#1 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,104 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:41 AM

Anyone have this game?

All I hear about it is it's freaking awesome. I'm going to get it soon.

I've been excited about it since I heard it was coming, but I totally forgot the release date until the reviews started pouring in.

x1vXIze.png
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

small.pngCDCEHL

#2 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,622 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

I'm waiting for my copy of the game to be shipped. Quite looking forward to actually playing the game.

PC version, btw.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#3 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:56 AM

The PC version looks sick, especially with this new graphics card

Posted Image

#4 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 12,692 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:00 AM

cant believe this game costs $60

while part 1 was fun, it was extremely easy and offered no replayability.

i doubt part 2 has given incentive to replay, but i'd be lying if i wasnt interested in this game

just not for the price
Posted Image

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#5 Kran

Kran

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,438 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:39 AM

I've already started reading the Gearbox forums and studying (yes, studying) the different skill trees for Axton. Having played Roland in the first, being badass and all, it's great to see that in BL2 you are getting relatively the same character, but with a much BETTER turret.

Can't say I'll be playing it anytime soon though, I don't want to fork out 60$ for it. I've got some items saved up in TF2 that I want to trade for it, however since I'm poor and Irish I probably have to wait until a sale comes along. Please don't make me wait until the Christmas sale

Come on Steam, make it happen.

#6 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:52 AM

It's pretty awesome but I don't know if I like it more than the original to be completely honest.

Easy? I never found it overly easy.

I played the fist one until the 17th of September 2012.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#7 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,104 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:54 AM

cant believe this game costs $60

i doubt part 2 has given incentive to replay, but i'd be lying if i wasnt interested in this game

just not for the price

I hear that the 2nd isn't easy. In fact, it gets difficult later on.

x1vXIze.png
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

small.pngCDCEHL

#8 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

I hear that the 2nd isn't easy. In fact, it gets difficult later on.

I've made it to lv12 (I know, hard core right? :P ) and it's starting to get pretty sketchy.

#9 Ryanstorm

Ryanstorm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:49 PM

I'm interested in it, but will probably buy it once it comes down in price. Lots of other things to buy plus I kill a lot of time with NHL13

Edited by Ryanstorm, 22 September 2012 - 01:49 PM.

10n8i06.jpg

#10 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:23 PM

Hehe

Edited by Grammar Police, 23 September 2012 - 02:39 AM.

#11 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

Y B BAD N DOINT B GD!!!!!11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Ummm.... You're the grammar police?

#12 Masamune

Masamune

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:37 AM

I'm playing it on Steam (got a freebie through my computer store) and XBL. Definitely not easy, and definitely has replay value. I have a Gunzerker at level 24 playing solo and I am by no means skipping through the game. There are enimies that will absolutely wreck you, given the chance. I've been challenged a lot by the bigger Threshers especially. Plus they actually thought the plot out. It's not that the story is really elaborate, but it's funny enough and it gets dark when it has to. Million times better than the first one in all aspects.

On a side note, what funny/random/weird "rare" dialouge have you all heard from the enimies? That's a nice bonus to combat, IMO. Today I was staring down a charging Psycho who shouted meanacingly "I'M GONNA MAKE..."(I kill him)"...pancakes..."
I also had one say "I'M NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP" on his death animation.

#13 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:35 AM

I've been playing it on the PC and so far it's been a blast.

From the zany characters, the over-the-top dialogue and hilarious jokes, the great action and challenge, I've had a lot of fun so far.

I have some friends who play it also and we've been spending some time going 4-man co-op. Man, things just do not die in 4-man co-op hahaha.

Good times.

RIP LB RR PD

#14 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,622 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:10 AM

Claptrap needs to shut up and stop following me around. But otherwise, it's been a fun game. Enjoying it even though I didn't enjoy the first game all too much. It's pretty much the same fundamental game, but they improved on enough things to keep me interested this time around.

#15 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:52 PM

I met Tiny Tina last night and my sides still hurt!

