the regular season. Guys like Doan, Toews, Giroux, Marchand, and Bolland are players that elevate their game to a new level come playoff time. We have guys that elevate their game come playoff time like Kesler, Burrows, Hansen, and Lapierre to name a few but the Sedin twins don't seem to have that extra gear and we count on them for a great deal of our offense.

I love the guys on the team but sometimes I hate how we're built.

We spend to the cap, but our two best forwards can't play on seperate lines (that hurts),

add a converted third liner that might only get 15-20 goals on most other lines in the league,

add to that our first line is extremely tiny

We have about 3 guys that play on the second or first line that shouldn't be there ... ever: Higgins, Raymond, Hansen

2nd line obviously has no playmaker and therefore no chemistry.

Our fourth line has little in terms of identity outside of Lappy and is basically there to win faceoffs

2/4 of our top 4 D has no idea what D is

Other than that I really like our goaltending situation.

Archived