The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Borderlands 2

DollarAndADream

Guest Gumballthechewy

I believe he was talking about the extra optional objectives, not the side missions themselves. Like each mission has some objectives you have to do, and some you can choose to do.

Yes, that's what ment and thanks to you and Masamune for the answers.

And I'm playing the opposite way. I do every sidequest available before I move on with the main story. That's probably why I'm level 30, and still nowhere close to completing the game yet.

That's what I do to. As soon as I get a new story mission usually it opens a bunch if new side missions which I immediately set out to do before I continue the story.

Yes, that's what ment and thanks to you and Masamune for the answers.

That's what I do to. As soon as I get a new story mission usually it opens a bunch if new side missions which I immediately set out to do before I continue the story.

I did the same, I completed every single possible side quest before completing the story on my first playthrough. I think I finished the story when I was like level 37, rofl.

Vault hunter relic? What is that and how do I get it?

Unobtainable unless you pre-ordered the game, or have since paid for the Mechromancer DLC.

The good drops I got were elemental/slag SMGs back at level 20, so I rolled with that. I really really need to pick up some better hyperion shotguns. I haven't tried using launchers for second winds, although I thought about it. I guess it reflects on my playstyle and that Gunzerking isn't the best approach for me. I'm gonna get this guy to 50 eventually, but I'm gonna need to get weapons on a different character because I feel brutally underpowered right now.

Hmm, I dunno what to tell you. The shotguns I roll with usually kill enemies in 1 or 2 shots. 1 shot if I hit the critical spots. Maybe you're not getting close enough?

When I play my Gunzerker I do a lot of running around and jumping and shotgunning people's faces. I find that if you attack from above, you are increasing your chance of hitting them in the head (if they are humanoid enemies). I zig-zag around trying to dodge bullets and then jump and try to shoot them in the face with my shotgun just as I'm coming down from the peak of my jump, lol. It's not overly scientific, but it's working.

yeah, I would recommend doing the "Clan Wars" side quest, and then siding with the Zafords. I got a ridiculously good SMG that both slags and electrocutes at the same time. So it wrecks shields, does shock damage over time, and slags, which allows me to basically 1-shot shotgun anything.

I was messing around in the Fridge yesterday with a level 25-Commando friend and found a legendary shotgun, so if you want my old shotgun you can have it. PM your gamertag, maybe we can play. I've played with g_bassi13 a few times already.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Unobtainable unless you pre-ordered the game, or have since paid for the Mechromancer DLC.

Mechromancer DLC? When did that come out? Geez, I hate not having Live...

So when I download this who do I have to dismember to get the relic, if you don't mind me asking.

Mechromancer DLC? When did that come out? Geez, I hate not having Live...

So when I download this who do I have to dismember to get the relic, if you don't mind me asking.

If you have the DLC, the relic will automatically pop up into your inventory.

Guest Gumballthechewy

^^^ Not yet, but next time I go to my buddy's house I'll take my Xbox with me.

Thanks for the info too by the way.

Word of warning regarding the Vault Hunter's Relic. You cannot them up once dropped. I'm not sure if they can be traded, as I haven't tried, but if you drop your relic you will not be able to retrieve it.

Cannot be picked up by anybody, and thus, cannot be traded.

They were specifically designed to do this, since people with the premium get a new vault hunter's relic each time a new character is made.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Ok, so I downloaded the premium club thingy and got the Mechromancer, the Vault Hunter Relic, some starting guns and a golden key. So every new character I start gets all these things too I guess (I started a new Mechromancer for fun and I think she got everything, I didn't check for the key)

So my question is: how does that chest in Sanctuary work? Does it respawn every time you quit and come back? And does the loot level to the guy who opens it or to the guy hosting the game like how other chests work?

Anyway here's my plan assuming the chest respawns and level to the host and every new charecter you make gets a key as well:

Get my friend to start a LAN game (don't have Live) he's level 50, me start a new guy with key join and open chest.

Would this work or does said chest level with the guy opening it?

The chest levels up with the player. And when the player with the key opens it, it gives loot at their level, not the level 50 guy. Basically you get one key whenever you create a new character, and when you use it, it's gone for that character.

