Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

NHL player that you lost respect for

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
102 replies to this topic

#91 Blame Obama

Blame Obama

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

justin shultz

10f3wcl.jpg

sig made by: -Vintage Canuck-

#92 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

justin shultz

:mellow:

/=S=/

#93 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

Tim Thomas: he seemed like one of the nicer guys on the Bruins in 2011, didn't bash the Canucks during interviews, and so on. But then he started acting like an a-hole with all the homophobic and right-wing crap.

Lost all my respect.

Tim Thomas is probably the only Boston player that I dont mind personally.
His views and opinions are just that, we are all entitled to them. If he were a left-wing and was all about gay marriage would you consider him less of an a-hole?

#94 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

His views and opinions are just that, we are all entitled to them. If he were a left-wing and was all about gay marriage would you consider him less of an a-hole?

Yes I would.

#95 Bitter Melon

Bitter Melon

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:00 PM

It's not about his views. It's about how he thinks he's the centre of the universe. 'Oh I don't like Obama, so I'm not going to a team function because it's all about me.' That'll get Obama to reconsider his policies, because Tim Thomas not going to the White House will stir the hearts and minds of the American people. How many players do you think wanted to go to the White House and hang out with Bush? Not many, especially not many Canadians. But they went because they're part of a team, and you support your team.

And he needs to take the next season off because he needs a break? He's going to hold his team hostage so he can lay around his house.

The man reeks of arrogance and selfishness.

Edited by CAPSLOCK, 30 September 2012 - 11:01 PM.

BO KNOWS

#96 Believe-in-blue23

Believe-in-blue23

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

There are players I hate, but I never respected them in the first place.

However here's 5 players whom I've lost respect for:
1.Tim Thomas- He was really the only Bruin who I didn't mind until he made some disrespectful comments on twitter and taking a entire year off because he needs a 'break'. Honestly, what a prick! Can't believe I respected him at all.

2. Drew Doughty- I thought he was a humble, great kid in the world jrs and on Team Canada in the Olympics. But after watching him these last 2 years, this guy has turned out to be nothing but a classless, whining d-bag.

3. Mark Recchi- I liked him because he was a BC boy, but after calling Pacioretty out for "embellishment" and calling the Canucks "the most arrogant team" after they won... Jeez, this guy is a tool. BC sure doesn't like you anymore, Dr. Mark.

4. Duncan Keith- I thought he was a good respectable player, and I was happy for him when they won the cup. But after what he did to Daniel-- Blatant flying elbow to the head with intent to injure.... yep, just another typical Hawk now.

5. Jonathon Toews- I was a big fan of his in the World Jrs. And in his early stages of his Blackhawk career, but then after hanging around '20cent' Kane, he turned into a whiney, arrogant, classless jerk. "expose the Canucks for what they really are..." Give me a break... go eff yourself.

Honorable mention goes to- Joe Thornton, Milan Lucic, Shea Weber.

Players I've always hated and will never respect ---> Dave Bolland, Chris Pronger, Brad Marchand, and Sean Avery.

Edited by Believe-in-blue23, 30 September 2012 - 11:53 PM.

Go Canucks Go!

#97 Mayray2112

Mayray2112

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:51 PM

There are players I hate, but I never respected them in the first place.

However here's 5 players whom I've lost respect for:
1.Tim Thomas- He was really the only Bruin who I didn't mind until he made some disrespectful comments on twitter and taking a entire year off because he needs a 'break'. Honestly, what a prick! Can't believe I respected him at all.

2. Drew Doughty- I thought he was a humble, great kid in the world jrs and on Team Canada in the Olympics. But after watching him these last 2 years, this guy has turned out to be nothing but a classless, whining d-bag.

3. Mark Recchi- I liked him because he was a BC boy, but after calling Pacioretty out for "embellishment" and calling the Canucks "the most arrogant team" after they won... Jeez, this guy is a tool. BC sure doesn't like you anymore, Dr. Mark.

4. Duncan Keith- I thought he was a good respectable player, and I was happy for him when they won the cup. But after what he did to Henrik-- Blatant flying elbow to the head with intent to injure.... yep, just another typical Hawk now.

5. Jonathon Toews- I was a big fan of his in the World Jrs. And in his early stages of his Blackhawk career, but then after hanging around '20cent' Kane, he turned into a whiney, arrogant, classless jerk. "expose the Canucks for what they really are..." Give me a break... go eff yourself.

Honorable mention goes to- Joe Thornton, Milan Lucic, Shea Weber.

Players I've always hated and will never respect ---> Dave Bolland, Chris Pronger, Brad Marchand, and Sean Avery.

You mean what Duncan Keith did to Daniel

#98 Believe-in-blue23

Believe-in-blue23

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:54 PM

You mean what Duncan Keith did to Daniel

Hee hee whoops. Fixed.

Go Canucks Go!

#99 Li'l Fra

Li'l Fra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

i mostly lose respect for players who don't abide by the code, Marchand, or show poor sportmanship, or who are poor winners: all of Boston, but especially Thomas.

However, those are minor, territorial based feelings.

I used to think Keith was great, even after our battles with Chicago. But after that elbow to Danny...no respect. The guy's a douche!

#100 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,363 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

Brad Marchand and Joe Thornton, never respected either of them.

#101 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

Patrick Kane
Brad Marchand
Brent Seabrook
Dave Bolland

Those are just the players that I could think of off the top of my head.

R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
rsz_sam_reinhart.jpg

medium.pngColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#102 biznasty

biznasty

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/roster.htm
Posted Image

#103 howes30

howes30

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

Brad Marchand
Duncan Keith
Shea Weber
Patrick Kane
Dustin Brown

Pretty much all Chicago or Boston players haha

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.