The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Morality vs Pragmatism

Canuckerbird

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Scenario 1: That really depends. Am I only limited to people for the loved one? I love my one cat a million times more than my other cat, friends and family combined. If it's a choice between him and 1000 people he would win every time. If it was a choice between him and everyone and everything else I love he would still win and it wouldn't even be close. If I really am limited to a person then I would have to seriously consider saving the 1000 instead.

Scenario 2: I would have to take out Roger's Arena to save Tokyo.

DAN: We were supposed to make the world a better place.

ADRIAN:

Dan, that's exactly what I am doing.

DAN:

Nuclear war?

Human extinction?

ADRIAN: Of course, my moral safeguards gave me pause at the necessary sacrifice.

A few key regions around the globe:

New York, Los Angeles, Moscow, Hong Kong... disintegrated in an instant.

Fifteen million people killed by Dr. Manhattan himself. The world's punishment for flirting with World War III.

DAN: Jon wouldn't do that.

ADRIAN: A fact no one outside this room ever has to know. The energy breakthrough I was working on just came to fruition. All these years, Jon was helping me replicate his power unaware of how I planned to use it.

You see... the Comedian was right. Humanity's savage nature will inevitably lead to global annihilation. So in order to save this planet...I had to trick it with the greatest practical joke in human history.

DAN: Killing millions.

ADRIAN:- To save billions. A necessary crime.

Can you clarify what you mean by "1000 strangers".

1) Will these strangers that could be killed all be in the same area? Or would they be scattered around the world.

2) By stranger, you mean that these will NOT be random people, but COMPLETE strangers. Just wanted to clarify because if it was random people (which is not what you said) then it could easily end up being your own family members, friends, or other loved ones.

3) Will these strangers be in any way related to you? (Eg. Friends friend) Or will their deaths not really have any effects on your life because you don't know them and no one around you will be mourning for these deaths?

Because I find it pointless to save your loved one, if other people you love will end up dying.

Scenario 1: That really depends. Am I only limited to people for the loved one? I love my one cat a million times more than my other cat, friends and family combined. If it's a choice between him and 1000 people he would win every time. If it was a choice between him and everyone and everything else I love he would still win and it wouldn't even be close. If I really am limited to a person then I would have to seriously consider saving the 1000 instead.

Scenario 2: I would have to take out Roger's Arena to save Tokyo.

Archived