Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 9 votes

[Official] Fake Canucks 2012-2013 Season Thread (on NHL 13 during Lockout)

• Please log in to reply
604 replies to this topic

#1 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:23 PM

Check out the official Twitter feed of the Fake Vancouver Canucks! Follow @FakeCanucksLive and keep up to date with all the Fake hockey goodness.

https://twitter.com/FakeCanucksLive

Watch the games here: http://www.livestrea...kecanucksseason

So Wyatt Arndt over at one of the blogs from the Province is going to sim every game the canucks are scheduled to play that they miss because of the lockout on NHL 13, starting with the pre-season. As he says here:

This is no simple “simulate the results and post a box scores of what happened” kind of deal. Oh no, this is taking hockey depression and withdrawal to a whole new level. What I am going to do is run a season with the Canucks, and record with an HD recorded, the games themselves. I will pit the computer vs the computer and see what happens. I will then take the results, whip up some highlights, and post the highlight package for you to all see.This season I’m recording, it has computer AI turned on. Which means trades will happen and injuries will occur. Fake computer GM’s can be just as stupid as the real GM’s, and bad trades will go down. So what I plan on doing is if any computer GM offers the Canucks a trade, I will post a poll on here to see if the majority of people want to accept the trade, or decline the trade. This way we can kind of make it interactive as we go along. I will occasionally ask people if we should mix up the lines and poll to see which line combinations people want most. I will have a contest on Twitter to let someone run the team for a game and select ALL of the lines.

http://blogs.theprov...ameday-preview/

So it'll be sort of interactive and I figured that this can be like the fake season long GDT/PGT. So here we go. Heres to a good fake season!

Edit: the lines were messed up for the first two games partly because they were split squad games.

FAKE VANCOUVER CANUCKS 2012 FAKE PRE-SEASON SCHEDULE AND RESULTS

MON., SEPT. 24TH VS FAKE CALGARY Result: 2-1 OTL
MON., SEPT. 24TH @ FAKE CALGARY Result: 5-4 OTL
WED., SEPT. 26TH VS FAKE SAN JOSE Result: 4-2 W
SAT., SEPT. 29TH @ FAKE EDMONTON Result: 5-2 W
MON., OCT. 1ST VS FAKE PHOENIX Result: 5-3 W
WED., OCT. 3RD @ FAKE SAN JOSE Result: 3-2 OTL
FRI., OCT. 5TH VS FAKE EDMONTON Result: 3-2 W

Record: 4-0-3

FAKE VANCOUVER CANUCKS 2012-2013 FAKE REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE AND RESULTS (officially cancelled games only)

Record: 10-2-2

Thu, Oct 11 @ Calgary Result: 3-1 W
Sat, Oct 13 vs Edmonton Result: 5-2 W
Mon, Oct 15 vs Carolina Result: 3-1 W
Thu, Oct 18 @ Nashville Result: 7-6 W
Fri, Oct 19 @ Columbus Result: 4-3 L
Mon, Oct 22 @ Detroit Result: 3-2 W
Tue, Oct 23 @ Pittsburgh Result: 3-2 OTL
Thu, Oct 25 @ Dallas Result: 3-1 W
Sun, Oct 28 vs Tampa Bay Result: 4.3 W
Tue, Oct 30 vs Detroit Result: 3-2 OTL
Thu, Nov 1 vs Colorado Result: 6-2 W
Sat. Nov 3 vs Montreal Result: 8-7 W
Wed, Nov 7 @ Anaheim Result: 4-2 W
Thu, Nov 8 @ Los Angeles Result: 4-2 L
Sat, Nov 10 @ Colorado Result:
Tue, Nov 13 vs Florida Result:
Thu, Nov 15 vs Chicago Result:
Mon, Nov 19 vs Minnesota Result:
Thu, Nov 22 @ Ottawa Result:
Sat, Nov 24 @ Montreal Result:
Mon, Nov 26 @ NY Rangers Result:
Tue, Nov 27 @ NY Islanders Result:
Thu, Nov 29 @ Buffalo Result:
Sun, Dec 2 vs Anaheim Result:
Tue, Dec 4 vs Dallas Result:
Thu, Dec 6 vs Nashville Result:
Sat, Dec 8 vs Ottawa Result:
Mon, Dec 10 vs Edmonton Result:
Thu, Dec 13 @ San Jose Result:
Sat, Dec 15 vs Toronto Result:
Tue, Dec 18 vs San Jose Result:
Thu, Dec 20 @ Minnesota Result:
Fri, Dec 21 @ Columbus Result:
Sun, Dec 23 @ St. Louis Result:
Wed, Dec 26 vs Calgary Result:
Thu, Dec 27 @ Calgary Result:
Sat, Dec 29 vs Boston Result:
Mon, Dec 31 vs St. Louis Result:
Wed, Jan 2 vs Columbus Result:
Fri, Jan 4 @ Edmonton Result:
Sun, Jan 6 vs Philadelphia Result:
Tue, Jan 8 vs Colorado Result:
Sat, Jan 12 @ Toronto Result:

FAKE VANCOUVER CANUCKS 2012-2013 PLAYER STATS (updated to include up to the current Fake Sportscentre: the Nov.3 Montreal game (Game 12))

