The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Borderlands 2

DollarAndADream

Who else is massively stoked for the storyline DLC(s) that should be coming out? That part at the end of the game...

after you beat the Warrior/kill Jack, when the vault key projects a holographic map of the galaxy depicting six other vault locations. I really really really want to play Borderlands on other planets now!

...is really making me pumped.

Who else is massively stoked for the storyline DLC(s) that should be coming out? That part at the end of the game...

after you beat the Warrior/kill Jack, when the vault key projects a holographic map of the galaxy depicting six other vault locations. I really really really want to play Borderlands on other planets now!

...is really making me pumped.

Totally, haha. Great setup for furthering the story.

By the way, those of you on PC, have any of you guys managed to find some of the following items at level 50?

1) Neogenator

2) Shredifier

3) Nukem

Farmed the bosses than supposedly drop them, but no luck yet. Actually, I did get a Nukem on my level 20 Gunzerker (damn it) on his first encounter with the Black Queen, lol. :rolleyes:

Anyone else at level 50 yet, and interested in doing a 4-man co-op to kill Vermivorous? (on the PC)

My commando is level 50, currently with close to about 50k shields and near 100k hp with my current shield (trying to get a better one). Can solo Terramorph in under 10 seconds and getting bored soloing bosses.

I wish. My highest leveled character is a Zerker at 31 and playing solo is hell with that class. My Commando is at 24 right now.

Actually, I'm gonna hop on right now and see about respeccing into Brawn to see if that helps. Seems like nobody is enjoying this class and I'm hell bent on finding a way.

Edit: Upon further scientific examination, I have come to the sound conclusion that my Gunzerker's gear is garbage. It's around the level that I'm at that there seems to be drastic stat inflation. I'm using level 25 gear and it just isn't cutting it. I tried going out and searching for better equipment, but I just can't hold my own against enemies close to my level.

I started a zerker, and in my opinion, I think most of your points should be going into Brawn, at least early on. You can respec later when you hit level 50, I guess, but I've found that Brawn is really great so far.

i went 5 points into "Hard to Kill", then 5 points into "I'm the Juggernaut", and then 1 point into "Ain't Got Time to Bleed" before moving on to the Rampage tree.

What weapons are you using on your 'Zerker? I assume shotguns? "Filled to the Brim" is a must-have to increase your shotgun' clip size so you're not reloading as often. I got that next, and then "Last Longer". From there I'd probably get some "Yippee Ki Yay" and then finish off "Ain't Got Time to Bleed".

I dunno, he just seems like a tank to me, so I spec him that way. Lots of regen, and I use a slag SMG for my secondary weapon when I'm zerking so I can do double damage with my shotguns.

I have 2 shotguns (slot 1, the highest damage shotgun I can find, and slot 3, a situational elemental shotgun depending on the enemies), a slag SMG in slot 2, and a launcher in slot 4 in case I go down and need a second wind. I found using the Firehawk shield was lulz-worthy (constantly Fire nova'ing all over the place when my shields get depleted).

I'm only around level 20-something (I forget) so I can't really tell you my experience further.

Totally, haha. Great setup for furthering the story.

By the way, those of you on PC, have any of you guys managed to find some of the following items at level 50?

1) Neogenator

2) Shredifier

3) Nukem

dglmt.png

91Bjc.jpg

hQL76.jpg

I have everything except norfleet, legendary mods and blackhole shield. Will prbly farm the later when i have time tonight.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I'm currently level 26 on the story mission "The Man Who Would Be Jack" or whatever its called and all my equipment seems... dated I guess. I haven't gone back anywhere but I guess the old bosses don't level with you, any suggestions on who to farm for good stuff at this point in the game?

I'm currently level 26 on the story mission "The Man Who Would Be Jack" or whatever its called and all my equipment seems... dated I guess. I haven't gone back anywhere but I guess the old bosses don't level with you, any suggestions on who to farm for good stuff at this point in the game?

doing some side missions to loot weapon chests and catch up on level seems to be the best way.

dglmt.png

91Bjc.jpg

hQL76.jpg

I have everything except norfleet, legendary mods and blackhole shield. Will prbly farm the later when i have time tonight.

