Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Southpop45

[Article] Botchford: 1-2 mystery teams in on Lu before CBA expiration and one is rumord to be the OILERS!?

86 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ever be okay with the thought of sending Luongo to the Oilers?

• Yes, get him and his salary cap finally out of here
    • No, he makes edmonton much better and i dont want to help a divison rival under any circumstances
    • It completly depends on what they offer

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

49 posts in this topic

RNH is the only thing I would consider.. and like you said, he's off limits.. no way I'd trade him to the Oilers

I would want one of Musil or Klefbom involved in any trade. Plus Paajarvi and top six forward.

So something like:

Luongo for Klefbom/Musil + Paajarvi + Hemsky

*Should be noted that I would only trade a premium player to a division opponent for a clear overpayment.

I didn't mean all of them for Luongo

A combination of them was preferred

Gagner or Hemsky, or for a first round draft pick and Paajarvi. No way they give us one of those players plus a 1st. Also for all of you insinuating that we could get Eberle are hilarious. :lol:

EDIT: If we could package Raymond in the deal, that would also be satisfactory. He's from Edmonton, if there's one place he could shine besides here? It would be there with all their young players. :P

Botchford is an idiot....but not as idiotic as the thoughts of some posters around what we would or could get back in return for Lu, so far in this thread.

For sure Hemsky. They can put him with the Twins and they can call it the 'Puff Line'!

Only if R.N.H. Comes here and I don't think the Oil is that stupid.....so no.

I don't buy the division thing. So that's 4 extra points a year we're worried about possibly losing. The only reason it's not done is that GM's are reminded of it more often if they play against them lots during the year.

I want to see Hartikainen in a Nucks jersey so bad. Him and Gagner would be a reasonable return.

Edmonton is bad enough that if we traded Lui there it wouldn't matter in terms of our division

Hahahaha!

Eberle or RNH for Luongo?

Holy smokes my fellow canuck fans sure provide some ridiculous ideas to laugh at! Might as well be dreamers hey?? Gives us even more to complain about when impossible things don't happen, no matter how bad we want them to.

Trading Luongo within the divsion just wont happen unless Edmonton overrpayed, which they wont do.