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 24 September 2012 - 12:53 PM.

#16 Blame Obama

Blame Obama

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

The PC version looks sick, especially with this new graphics card

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwDSStjz6sY

wow didnt notice till this video.. lol i need to upgrade my card (gts450) :(

10f3wcl.jpg

sig made by: -Vintage Canuck-

#17 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,498 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

i actually did find the first one a little easy to the point i could run into battle without any worry

well this one is completely different from level one you realize these enemies are smarter and will kill you unless you make some sort of plan means no more running and gunning enemies down

i must be in the minority because i love clap trap

Edited by captaincanuck88, 24 September 2012 - 09:42 PM.

#18 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:48 AM

i actually did find the first one a little easy to the point i could run into battle without any worry

well this one is completely different from level one you realize these enemies are smarter and will kill you unless you make some sort of plan means no more running and gunning enemies down

Yeah, I've found the enemy AI to be a lot better this time around. I've noticed they try and flank you and they use cover more.

i must be in the minority because i love clap trap

You and me both!

#19 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

Yeah, I've found the enemy AI to be a lot better this time around. I've noticed they try and flank you and they use cover more.

You and me both!

I find all the dialogue absolutely hilarious.

RIP LB RR PD

#20 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:49 PM

I find all the dialogue absolutely hilarious.

I know! I spend half the game dying because I'm keeled over laughing.

People who complain about the dialog shouldn't be playing the game in the first place.

#21 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,622 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:21 PM

The dialogue and characters in the game have been otherwise quite awesome. Doesn't mean that I don't think Claptrap should shut up. Lol.

#22 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

The dialogue and characters in the game have been otherwise quite awesome. Doesn't mean that I don't think Claptrap should shut up. Lol.

I got a feeling (a feeling deep inside ooh yeah) that you enjoyed Claptraps Robot Revolution a little too much.

#23 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,622 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:16 PM

I got a feeling (a feeling deep inside ooh yeah) that you enjoyed Claptraps Robot Revolution a little too much.

I have not played it, but I probably would, yes. Lol.

#24 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:59 AM

If any of you guys have done Claptrap's birthday quest, you kind of start to feel bad for the guy, lol.

If you just stand near him, from time to time he says "So lonely........" :(

RIP LB RR PD

#25 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,498 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:33 PM

some of the areas almost feels like i have to go co-op to get through it or maybe i don't have good weapons might have to open the golden chest early

currently level 19 almost 20 gunzerker

#26 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:37 PM

So what are people's favourite characters? I've played all four and so far I really like Zero (played Mordecai most in Borderlansds) and Axton. They make a great two player co-op team.

I don't really like Salvador (didn't like Brick either). Maya has some nice powers but I liked Lilith better, she was a beast in Borderlands, just gimme a Maliwan fire SMG and let me loose!

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 26 September 2012 - 01:43 PM.

#27 Masamune

Masamune

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

So what are people's favourite characters? I've played all four and so far I really like Zero (played Mordecai most in Borderlansds) and Axton. They make a great two player co-op team.

I don't really like Salvador (didn't like Brick either). Maya has some nice powers but I liked Lilith better, she was a beast in Borderlands, just gimme a Maliwan fire SMG and let me loose!

I haven't played Zer0 or Axton yet, but you're making me curious. Salvador's really good if you spec and match your weapons properly. Definitely an "all-or-nothing" playstyle, though. I'm closing in on the end of the first playthrough on my Gunzerker, and I found that doing a solo playthrough with him is all about getting the right balance of tankiness and "throughput" (Pitchford's way of saying "lots of frigging damage").

I have a lot of points in Rampage and I'm starting to spec into Brawn now that I'm using a cooldown COM in lieu of my health-regen/gun damage mod. It also helps to have be prepared for "fight for your life," because there is no denying the fact that you will be in that situation a lot. Without a Res Siren (I always play as one in co-op) on your team you're going to have to revive yourself most of the time, because guranteed most of the time you will be getting knocked down right out in the middle of the fight. I have a nova shield that will get me right back on my feet instantly, nine times out of ten. It's not a bad idea to carry a launcher at all times (or a hyperion SMG/shotgun, because of the good hipfire accuracy).

