The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL player that you lost respect for

Mayray2112

To all those saying Canucks fans themselves shouldn't be losing respect for a Canucks player is just odd.. In the L.A. series for example, I always had a ton of respect for Henrik, but when he stood up for his brother and b*tch-slapped Brown, I gained even more respect for him. In contrast, when Kesler was injured and all he did instead was flop all over the ice, I lost some respect for him.

Yeah we see Doughty, Brown and (insert any other high-profiled player here) dive all the time, but as a Canuck fan I hold higher standards for our players. After the 2011 run, Kesler had garnered so much respect around the Canucks fanbase and even some around the league. (Seriously there was no sadder moment than seeing Kesler crying and breaking down in an interview). I wore my Kesler jersey in pride, and I still do (if there was an occasion to wear). It was just the fact that he was making it completely obvious and was prying for any calls we could get (yeah the reffing was atrocious but the diving made it worse)..

This happens with players in every team, but now that he was on that acclaimed diving list, the Canucks are sure going to have an even more difficult time with the refs. Kesler just added some very not needed attention to the hatred the league has on this Canucks team. He's certainly not the worst diver out there, but now with the uncertainty of the season starting, that's all we have left to remember him by for now. He's still one of my favourite players on the team, and when he focuses on his game he's the most determined and successful guys out there.

(Everyone else I lost respect for has been mentioned, they have just lost my respect so much I don't feel like mentioning their names)

People don't even have a good reason for hating Crosby. 'Oh, he complains too much!' Do you also hate on half the league? :rolleyes: Most players complain DO complain; bad called, missed call, so on. Not to mention Crosby has been getting beat up during the play and after the whistle since his Rimouski days because he's always been the best player. If you can't beat him on the score sheet, try and beat him by playing cheap. If anyone has the right to complain, it's him.

Tim Thomas: he seemed like one of the nicer guys on the Bruins in 2011, didn't bash the Canucks during interviews, and so on. But then he started acting like an a-hole with all the homophobic and right-wing crap.

Lost all my respect.

Tim Thomas is probably the only Boston player that I dont mind personally.

His views and opinions are just that, we are all entitled to them. If he were a left-wing and was all about gay marriage would you consider him less of an a-hole?

There are players I hate, but I never respected them in the first place.

However here's 5 players whom I've lost respect for:

1.Tim Thomas- He was really the only Bruin who I didn't mind until he made some disrespectful comments on twitter and taking a entire year off because he needs a 'break'. Honestly, what a prick! Can't believe I respected him at all.

2. Drew Doughty- I thought he was a humble, great kid in the world jrs and on Team Canada in the Olympics. But after watching him these last 2 years, this guy has turned out to be nothing but a classless, whining d-bag.

3. Mark Recchi- I liked him because he was a BC boy, but after calling Pacioretty out for "embellishment" and calling the Canucks "the most arrogant team" after they won... Jeez, this guy is a tool. BC sure doesn't like you anymore, Dr. Mark.

4. Duncan Keith- I thought he was a good respectable player, and I was happy for him when they won the cup. But after what he did to Daniel-- Blatant flying elbow to the head with intent to injure.... yep, just another typical Hawk now.

5. Jonathon Toews- I was a big fan of his in the World Jrs. And in his early stages of his Blackhawk career, but then after hanging around '20cent' Kane, he turned into a whiney, arrogant, classless jerk. "expose the Canucks for what they really are..." Give me a break... go eff yourself.

Honorable mention goes to- Joe Thornton, Milan Lucic, Shea Weber.

Players I've always hated and will never respect ---> Dave Bolland, Chris Pronger, Brad Marchand, and Sean Avery.

There are players I hate, but I never respected them in the first place.

However here's 5 players whom I've lost respect for:

1.Tim Thomas- He was really the only Bruin who I didn't mind until he made some disrespectful comments on twitter and taking a entire year off because he needs a 'break'. Honestly, what a prick! Can't believe I respected him at all.

2. Drew Doughty- I thought he was a humble, great kid in the world jrs and on Team Canada in the Olympics. But after watching him these last 2 years, this guy has turned out to be nothing but a classless, whining d-bag.

3. Mark Recchi- I liked him because he was a BC boy, but after calling Pacioretty out for "embellishment" and calling the Canucks "the most arrogant team" after they won... Jeez, this guy is a tool. BC sure doesn't like you anymore, Dr. Mark.

4. Duncan Keith- I thought he was a good respectable player, and I was happy for him when they won the cup. But after what he did to Henrik-- Blatant flying elbow to the head with intent to injure.... yep, just another typical Hawk now.

5. Jonathon Toews- I was a big fan of his in the World Jrs. And in his early stages of his Blackhawk career, but then after hanging around '20cent' Kane, he turned into a whiney, arrogant, classless jerk. "expose the Canucks for what they really are..." Give me a break... go eff yourself.

Honorable mention goes to- Joe Thornton, Milan Lucic, Shea Weber.

Players I've always hated and will never respect ---> Dave Bolland, Chris Pronger, Brad Marchand, and Sean Avery.

i mostly lose respect for players who don't abide by the code, Marchand, or show poor sportmanship, or who are poor winners: all of Boston, but especially Thomas.

However, those are minor, territorial based feelings.

I used to think Keith was great, even after our battles with Chicago. But after that elbow to Danny...no respect. The guy's a douche!

Archived