You can open the chest as many times as you want, as long as you have multiple golden keys. Which you don't here. So in this case you'll only be getting that one opening.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Ah, ok, thanks a lot for the answer.

Hmmm, I wonder how long it would take a level 50 guy to level someone up...

Ah, ok, thanks a lot for the answer.

Hmmm, I wonder how long it would take a level 50 guy to level someone up...

Not long at all. There are videos on youtubve on how to do it. You could probably do it in a couple of hours or less. Are you on the PC? I could help

And yeah, the golden keys are pretty much worthless. You're better off just farming for legendary weapons, they will be better than the purples you get from the chest. I still have my golden keys and have never used them.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Are you on the PC? I could help

Thanks for the offer, I really appreciate it but no, I'm on Xbox.

You're better off just farming for legendary weapons

Yeah ok, any boss in particular you'd suggest? (Aside from Terramorphous the Invincible)

Not long at all. There are videos on youtubve on how to do it. You could probably do it in a couple of hours or less. Are you on the PC? I could help

And yeah, the golden keys are pretty much worthless. You're better off just farming for legendary weapons, they will be better than the purples you get from the chest. I still have my golden keys and have never used them.

Not sure how but i wound up with a recurring gold key for about a week. Kept saying i had a new key available after using it the previous time. So i kept opening the chest whenever i logged in, Only kept one thing for more than a day out of about 10 opens of the chest. It was a shield and not that great of one either, just the best i could find at the time.

So yes i agree that the gold chest is dumb.

You can kill flesh-stick (tiny tina mission) over and over again to level super fast. Its a known glitch, cheat, exploit, fun time, dont want to spend 50 hours leveling, dont care about story, only want to farm, have to be better than my friends, level is all that matters.....whatever you want to call it.

Guest Gumballthechewy

^^^ What's this about Flesh Stick?

Also I had this idea:

You get better loot from having more people playing right? Well I'm on Xbox and I play co-op system link with the guy in the upstairs suite and I can also piggy back a second player if I host a game (I think only the host can do it) so there can be an extra guy just being there to make the loot better. Plus as he's on a secondary profile once he's level 50 I can use him to help with my main profile characters.

Yes, loot improves with more people, but enemies also become more numerous and more difficult to kill, as well as doing more damage as well.

I don't know how strong your gear is, but if you're level 50 and fighting against level 50+ mobs, I'd think it might be a bit hard to piggy-back 2 people.

By the way, the new DLC quests have some fun stuff, and a lot of chests. Killed the Leviathan and one of the chests in the treasure room gave me my first legendary grenade mod on the first try.

As for your earlier questions about which bosses to farm, I would suggest farming the Warrior until you get your Conference Call. And then, Hunter Hellquist for your Bee shield. After you have those two items, killing and farming any other bosses becomes a walk in the park.

The Warrior and Hellquist are rather easy to farm, as well. Once you've got those two items you can start farming Terramorphous for your first orange class mod until you can find some friends to get together and farm Vermivorous for Legendary class mods (ex. Legendary Soldier).

Other bosses you may want to farm:

Frostburn Canyon:

Spycho (you have to finish Monster Mash pt. 3 from Dr. Zed) for ther Neogenator shield.

Right before Spycho, on the way there you can farm Scorch also, for a really nice fire SMG.

BNK3R for the Sham shield, heads, and the Corporate Bitch SMG ( a great corrosive SMG)

Behind Ellie's, behind the house.

Black Queen for the Nukem rocket launcher

Which class do you play again?

Guest Gumballthechewy

Wow! Thanks for all the info Jai604 and the maps too! This is gonna help a ton! I can't thank you enough!

I play mostly as assassin but I play the four other occasionally as well. I'm loving the Buffalo gun, that things slays!

With the three way (ha ha) I play co-op with my neighbour in the suite upstairs and me and him are the same level (just hit 35 tonight) and so is the extra guy but mostly he just stands there but sometimes my girlfriend grabs the controller and farts around with him by moslty it's just two of us.

Archived