The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL player that you lost respect for

Mayray2112

Joe Thornton

Brad Marchand

Matt Cooke - same reasons as everyone else

Todd Bertuzzi - not for what he did, Moore kind of deserved it, but the incredibly bad timing that was the Canucks year

I can't say Duncan Keith or Shea Weber - ex rockets and hard nosed, do anything to win dmen you need that. But they both did cross the line this year and each deserved more discipline then they got

Has to be Mark Messier, for me.

I was so excited and happy when he signed here. Unfortunately his play and his relationship with Keenan did more harm than good. Huge disappointment that nearly killed the franchise.

His play before coming to VanCity, especially as an Oiler, is legendary and cannot be taken away. He is a top 10, arguably a top 5 all-time player. His disinterested, unemotional, non-physical play as a Canuck was bogus.

Edit: In 1999-00, Messier was the Canuck's MVP! How? 54 points in 66 games... -15? I think maybe the club gave him the award to lure him back?

Dr, Reechi after he started calling out playes for embellishing injuries and completely overlooked his teammate Horton miraculously recovering after a few days.

Horton for calling out Rome for not giving him a phone call to apologize when his teammate Boychuck only sent a text after almost paralyzing Raymond.

Marchand for treating Daniel as his punching bag and low bridging Salo

Last, Kesler. His dives are ridiculous, obvious and downright embarrassing to our franchise. Sure, other players dive as well, but that does not mean Kesler has to do the same and it is resulting in a bad reputation for the Canucks around the league

Well the most obvious one that's already been stated 20 + times already, Duncan Keith. BC boy, played a smart game and has a great skating style.

Even though he played for the Blackhawks I was happy when he won the Cup. Let's face it, he deserved it.

After that incident with Danny, all my respect vanished. It was beyond cheap and purely an attempt to injure. Made my blood boil.

The one that hasn't been mentioned is Ryan Getzlaff. The hit behind the net that concussed Hamhuis a few years back, really bothered me. He lunged into him and made sure he inflicted the most damage he could. Mean nothing game and no call on the play, added to my respect lost.

You stupid CAnuck fans, should be aware that, it's because Kesler plays for the Canucks that earned him this reputation right? If Kesler wasn't a Canuck they wouldn't be talking about this. At least step up for players on your own organization. honestly, Dustin Brown is a much worst diver, yet he has a green card, and gets away with it, b.s! I can't believe you guys are Canucks fans, sometimes, honestly.

You stupid CAnuck fans, should be aware that, it's because Kesler plays for the Canucks that earned him this reputation right? If Kesler wasn't a Canuck they wouldn't be talking about this. At least step up for players on your own organization. honestly, Dustin Brown is a much worst diver, yet he has a green card, and gets away with it, b.s! I can't believe you guys are Canucks fans, sometimes, honestly.

Dr, Reechi after he started calling out playes for embellishing injuries and completely overlooked his teammate Horton miraculously recovering after a few days.

Horton for calling out Rome for not giving him a phone call to apologize when his teammate Boychuck only sent a text after almost paralyzing Raymond.

Marchand for treating Daniel as his punching bag and low bridging Salo

Last, Kesler. His dives are ridiculous, obvious and downright embarrassing to our franchise. Sure, other players dive as well, but that does not mean Kesler has to do the same and it is resulting in a bad reputation for the Canucks around the league

Archived