The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Borderlands 2

DollarAndADream

Guest Gumballthechewy

The dialogue and characters in the game have been otherwise quite awesome. Doesn't mean that I don't think Claptrap should shut up. Lol.

I got a feeling (a feeling deep inside ooh yeah) that you enjoyed Claptraps Robot Revolution a little too much.

Guest Gumballthechewy

So what are people's favourite characters? I've played all four and so far I really like Zero (played Mordecai most in Borderlansds) and Axton. They make a great two player co-op team.

I don't really like Salvador (didn't like Brick either). Maya has some nice powers but I liked Lilith better, she was a beast in Borderlands, just gimme a Maliwan fire SMG and let me loose!

So what are people's favourite characters? I've played all four and so far I really like Zero (played Mordecai most in Borderlansds) and Axton. They make a great two player co-op team.

I don't really like Salvador (didn't like Brick either). Maya has some nice powers but I liked Lilith better, she was a beast in Borderlands, just gimme a Maliwan fire SMG and let me loose!

I haven't played Zer0 or Axton yet, but you're making me curious. Salvador's really good if you spec and match your weapons properly. Definitely an "all-or-nothing" playstyle, though. I'm closing in on the end of the first playthrough on my Gunzerker, and I found that doing a solo playthrough with him is all about getting the right balance of tankiness and "throughput" (Pitchford's way of saying "lots of frigging damage").

I have a lot of points in Rampage and I'm starting to spec into Brawn now that I'm using a cooldown COM in lieu of my health-regen/gun damage mod. It also helps to have be prepared for "fight for your life," because there is no denying the fact that you will be in that situation a lot. Without a Res Siren (I always play as one in co-op) on your team you're going to have to revive yourself most of the time, because guranteed most of the time you will be getting knocked down right out in the middle of the fight. I have a nova shield that will get me right back on my feet instantly, nine times out of ten. It's not a bad idea to carry a launcher at all times (or a hyperion SMG/shotgun, because of the good hipfire accuracy).

The main idea, for my build at least, is to maximize elemental damage by matching the dominant element with a good slag-hose and shoot whatever looks like it will die easiest. In co-op, this matches up really well with a Siren, because Res is Salvador's best friend and Maya can take the biggest gun out of the fight while the Gunzerker deals with the masses. Really fun dynamics to play with.

Edit: What platforms are you all on? Steam and 360 here.

Edit Within The Edit: D'oh, that question is redundant. Just like this edit.

9hGke.jpg

I'm on PC. So far I've working through my first playthrough as a commando (Axton). I don't die too often, as my spec involves running around a lot taking cover and taking advantage of my shield's quick regeneration rate and low delay. If I'm in trouble I throw down the sentry gun as a decoy so I can recharge. My HP regen is also quite high, so I haven't been in the "fight for your life" situation too many times. I have, of course, died a few times. Mostly it was before I knew I could turn in tokens to buff my character, lol. Once I figured that out (at like, level 20 or something, LOL) things got considerably better.

I usually have an array of different weapons. I use sniper rifles as my primary (they're OP, in my opinion) and just snipe heads. If things try to engage me at close quarters I roll out the assault rifles of various elements depending on the situation, and usually have a pistol and/or smg handy just in case I do go down.

I don't know about you guys, but I find myself doing a lot of crouching and sneaking around and sniping from afar. I probably should have rolled zer0 (assassin) but the autogun is a beauty.

I'm on PC. So far I've working through my first playthrough as a commando (Axton). I don't die too often, as my spec involves running around a lot taking cover and taking advantage of my shield's quick regeneration rate and low delay. If I'm in trouble I throw down the sentry gun as a decoy so I can recharge. My HP regen is also quite high, so I haven't been in the "fight for your life" situation too many times. I have, of course, died a few times. Mostly it was before I knew I could turn in tokens to buff my character, lol. Once I figured that out (at like, level 20 or something, LOL) things got considerably better.

I usually have an array of different weapons. I use sniper rifles as my primary (they're OP, in my opinion) and just snipe heads. If things try to engage me at close quarters I roll out the assault rifles of various elements depending on the situation, and usually have a pistol and/or smg handy just in case I do go down.

I don't know about you guys, but I find myself doing a lot of crouching and sneaking around and sniping from afar. I probably should have rolled zer0 (assassin) but the autogun is a beauty.

A few times??? ...holy... do you take your time? I get schooled in this game in certain areas. Especially the arena battles kick my butt. I'm using a risky class for sure but now I'm not quite sure if I'm doing something wrong.

A few times??? ...holy... do you take your time? I get schooled in this game in certain areas. Especially the arena battles kick my butt. I'm using a risky class for sure but now I'm not quite sure if I'm doing something wrong.

Yeah, I do take my time. It's the first playthrough so I'm exploring basically every nook and cranny finding all the weapons crates.

