195 replies to this topic

#31 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,210 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:31 AM

Running and hiding behind cover is the only way I know how to play, lol.

I'm on PC, if anyone wants to play some co-op. I have yet to try that for myself.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#32 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:34 AM

I'm on PC, if anyone wants to play some co-op. I have yet to try that for myself.

I think it's probably the only way to survive, lol.

It's way too expensive to just rush in and keep dying.

Send me a PM with your steamID and I'll add you.

RIP LB RR PD

#33 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:30 AM

Salvador's really good if you spec and match your weapons properly. Definitely an "all-or-nothing" playstyle, though.

I wasn't implying that he was bad or anything I just don't like tank classes, I prefer sniper. I like to hang back and plug away at bad guys while stronger and more talented people go in and risk thier lives. I don't have Xbox Live but I have system link with the guy upstairs (I'm in a basement suite) and we co-op quite a bit.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#34 Masamune

Masamune

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

I wasn't implying that he was bad or anything I just don't like tank classes, I prefer sniper. I like to hang back and plug away at bad guys while stronger and more talented people go in and risk thier lives. I don't have Xbox Live but I have system link with the guy upstairs (I'm in a basement suite) and we co-op quite a bit.

It's cool, that's not how I interpreted it. I just figured since you haven't played him I'd make a text wall involving the things I like about the class. Like, Zer0 has probably the best skill trees of any character but I haven't played him yet because percision isn't my strong suit.

I'll second that. Not saying I'll be good or anything, but if you don't mind getting the "lv1chris is dying!" notification constantly then send me your steam id. I'm also pretty engrossed in my solo playthrough right now so I might not start a co-op right away. I'm partial to starting fresh for co-op. So if people are into that, awesome.

#35 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

It's cool, that's not how I interpreted it. I just figured since you haven't played him I'd make a text wall involving the things I like about the class. Like, Zer0 has probably the best skill trees of any character but I haven't played him yet because percision isn't my strong suit.

Ha ha, it's all good!

I'm only level 17 with Zer0 now so when I get a little further with him I'll post some more about him.

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 27 September 2012 - 03:06 PM.

#36 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:28 AM

I don't know about you guys, but in my opinion, Axton's special ability is far better than the others, with probably the siren's phase lock being second.

Once you get to level 27 and get the shield and the rockets for your turret, everything basically just gets melted in the face. The rockets are ridiculous.

Zer0's skill is good in theory but even when attacking from behind, you rarely can one shot enemies, and if you do, the skill doesn't chain properly so you end up sitting in the middle of a pile of enemies and you're dead in no time.

Edited by Jai604, 28 September 2012 - 09:29 AM.

RIP LB RR PD

#37 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:08 PM

I don't know about you guys, but in my opinion, Axton's special ability is far better than the others, with probably the siren's phase lock being second.

Once you get to level 27 and get the shield and the rockets for your turret, everything basically just gets melted in the face. The rockets are ridiculous.

Axton's "girlfriend" is a beast! That thing could single handedly win the game!

Zer0's skill is good in theory but even when attacking from behind, you rarely can one shot enemies, and if you do, the skill doesn't chain properly so you end up sitting in the middle of a pile of enemies and you're dead in no time.

How do you end up surrounded by bad guys? How close are you getting!? I keep my co-op partner (Axton) 100 to 200 meters in front of me and keep the baddies busy while I pluck away at them. Three of my gun slots are snipers and the forth is a revolver which I've yet to use any amount.

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 28 September 2012 - 12:10 PM.

#38 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

How do you end up surrounded by bad guys? How close are you getting!? I keep my co-op partner (Axton) 100 to 200 meters in front of me and keep the baddies busy while I pluck away at them. Three of my gun slots are snipers and the forth is a revolver which I've yet to use any amount.

I'm talking about melee.

Obviously if you're sniping then this wouldn't happen.

RIP LB RR PD

#39 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

I'm talking about melee.

Obviously if you're sniping then this wouldn't happen.

Well he is a sniper. When I play Zero I try and go solely sniper style, all points into the sniping skill tree, longbow grenades, the like. Obviously it's easier to do in co-op when you have muscle taking the flak for you.

I do have one point on killing blow because when the bad guys finally reach me (if they ever do) they have such little health and it isn't worth a sniper bullet or switching to my pistol.

The one thing I don't like about Zero is his dialog. It's like they took it from some crappy anime show or something. The only funny thing I've heard him say was while I was reviving my buddy he said something along the lines of: "let me revive you so we can kill things only faster" or something like that.

#40 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

I picked Gunzerker because everyone I see playing it on my friends list is either an Assasin or Siren. Not sure how much I like Gunzerker though.

Posted Image
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

#41 Masamune

Masamune

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

The one thing I don't like about Zero is his dialog. It's like they took it from some crappy anime show or something. The only funny thing I've heard him say was while I was reviving my buddy he said something along the lines of: "let me revive you so we can kill things only faster" or something like that.

