The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Borderlands 2

DollarAndADream

Guest Gumballthechewy

Seriously, this game is ???? awesome. Surprisingly great storytelling in it. Enjoying it more than expected.

I'm definitely liking the story more than the first.

Yeah, the story is great. I've been really impressed with the story and the characters, especially Jack. The guy is absolutely easy to hate, making him the perfect villain.

So, finally got around to finishing my second playthrough on True Vault Hunter mode, and picked up some of the rares that a lot of people want.

2nhdqty.jpg

29m1zyv.jpg

23rmq1d.jpg

I can kill Terramorphous in less than 10 seconds now :o

Guest Gumballthechewy

I know it's a minor detail but I love how the things you equip, like class mods shields grenade mods and spare weapons, show up on your character. Like the commandos camera and the assassins elbow thingies (by the way, crappiest looking class mods ever). Then again it's all in the details.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Oh, anyone else having problems getting through Fink's slaughterhouse? I get to like round 5 wave 3 and no more bad guys spawn.

I'm on Xbox 360.

Oh, anyone else having problems getting through Fink's slaughterhouse? I get to like round 5 wave 3 and no more bad guys spawn.

I'm on Xbox 360.

I had problems like that in the Circle Of Death/Duty (not Slaughter, for whatever reason) back in BL1. Looks like it just happens randomly sometimes: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=387878

Anyone try Mechromancer yet? Dethtrap is pretty overpowerd IMO. I'm curious about the "Ordered Chaos" tree but I don't know if I have the guts to try it on a solo character.

For those of you who haven't found it already: http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/mechromancer.html

She's a bit of a departure from the devs' previous approach to class-design. Her skill-trees cater more to skill-level than style of play. 'Best Friends Forever' is pretty vanilla and a little too cushy for my taste, as they designed it to be a good starting point for FPS beginners. 'Little Big Trouble' (bonus points if you DON'T get that reference) is distinctly elemental based and offers the opportunity to turn Gaige into a far more relentless and damage oriented 'mage' than we ever had in Lilith or Maya. 'Ordered Chaos' is a bit intimidating, in my opinion. The first tier effectively forces you to trade 4% of your magazine size for a 24% reload speed boost. Also in the first tier, you must inevitably invest in a called Anarchy, which gives you a hefty damage bonus and an equally significant accuracy debuff every time you get a kill or empty your magazine. All the skills are very specific and demanding. It seems clunky to me, but then I haven't tried it yet.

I'm hoping that they make a dedicated "team healer" class and some sort of class with an action skill that focuses on changing the battle environment on a large scale.

Since I updated my Nvidia Drivers yesterday, this annoying text appears overlayed in the top left corner of my screen at all times during the game. It just reads "PHYSX -> CPU"

I mean from what I can tell the PhysX engine was working fine before, and is still working fine now. So I can't discern why that shows up now. And it doesn't even show up on either a Steam screenshot, or one using Fraps, so I had to take these pictures with my phone to show what I mean.

4uvq10.png

s4yvr9.png

Was wondering if anyone else faced the same problems, or knows how to make it go away.

edit: I checked the other games I own that I know run PhysX, and the same stupid overlay shows up on Mirror's Edge as well.

And apparently on Arkham Asylum too. I guess this isn't a Borderlands 2 related question then. Lol.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Ok, so I was tipping Moxie to get the achievement and I put a few more grand into the jar an she pulled a gun out of her boobies!! It's a decent corrosive smg, will she keep giving me guns if I keep tipping her?

Ok, so I was tipping Moxie to get the achievement and I put a few more grand into the jar an she pulled a gun out of her boobies!! It's a decent corrosive smg, will she keep giving me guns if I keep tipping her?

Yes, she will. She will eventually give you a fire SMG if you tip over $15k.

During your second playthrough, I would recommend waiting to do this until you're level 50, as the rewards are based on your level. Until you can get the legendary (orange) fire SMG, Moxxi's fire SMG is most likely better than any random drops you'll find. The corrosive SMG is great too.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Wow! Thanks for the tip Jai604, I'll definitely keep that in mind for my second playthrough.

Girls pullin' guns from their cleavage and whatnot...

Archived