The main idea, for my build at least, is to maximize elemental damage by matching the dominant element with a good slag-hose and shoot whatever looks like it will die easiest. In co-op, this matches up really well with a Siren, because Res is Salvador's best friend and Maya can take the biggest gun out of the fight while the Gunzerker deals with the masses. Really fun dynamics to play with.

Edit: What platforms are you all on? Steam and 360 here.

Edit Within The Edit: D'oh, that question is redundant. Just like this edit.

Posted Image

Edited by Masamune, 27 September 2012 - 05:12 AM.

#28 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:51 AM

I'm on PC. So far I've working through my first playthrough as a commando (Axton). I don't die too often, as my spec involves running around a lot taking cover and taking advantage of my shield's quick regeneration rate and low delay. If I'm in trouble I throw down the sentry gun as a decoy so I can recharge. My HP regen is also quite high, so I haven't been in the "fight for your life" situation too many times. I have, of course, died a few times. Mostly it was before I knew I could turn in tokens to buff my character, lol. Once I figured that out (at like, level 20 or something, LOL) things got considerably better.

I usually have an array of different weapons. I use sniper rifles as my primary (they're OP, in my opinion) and just snipe heads. If things try to engage me at close quarters I roll out the assault rifles of various elements depending on the situation, and usually have a pistol and/or smg handy just in case I do go down.

I don't know about you guys, but I find myself doing a lot of crouching and sneaking around and sniping from afar. I probably should have rolled zer0 (assassin) but the autogun is a beauty.

Edited by Jai604, 27 September 2012 - 03:51 AM.

RIP LB RR PD

#29 Masamune

Masamune

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:07 AM

I'm on PC. So far I've working through my first playthrough as a commando (Axton). I don't die too often, as my spec involves running around a lot taking cover and taking advantage of my shield's quick regeneration rate and low delay. If I'm in trouble I throw down the sentry gun as a decoy so I can recharge. My HP regen is also quite high, so I haven't been in the "fight for your life" situation too many times. I have, of course, died a few times. Mostly it was before I knew I could turn in tokens to buff my character, lol. Once I figured that out (at like, level 20 or something, LOL) things got considerably better.

I usually have an array of different weapons. I use sniper rifles as my primary (they're OP, in my opinion) and just snipe heads. If things try to engage me at close quarters I roll out the assault rifles of various elements depending on the situation, and usually have a pistol and/or smg handy just in case I do go down.

I don't know about you guys, but I find myself doing a lot of crouching and sneaking around and sniping from afar. I probably should have rolled zer0 (assassin) but the autogun is a beauty.

A few times??? ...holy... do you take your time? I get schooled in this game in certain areas. Especially the arena battles kick my butt. I'm using a risky class for sure but now I'm not quite sure if I'm doing something wrong.

#30 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:24 AM

A few times??? ...holy... do you take your time? I get schooled in this game in certain areas. Especially the arena battles kick my butt. I'm using a risky class for sure but now I'm not quite sure if I'm doing something wrong.

Yeah, I do take my time. It's the first playthrough so I'm exploring basically every nook and cranny finding all the weapons crates.

But when it comes to combat, I do most of my damage with sniper rifles and my sentry gun. I chuck the sentry out there and then pick everything off in the special spots for critical hits (try to, anyways).

I don't know if I'm progressing slowly or not, as I've done every side quest so far, but I'm a couple levels higher than the level requirements for the quests, so I'm probably taking my time and gaining more xp than necessary doing side quests and such.

Which arena are you talking about? The one in the Fridge? The Slaughterhouse? I dunno, I didn't die doing that one (first playthrough) during any of the three waves.

I think I probably do a lot more running away and hiding behind cover than most people, lol.

RIP LB RR PD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.