The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Borderlands 2

DollarAndADream

Most def, dude.

The game starts to pick up until you leave snow/winter area, really.

The story gets more interesting as the game progresses. I already said this earlier in the thread, but the story is surprisingly awesome.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I like Dahl everything. The SMGs aren't all that bad if you get the right one, and I have a Dahl pistol that is one of my go-to guns. Really easy to hit headshots and keep enemies staggered.

I love the Dahl burst fire, with the assassin and a Dahl sniper ... it's just death and carnage!

I haven't even touched this game in a couple weeks, now.

The pink weapons from the DLC suck. After farming crystals from Hyperius, there's nothing left to do. zzzzz

I don't even feel like leveling my other characters, haha. Hopefully they come out with some interesting stuff sometime.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Yeah, I know what you mean, started a second charecter, a siren, got to level 16 or so and just stopped playing...

I think there's supposed to be another DLC before the end of the year.

Guest Gumballthechewy

i still like the game but the market for gaming just has way too much out there its really hard to actually spend time on just one game

anyone agree?

I agree, but then again I have ADHD.... Ooh look! Shiny.....

i still like the game but the market for gaming just has way too much out there its really hard to actually spend time on just one game

anyone agree?

I don't agree, as all these games are coming out because it's the holiday season. There are always too many good games to play at this time. Perhaps it's specifically been a better season than other years though. I wouldn't argue that.

There have been a few good games creeping in starting in about August I guess, but the first 7 months or so were a total dead zone of new releases. All the games come out now, and the time to play them follows deep into the next year.

I think it's a matter of some balancing and the rewards.

If the bosses really required 4 people and a mixture of classes to beat, and had great rewards, people might still be playing. As it stands, you can too easily cheese the bosses and the rewards just suck.

I've found pretty much all the legendary weapons that I'd even want to find, and it's gotten repetitive farming the same bosses over and over and over and over.

The only thing I've not been able to do is fight Vermivorous, but that's because I don't have enough people on my friends list who are level 50 and have decent gear.

I think I got bored of Pandora, and just the atmosphere of the game, personally. It's good, but it doesn't really give you that sense of exploration that I like in a game. I got more of that from the moment in Halo 4 where you leave the Forward Unto Dawn crash site and see those giant Forerunner towers and that huge terraformed landscape than I ever did from Borderlands, despite the nature of its relatively open world.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gumballthechewy

Borderlands 2nd DLC

Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage

(The following is taken from the Borderlands Wiki)

This is a list of features announced by Gearbox Software:

Multiple missions and optional side missions

The Badass Crater of Badassitude - Arena-style, "horde-mode," "every man for himself" combat with enemies fighting each other as well as the Vault Hunter

New Torgue weapons

Pocket Rocket

Cobra

New Enemies, including multiple bosses

6 - 8 hours of additional gameplay

• 2 weeks later...

Archived