The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dirtiest hitter in the NHL

uber_pwnzor

The game has changed soo much in the last 10-15 years its crazy. Scott Stevens(one of my all time favorites) would have 'WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE' posters put up all over North America for the legendary hits he layed on people, literally ending productive careers. Raffi Torres would be a player EVERY team would have wanted on their roster during that period. It's hard to change the thing that keeps you in the line-up night in and night out and for Torres it was his aggressiveness. Im not saying the way Torres plays is acceptable because its obviously not but man oh man, the times sure have changed.

lol I knew someone would make a response thread to mine

Agreed that MarshRat (nuff said) and the Looch (running Miller :picard:), Torres and Tootoo belong on that list. If I could expand to cheapest player, I'd say Chara because he wants to use his size to intimidate and give his opponent a late shove for no reason really or jumps in to instigate fights, and he often does but he's not brave enough to answer the bell when a legit fighter challenges him. He either just "wrestles him down!" as John? Edwards the Bruins commentator describes it or he doesn't accept the fight. If you really were that tough you would not try to intimidate but not defend your actions.

Oh, and who could forget his hit on Patches (Max Pacioretty)? :picard: Surprised he didn't get hit... with a lawsuit.

Torres is not as bad as Macrhand. If suspensions were called properly, Marchand would have gotten the 25 games instead of Torres.

And although Keith isn't a "dirty hitter", he still has the honour of having one of the most disgusting hits I've ever seen.

Archived