<_<

lol, nice versions of those, especially the Neo and the Shred.

How long did it take you farm those? Particularly the Neogenator and the Shredifier?

I know the Neo drops from Spycho (right?) but I've read conflicting reports as to where the Shredifier drops. Some say Bonehead 2.0 but others have deemed that to be a falsehood. Where did you find yours? I assume you wear a Vault Hunter's relic when you farm?

I keep finding stupid low-level rares on my Gunzerker that I don't even want, lol. First chubby I kill, a Whisky Tango Foxtrot drops. I do the Goliath quest in the Fridge, get the legendary shotgun. First Black Queen kill, she drops the Nukem (level 19, lawl). Also have the Pyrotaxis, the Firehawk shield.

Nothing ever drops for my level 50 Commando, lol. Finally got a Blood of Terramorphous, but I don't even need it.

Neogenator drops from spyco. Its an annoying ass long way to him. It took me about 30 runs to get it, which is roughly an hour, without the relic. Sherdifier is another story. I've farmed bonehead but he only drops bone shredder so don't waste your time on him. I personally found my shredifier from warrior, I've heard it drops from random badass encounters and can be found in chests too.

GOD-Liaths. What I've found is that if you get a Goliath up to maximum level, you get guaranteed purples. Chests rarely yield anything worthwhile in the first playthrough, although that's not to say you shouldn't bother with them.

I started a zerker, and in my opinion, I think most of your points should be going into Brawn, at least early on. You can respec later when you hit level 50, I guess, but I've found that Brawn is really great so far.

i went 5 points into "Hard to Kill", then 5 points into "I'm the Juggernaut", and then 1 point into "Ain't Got Time to Bleed" before moving on to the Rampage tree.

What weapons are you using on your 'Zerker? I assume shotguns? "Filled to the Brim" is a must-have to increase your shotgun' clip size so you're not reloading as often. I got that next, and then "Last Longer". From there I'd probably get some "Yippee Ki Yay" and then finish off "Ain't Got Time to Bleed".

I dunno, he just seems like a tank to me, so I spec him that way. Lots of regen, and I use a slag SMG for my secondary weapon when I'm zerking so I can do double damage with my shotguns.

I have 2 shotguns (slot 1, the highest damage shotgun I can find, and slot 3, a situational elemental shotgun depending on the enemies), a slag SMG in slot 2, and a launcher in slot 4 in case I go down and need a second wind. I found using the Firehawk shield was lulz-worthy (constantly Fire nova'ing all over the place when my shields get depleted).

I'm only around level 20-something (I forget) so I can't really tell you my experience further.

The good drops I got were elemental/slag SMGs back at level 20, so I rolled with that. I really really need to pick up some better hyperion shotguns. I haven't tried using launchers for second winds, although I thought about it. I guess it reflects on my playstyle and that Gunzerking isn't the best approach for me. I'm gonna get this guy to 50 eventually, but I'm gonna need to get weapons on a different character because I feel brutally underpowered right now.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Ok a stupid question now, what does completing optional objectives get you? More money, more exp, better reward items?

Side missions give you better understand the world of pandora, and give you the much needed exp if like me you rushed through the main story. Some missions give you loot that has red text (not orange). That's about it.

I believe he was talking about the extra optional objectives, not the side missions themselves. Like each mission has some objectives you have to do, and some you can choose to do.

And I'm playing the opposite way. I do every sidequest available before I move on with the main story. That's probably why I'm level 30, and still nowhere close to completing the game yet.

So should i buy this game? or wait until creed 3 comes out.. or even nba 2k13 i really liked 2k12

Since nobody replied to this yet: What do you like in a game? Did you play the original Borderlands?

Personally, I prefer this over AC3, although the atmosphere and aesthetic of the game intrigues me (especially due to my bits of First Nations ancestry).

Archived