The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 13 Trading Help

TACIC

Personally I would say that's overpayment depending on what you're trying to achieve with your team in the season and depends on how many years your league is.

Would have kept Duchene and both picks personally. Definitely feels like you could have got more.

My Luongo trade with Florida -- I wanted a 1st, a slam-dunk, sure-thing forward prospect (4 or 4.5 star potential... couldn't find Bjugstad in the game, so aimed for Huberdeau), and a backup goalie. Only tried trading with Florida because I thought it'd be more true to life that way.

I tried many different combinations and took quite a while to find the right trade. For whatever reason Florida wasn't really interested in Luongo, so I had to make it worth their while. I had a couple trades go through that I didn't like, so went back and reloaded a previous save and went at 'er again.

Was happy with this:

To Florida:

Luongo

Rodin

Honzik (some goalie I'll never use, not enough potential anyways)

2nd round pick, 2013

2nd round pick, 2014

To Vancouver:

Huberdeau

Theodore

1st Round Pick, 2013

Tried the same deal with only one 2nd rnd pick or with both picks and taking away Honzik and they said no. I feel like I overpaid, but Florida wouldn't take less. Rodin is fine to deal as Jensen and Gaunce should be better players in the long run. Huberdeau has 4.5-star potential and should be a monster in a couple years if I play him. Thoughts?

Looking to eventually trade Raymond, perhaps Ballard, and other prospects (Schroeder and Connaughton maybe) to add a bigger 3rd line forward (more PF or TWF) and maybe more 1sts or better prospects. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions or trades they've already completed that work well? Looking to win the cup in the first season and then concentrate on a minor rebuild in following seasons to establish a more major dynasty type team.

• 1 month later...

Archived