The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL player that you lost respect for

Mayray2112

NHL player/coach/Management that has lost your respect because of an action or comment that they made.

Mine would be Eric Lindros for refusing to play for the Quebec Nordiques. Most recently would be kesler diving all over the place

forgot about thornton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9R7ZEWEJdE

probably the classless Captain in the NHL

It'd take me awhile to come up with a concise list, but off the top of my head

Shea Weber-For his sweet wrestling moves

Sidney Crosby- For living up to his nickname of 'Sid the Kid"

Mark Recchi-For being an arrogant, insufferable A-hole who can't contain is verbal diarrhea.

Also, I still respect Kesler. I don't think he dives that much more than any other player. He's just really bad at it. I can respect him for his competitiveness.

It'd take me awhile to come up with a concise list, but off the top of my head

Shea Weber-For his sweet wrestling moves

Sidney Crosby- For living up to his nickname of 'Sid the Kid"

Mark Recchi-For being an arrogant, insufferable A-hole who can't contain is verbal diarrhea.

Also, I still respect Kesler. I don't think he dives that much more than any other player. He's just really bad at it. I can respect him for his competitiveness.

Never have liked Thorton all that much. Hated Wayne Cashman when he played for the Bruins. Marchand is nothing more than what the Canucks let him be.

The guy that really dropped in my opinion last year was Duncan Keith. If he had simply admitted that he got carried away with the play I might not feel that way. His BSing about a cheap shot like that really was low.

Hockey related personality is Ron MacLean. What he did to Alex Burrows was so low that he should have been canned. How anyone could take advantage of the media to do a national smear job on a player who had no means of defending himself was more than low. I honestly think his half hearted apology was probably ordered by CBC brass. It made no difference as the damage was done and almost a whole year had gone by. If it wasn't deliberate why did he repeat further acqusations towards Burrows later in that same season? Hockey players can get carried away on the ice and do some pretty stupid things. MacLean's smear job was very calculated.

Recchi and Thornton for sure. I lost a bit for Shea Weber because of his head smash in the playoffs.

I never really like Duncan Keith simply because he's a Blackhawk, but after his elbow on Daniel, I lost all respect for him.

Drew Doughty used to be one of my favourite defensemen not on the Canucks before this year's playoffs. His whining and diving made me lose my respect for him as well.

Archived