15 replies to this topic

#1 R0tes

R0tes

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

When im playing any online game on xbox(eg. NHL,cod) I really start to lag when my sister starts using skype, Ive tryed powerline and it does not seem to help. From what Ive looked, the only way around this is a straight ethernet cable from my xbox to my router. Is there any other way other then that to stop this horrible lag?

Thanks

#2 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:36 PM

Your name is familiar >_>

Edit: Maybe see if your router can prioritize the 360. Some higher end ones can do that

Edited by CanuckianOne, 23 September 2012 - 08:36 PM.

g3HKFnX.png

#3 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:32 PM

Welcome to CDC. Anyways, go to speedtest.net and post results here and I'll be able to tell more. thanks.

#4 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:40 PM

Buy a (better) router or get an adapter.

* Usually the case

gallery_47851_23_84084.png

medium.png - CDCGML 483288048.png - EHL medium.png - STHS medium.png - CDCFL

#5 R0tes

R0tes

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

Ping 21
Download speed 21.03
Upload 0.49

I have also tried the Qos just now to try and prioritize my xbox here is what I did.

Traffic Shaping: Yes
Automatic uplink speed: Yes
Measured Uplink speed: Not estimated
Manual Uplink speed: 128kbps

Enable QOS Engine: Yes
Automatic Classification: No
Dyanmic Fragmentation:Yes

I then put my xbox first priority and and filled in local ip range with my xbox ip 192.168.0.101. Protocol 256 any.
then i put my sisters computer to priority 8 and filled in local ip range to 192.168.0.105 protocol 265 any.

My router is DIR-825( new router, just purchased)

Edited by R0tes, 23 September 2012 - 09:50 PM.

#6 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

It's your upload speed. QoS should work, but I dunno how to fix it for Xbox. You could just throttle your sisters internet connection to her computer.

But yeah, your upload is pretty bad. Skype rapes your upload as its transmitting all of your sisters voice to wherever, and you also need it really badly for relying your position in fps or w/e game you're playing on the Xbox. So... yeah.. your upload sucks. sorry mate

#7 R0tes

R0tes

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

It's your upload speed. QoS should work, but I dunno how to fix it for Xbox. You could just throttle your sisters internet connection to her computer.

But yeah, your upload is pretty bad. Skype rapes your upload as its transmitting all of your sisters voice to wherever, and you also need it really badly for relying your position in fps or w/e game you're playing on the Xbox. So... yeah.. your upload sucks. sorry mate

any way to fix this?

#8 lx Birdie xl

lx Birdie xl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

I love my 2wire router that comes with my provider. I can restrict what time during the day a computer can access certain types of programs.. Or just restrict the certain programs period with no time restrictions during the day. My exs neice lived next door and would sit on youtube all day on her ipad.. lol.. lets just say that didnt last long

#9 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:59 PM

any way to fix this?

yeah gotta call your internet service provider. If i may ask, where do you live and what company do you use? because below 0.5 is really bad.. but your download is good. so i'm guessing you're either getting ripped off or something is wrong with the cable from the company to your house.

#10 R0tes

R0tes

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

yeah gotta call your internet service provider. If i may ask, where do you live and what company do you use? because below 0.5 is really bad.. but your download is good. so i'm guessing you're either getting ripped off or something is wrong with the cable from the company to your house.

Coquitlam, just outside Vancouver, telus

#11 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:03 PM

Your upload speed is horrendous.

Try moving your router around the house, some locations are better than others. Try to keep it clear from objects and have no shelfs on top of it.

EDIT: How many TV's do you have? Are they on while you play Xbox and your sister is on Skype?

Edited by The Phaneuf Train, 23 September 2012 - 10:04 PM.

gallery_47851_23_84084.png

medium.png - CDCGML 483288048.png - EHL medium.png - STHS medium.png - CDCFL

#12 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:10 PM

yeah.. well that's telus for you man. my friends have the same upload issues using telus (not sure if its just telus, or your area, or if your router settings are different, or if the telus guy installed a wrong connector that throttles your speeds..could be like a 100 things)

#13 R0tes

R0tes

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:11 PM

Your upload speed is horrendous.

Try moving your router around the house, some locations are better than others. Try to keep it clear from objects and have no shelfs on top of it.

EDIT: How many TV's do you have? Are they on while you play Xbox and your sister is on Skype?

Cant move router. Connected to main PC.3 TV's TV is on for xbox, and at least 1 more usually.

Edited by R0tes, 23 September 2012 - 10:13 PM.

#14 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,998 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:56 AM

If you can switch to shaw. I left telus for them. Second highest package runs beautifully. I run everything over wireless and can download torrents play ps and use our phones and laptop at the same time. I found that I couldn't using the highest residential tier with telus.
Posted Image

#15 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:08 AM

It could be your router as well...I just got rid of my DIR-825 because when my family was on the computer I couldn't use my 360 at all really. My new router has fixed this problem. My DL speed and Upload speed is about the same as yours. We have brutal upload speed, but you still should be alright to be XBL fairly smooth.

g3HKFnX.png

#16 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

Your name is familiar >_>

Edit: Maybe see if your router can prioritize the 360. Some higher end ones can do that

I'm pretty sure R0tes is the guy on Johnny Superbmans EASHL team, 2BCProductions

+1 this post!

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables :wub: :wub: :wub:

Formerly known as UMADBRO?

Luongo Supporter. Does not deserve any of this BS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.