The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 13 Trading Help

TACIC

Well, I'm sure he's figured it out by now since it's been out for 2 months.

Assuming he hasn't, the basics of the GM Brain trading logic are:

Team expectations - Teams designate themselves as one of 4 types of teams:Champion (One of the top teams in the league), Contender (Likely to make the playoffs, but not as strong), Hopeful (Bubble team), and Rebuilder (A team not expected to make the playoffs). This is based on their team makeup now and for the next 3 seasons. Teams like the New York Rangers and Vancouver Canucks will be classified as Champion teams, as they're very strong and have an excellent chance of capturing the cup. The 3 seasons thing is key as the brain may project that a Rebuilder will become a Contender or Champion in the next 3 seasons, so it may be difficult to strike a deal with those teams at all. I'm not a big trading guy (I'm a develop-from-within guy), so I haven't really tested this aspect too much. Edmonton would likely be or become a Rebuilder w/ Champion aspirations, I would imagine.

Champion and Contender teams are unlikely to trade away core assets, but are generally willing to give up picks/prospects for players that will help them now.

Hopeful and Rebuilder teams are unlikely to trade away picks/prospects, but are generally willing to give up veterans for picks/prospects.

Roster Management - The GM Brain takes into account things such as age, # of players of the same position on the team, skill level, player role, and cap hit. So if a team has a substantial number of right wingers, but are lacking left wingers, swapping one of your LWs for one of their RWs of similar trade value is more likely than if you offer them a player at a position that they're already strong in.

Once the brain takes this into account, it then compiles its trade block.

So, for example, if a team is a Hopeful with a 2nd line center currently filling the 3rd line center spot on the team but has a 3rd line scoring winger player right wing, the brain will put the 2nd line center on the block and a 2nd line right winger as one of the team needs.

It's actually a pretty well-designed logic system, at least on paper. As we all know, it has some flaws in the logic (KOPITARZ ON WAIV0RZ!!!), but it's substantially better logic than NHL 12 and past games.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Vancouver - Anahiem

Rodin 3rd for Selanne 3rd

Vancouver - Carolina

Schneider 2nd for Jordan Staal 1st

Vancouver - Montreal

Kesler 3rd 2nd for PK Subban 1st

Vancouver - NYR

Kassian for Del Zotto

Vancouver - Ottawa

Malholtra Polasek Sauve for Turris

Vancouver - Winnepeg

Tanev 3rd for Burmistrov

Vancouver - Calgary

Lapierre 1st for Jarome Iginla

Vancouver - Ottawa

Garrison 2nd for Alfredsson

Vancouver - Tampa Bay

Sauve Ballard Mallet for St.Louis

Vancouver Canucks Line-up 2012-2013

D.Sedin (90) - H.Sedin (91) - J.Iginla (87)

D.Alfredsson (85) - J.Staal (85) - M.St Louis (87)

A.Burrows (83) - K.Turris (81) - D.Booth (84)

T.Selanne (82) - A.Burmistrov (79) - C.Higgins (82)

A.Edler (88) - D.Hamhuis (88)

K.Bieksa (84) - PK.Subban (84)

M.Del Zotto (83) - C.Barker (82)

Luongo (89)

Leclaire(80)

Scratches : A.Alberts (73), M.Raymond (82), J.Hansen (80)

Thinking of trying to acquire one of Benn,Huberdeau or Landeskog

Vancouver - Anahiem

Rodin 3rd for Selanne 3rd

Vancouver - Carolina

Schneider 2nd for Jordan Staal 1st

Vancouver - Montreal

Kesler 3rd 2nd for PK Subban 1st

Vancouver - NYR

Kassian for Del Zotto

Vancouver - Ottawa

Malholtra Polasek Sauve for Turris

Vancouver - Winnepeg

Tanev 3rd for Burmistrov

Vancouver - Calgary

Lapierre 1st for Jarome Iginla

Vancouver - Ottawa

Garrison 2nd for Alfredsson

Sedin - Sedin - Iginla

Alfredsson - Staal - Booth

Burrows - Turris - Selanne

Hansen - Burmistrov - Higgins

Edler - Hamhuis

Bieksa - Subban

Del Zotto - Barker

Luongo

Leclaire

Scratches : Alberts, Raymond

Guest Gumballthechewy

That's a seriously stacked line up Rinne!

Personally I'd do pretty much the same only I'd keep Kesler and Schneider, or trade Kes for Staal maybe.

You could also get St. Louis for Booth or Ballard + Picks. Could you imagine a second line of:

Alfredsson - Staal/Kesler - St. Louis

Not sure where that would put the cap hit though, but if you gave Tampa Bay Booth and Ballard, if the cap can handle all the above, it should balance out St. Louis' hit.

Personally I'd do pretty much the same only I'd keep Kesler and Schneider, or trade Kes for Staal maybe.

You could also get St. Louis for Booth or Ballard + Picks. Could you imagine a second line of:

Not sure where that would put the cap hit though, but if you gave Tampa Bay Booth and Ballard, if the cap can handle all the above, it should balance out St. Louis' hit.

Guest Gumballthechewy

CS just wasn't as clutch as Lou in the first 10 games where I did a 5-5 split and CS lost 4/5 on Pro, Lou went 5/5

Guest Gumballthechewy

Vancouver Canucks Line-up 2012-2013

D.Sedin (90) - H.Sedin (91) - J.Iginla (87)

D.Alfredsson (85) - J.Staal (85) - M.St Louis (87)

A.Burrows (83) - K.Turris (81) - D.Booth (84)

T.Selanne (82) - A.Burmistrov (79) - C.Higgins (82)

A.Edler (88) - D.Hamhuis (88)

K.Bieksa (84) - PK.Subban (84)

M.Del Zotto (83) - C.Barker (82)

Luongo (89)

Leclaire(80)

Scratches : A.Alberts (73), M.Raymond (82), J.Hansen (80)

Archived