Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canucksbiggestfan

Good Scary Movies

I've seen the hunger games, but what on earth are you talking about? There's no such scene.

Hunger games as a horror movie suggestion, lol.

I was thinking the same thing.

I'm guessing that he's referring to the scene where the "dog" jumps out of the bushes at the two heroes...

In answer to the OP, The Exorcist, The Changeling and the Evil Dead for older titles. Another one that I really liked was 13 Ghosts.

The Descent

High Tension

Cube, and Event Horizon (sci-fi horror)

Misery

but I mostly used to watch the "classics", like

Nightmare on Elm st

Friday the 13th

Halloween

Hellraiser

Creepshow

Tales from the Crypt

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Child's Play

Some of them probably won't scare you too badly but I'd say they still belong in any essential Halloween viewing list.

This thread is making me realize for the first time how many horror movies I watched as a kid.

Do you have any ghost movies you really like?

I enjoyed Insidious, but that was more of a monster/ghost movie.

BTW I will also watch Bollywood movies, but no French or Spanish (can't understand when they talk).

The Descent really freaked me out when I watched it in the right setting (it was dark, I was alone, etc)

But then I watched it later with a friend, at like 7PM, and it completely lost the vibe for me.

The Descent really freaked me out when I watched it in the right setting (it was dark, I was alone, etc)

But then I watched it later with a friend, at like 7PM, and it completely lost the vibe for me.

[REC] is supposed to be good, and far superior to the american version Quarantine.

Cannibal Holocaust is pretty good, will frack with your mind.