That's what they went for
He speaks in haiku mostly
I don't really mind

#42 Masamune

Masamune

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

I picked Gunzerker because everyone I see playing it on my friends list is either an Assasin or Siren. Not sure how much I like Gunzerker though.

Yeah. The farther into the game I get, the more I realize there's no point in burning my bullets on enemies like Badass Nomads and PWR Loaders when I don't have teammates to shoot them in the back.

Verdict: Gunzerker is best served with a side of co-op. I think I'm gonna start a Commando... :unsure:

...also...how the H-E-double-hockey-sticks do you guys beat Badass Threshers? I've only ever killed three. Most of the time when I encounter one I go away until I'm overleveled and come back. Any tips?

#43 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

Well he is a sniper. When I play Zero I try and go solely sniper style, all points into the sniping skill tree, longbow grenades, the like. Obviously it's easier to do in co-op when you have muscle taking the flak for you.

I do have one point on killing blow because when the bad guys finally reach me (if they ever do) they have such little health and it isn't worth a sniper bullet or switching to my pistol.

I understand that's one way of playing him, but clearly, if you look at his skill tree, he can be a melee spec as well. It's just that his melee spec sucks, lol, which is what I was trying to say.

RIP LB RR PD

#44 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

I understand that's one way of playing him, but clearly, if you look at his skill tree, he can be a melee spec as well. It's just that his melee spec sucks, lol, which is what I was trying to say.

Yeah, it kinda does... Mordecai's melee skills where murderific. I had that lethal strike skill maxed out as soon as I could and it was just killgasm fest!

#45 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:03 AM

Yeah, it kinda does... Mordecai's melee skills where murderific. I had that lethal strike skill maxed out as soon as I could and it was just killgasm fest!

Yeah, zer0's melee spec is rather lacklustre. he plays best as a sniper way at the back in co-op, and I suppose sneaking in to revive teammates as well.

I still think the commando, at the moment, is best.

RIP LB RR PD

#46 Masamune

Masamune

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:22 AM

Something like this didn't work for you?

http://borderlands2....e/assassin.html
Posted Image

The level requirement from the bloodshed skills is 31. What classes do you play with in co-op?

#47 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

-edit-

I don't know what I did or how I did it but I didn't mean to...

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 29 September 2012 - 05:15 PM.

#48 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:15 AM

Started a new one as an Assasin. I'm liking it way better. Gunzerker isn't my thing I guess....got bored with him. I don't care much for using 2 weapons at once either.

Posted Image

#49 Masamune

Masamune

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:55 AM

Started a new one as an Assasin. I'm liking it way better. Gunzerker isn't my thing I guess....got bored with him. I don't care much for using 2 weapons at once either.

Yeah, that whole "hipfire only" deal isn't for everyone. It definitely taught me how to prioritize targets and play chicken a lot more effectively, though. I think if I put that into practice with a different class I will get good results. I've been messing around using a Siren lately and I find Phaselock ridiculously intuitive and easy to use to your advantage. My brother had a level 35 Siren that he respecced to team-oriented harmony skills for a while (before he accidentally deleted her...modding. :picard: let that be a lesson to everyone about what happens when you don't cherish what you already have), and I had a lot of fun using that. Res is unbelievably useful, not that I had expected any less.

#50 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,210 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

... So I think I just killed the Ninja Turtles...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#51 Masamune

Masamune

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

A pizza delivery gone horribly wrong... Also beyond that room you can trigger a boss-fight with "Flinter," though I haven't done it myself, if you flip four switches in some such location as would accommodate said switch-flipping.

There's also Rakkman, who dropped the first legendary I've seen since I got two Torgue Bonus Packages in my first three runs VS Boom-Bewm.

#52 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,751 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:42 PM

Lol I read about that on a website. They all have similar names to the Turtles and are the same colours.

Posted Image

#53 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

Anybody find one of these yet?

Posted Image

Edited by Jai604, 02 October 2012 - 11:07 PM.

RIP LB RR PD

#54 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,479 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:14 AM

damn that is a nice shield nope haven't come across one of those however only level 20 right now

#55 GabbyTheAwesome

GabbyTheAwesome

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

damn that is a nice shield nope haven't come across one of those however only level 20 right now

Not a shield, it amps the damage of a gun. Looks like you get them after ~50 levels.

#56 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

Not a shield, it amps the damage of a gun. Looks like you get them after ~50 levels.

What's with the shield capacity and recharge rate/delay rate then?

And isn't level 50 the cap?

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 03 October 2012 - 06:52 PM.

#57 Masamune

Masamune

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:01 AM

Amp is a shield characteristic.

#58 GabbyTheAwesome

GabbyTheAwesome

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:26 AM

What's with the shield capacity and recharge rate/delay rate then?

And isn't level 50 the cap?

My whole life is a lie.

#59 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:44 AM

My whole life is a lie.

No, just the cake.

RIP LB RR PD

#60 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:39 AM

No, just the cake.

WHAT!? The cake is a lie!? Noooooo!!!!!

My whole life is a lie.

Really? Me too!

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 04 October 2012 - 07:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.