But when it comes to combat, I do most of my damage with sniper rifles and my sentry gun. I chuck the sentry out there and then pick everything off in the special spots for critical hits (try to, anyways).

I don't know if I'm progressing slowly or not, as I've done every side quest so far, but I'm a couple levels higher than the level requirements for the quests, so I'm probably taking my time and gaining more xp than necessary doing side quests and such.

Which arena are you talking about? The one in the Fridge? The Slaughterhouse? I dunno, I didn't die doing that one (first playthrough) during any of the three waves.

I think I probably do a lot more running away and hiding behind cover than most people, lol.

Running and hiding behind cover is the only way I know how to play, lol.

I'm on PC, if anyone wants to play some co-op. I have yet to try that for myself.

I think it's probably the only way to survive, lol.

It's way too expensive to just rush in and keep dying.

Send me a PM with your steamID and I'll add you.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Salvador's really good if you spec and match your weapons properly. Definitely an "all-or-nothing" playstyle, though.

I wasn't implying that he was bad or anything I just don't like tank classes, I prefer sniper. I like to hang back and plug away at bad guys while stronger and more talented people go in and risk thier lives. I don't have Xbox Live but I have system link with the guy upstairs (I'm in a basement suite) and we co-op quite a bit.

I wasn't implying that he was bad or anything I just don't like tank classes, I prefer sniper. I like to hang back and plug away at bad guys while stronger and more talented people go in and risk thier lives. I don't have Xbox Live but I have system link with the guy upstairs (I'm in a basement suite) and we co-op quite a bit.

It's cool, that's not how I interpreted it. I just figured since you haven't played him I'd make a text wall involving the things I like about the class. Like, Zer0 has probably the best skill trees of any character but I haven't played him yet because percision isn't my strong suit.

Running and hiding behind cover is the only way I know how to play, lol.

I'm on PC, if anyone wants to play some co-op. I have yet to try that for myself.

I'll second that. Not saying I'll be good or anything, but if you don't mind getting the "lv1chris is dying!" notification constantly then send me your steam id. I'm also pretty engrossed in my solo playthrough right now so I might not start a co-op right away. I'm partial to starting fresh for co-op. So if people are into that, awesome.

Guest Gumballthechewy

It's cool, that's not how I interpreted it. I just figured since you haven't played him I'd make a text wall involving the things I like about the class. Like, Zer0 has probably the best skill trees of any character but I haven't played him yet because percision isn't my strong suit.

Ha ha, it's all good!

I'm only level 17 with Zer0 now so when I get a little further with him I'll post some more about him.

I don't know about you guys, but in my opinion, Axton's special ability is far better than the others, with probably the siren's phase lock being second.

Once you get to level 27 and get the shield and the rockets for your turret, everything basically just gets melted in the face. The rockets are ridiculous.

Zer0's skill is good in theory but even when attacking from behind, you rarely can one shot enemies, and if you do, the skill doesn't chain properly so you end up sitting in the middle of a pile of enemies and you're dead in no time.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I don't know about you guys, but in my opinion, Axton's special ability is far better than the others, with probably the siren's phase lock being second.

Once you get to level 27 and get the shield and the rockets for your turret, everything basically just gets melted in the face. The rockets are ridiculous.

Axton's "girlfriend" is a beast! That thing could single handedly win the game!

Zer0's skill is good in theory but even when attacking from behind, you rarely can one shot enemies, and if you do, the skill doesn't chain properly so you end up sitting in the middle of a pile of enemies and you're dead in no time.

How do you end up surrounded by bad guys? How close are you getting!? I keep my co-op partner (Axton) 100 to 200 meters in front of me and keep the baddies busy while I pluck away at them. Three of my gun slots are snipers and the forth is a revolver which I've yet to use any amount.

How do you end up surrounded by bad guys? How close are you getting!? I keep my co-op partner (Axton) 100 to 200 meters in front of me and keep the baddies busy while I pluck away at them. Three of my gun slots are snipers and the forth is a revolver which I've yet to use any amount.

I'm talking about melee.

Obviously if you're sniping then this wouldn't happen.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I'm talking about melee.

Obviously if you're sniping then this wouldn't happen.

Well he is a sniper. When I play Zero I try and go solely sniper style, all points into the sniping skill tree, longbow grenades, the like. Obviously it's easier to do in co-op when you have muscle taking the flak for you.

I do have one point on killing blow because when the bad guys finally reach me (if they ever do) they have such little health and it isn't worth a sniper bullet or switching to my pistol.

The one thing I don't like about Zero is his dialog. It's like they took it from some crappy anime show or something. The only funny thing I've heard him say was while I was reviving my buddy he said something along the lines of: "let me revive you so we can kill things only faster" or something like that.

Archived