Player Name
Keith Ballard: 2 Goal, 1 Assist, 3 Points
Kevin Bieksa: 0 Goals, 8 Assists, 8 Points
David Booth: 5 Goals, 4 Assists, 9 Points
Alex Burrows: 5 Goal, 6 Assists, 11 Points
Andrew Ebbett: 0 Goals, 4 Assist, 4 Point
Alex Edler: 2 Goals, 5 Assist, 7 Points
Jason Garrison: 0 Goals, 4 Assists, 4 Points
Dan Hamhuis: 1 Goals, 6 Assists, 7 Points
Jannik Hansen: 3 Goals, 1 Assists, 4 Points
Chris Higgins: 2 Goal, 4 Assists, 6 Points
Zack Kassian: 3 Goals, 2 Assist, 5 Point
Maxim Lapierre: 3 Goals, 4 Assists, 7 Points
Manny Malhotra: 0 Goals, 2 Assist, 2 Point
Mason Raymond: 2 Goal, 3 Assist, 5 Points
Sami Salo: 1 Goal, 4 Assists, 5 Point
Daniel Sedin: 7 Goals, 10 Assists, 17 Points
Henrik Sedin: 11 Goals, 7 Assists, 18 Points
Aaron Volpatti: 1 Goal, 1 Assist, 2 Points

http://canucklepuck.com/FakeSeason

FAKE NHL LEAGUE STATS

www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2tpWGVPSps&feature=plcp (After 10 games)

Edited by Where's Wellwood, 21 December 2012 - 11:57 AM.

Posted Image
Credit to khalifawiz501 for the sig.
My old sig: http://tinypic.com/v...=5#.UlSrrlAWJ7U

#2 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:28 PM

POPULAR

So the Canucks lose the first of two split squad games against the flames 2-1 in OT. Sucks but the lines were messed up for us.

http://blogs.theprov...mes-vs-canucks/

Posted Image

#3 Froggy Fresh

Froggy Fresh

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:32 PM

omg trade Lack he suckz !!!112!1

Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!

#4 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,894 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:40 PM

Is he going to simulate the entire season without making any trades? Will he only make a trade if another team presents an offer? How will the Luongo situation be handled?

There will inevitably be situations that will not be able to accurately reflect their real life counterparts.
The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#5 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:47 PM

Is he going to simulate the entire season without making any trades? Will he only make a trade if another team presents an offer? How will the Luongo situation be handled?

There will inevitably be situations that will not be able to accurately reflect their real life counterparts.

Well, he's only going to simulate the games as their missed because of the lockout. If the lockout ends, then the entire fake season won't even be played. If another team offers a trade, he'll create a poll and we can vote on it. I'm guessing that if our team isn't doing so well that he might poll us on if we need a trade and that he'll take suggestions, on twitter or in the blog comments probably, on what the trade should be.

I'm also assuming that Luongo is playing in the other split squad game. We'll find that out later tonight when the results of the other simmed split squad game that should have been played today will be posted.

But yeah, it won't be super realistic.

Edited by Where's Wellwood, 24 September 2012 - 12:48 PM.

Posted Image

#6 papagrizz

papagrizz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:48 PM

wheres lappy and higgings

#7 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

wheres lappy and higgings

It's a split squad game today.
Posted Image

#8 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,894 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:56 PM

It's a split squad game today.

Corrado played on two D pairings tonight, one alongside Dale Weise (who also played on the fourth line)?

What's wrong with AV! Hopefully, Bowness' lines will be better.

Edited by WeatherWise, 24 September 2012 - 12:58 PM.

#9 The Stanchion

The Stanchion

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:56 PM

Hey all, this is my brainchild! Glad you guys found it. If you have any questions, lemme know.

I will try and keep it realistic, but to a certain degree, there will be some changes. For instance trade offers, and the starting lineups, that's impossible to match real life. So where the season dips in realism, I want to amp it up in interactivity, ie letting someone choose the lineups for the night, letting people weigh in on trade offer, ask people who we should call up when injuries happens....

Basically gives us something to do while the lockout is on. Once hockey comes back, I will just fold this and lose myself in the warm embrace of regular hockey!

Anyways, should you have any questions or anything, lemme know. Hopefully people can get a laugh out of this during this crappy lockout. :)

And game 2 should be up tonight. Higgins and friends will be on the other squad, along with two ex NHL'rs getting an invite to camp. ;) (It's pre-season, so I bent reality slightly for the "try out" part of camp.)
Freelance writer currently blogging for The Province Sports. Also the creator of the Fake Canucks Season. Go to http://www.youtube.c...er/TheStanchion to check out my Fake Sports Centre broadcasts!

#10 The Stanchion

The Stanchion

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:57 PM

Corrado played on two D pairings tonight, one alongside Dale Weise (who also played on the fourth line)?

What's wrong with AV!

That was my bad. I have no idea how I did that. I will be far more accurate for regular season games, it's a lot harder to set up split squads, hahah. Stupid oversight on my part. Let's just blame fake AV.
Freelance writer currently blogging for The Province Sports. Also the creator of the Fake Canucks Season. Go to http://www.youtube.c...er/TheStanchion to check out my Fake Sports Centre broadcasts!

#11 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:00 PM

Hey all, this is my brainchild! Glad you guys found it. If you have any questions, lemme know.

I will try and keep it realistic, but to a certain degree, there will be some changes. For instance trade offers, and the starting lineups, that's impossible to match real life. So where the season dips in realism, I want to amp it up in interactivity, ie letting someone choose the lineups for the night, letting people weigh in on trade offer, ask people who we should call up when injuries happens....

Basically gives us something to do while the lockout is on. Once hockey comes back, I will just fold this and lose myself in the warm embrace of regular hockey!

Anyways, should you have any questions or anything, lemme know. Hopefully people can get a laugh out of this during this crappy lockout. :)

And game 2 should be up tonight. Higgins and friends will be on the other squad, along with two ex NHL'rs getting an invite to camp. ;) (It's pre-season, so I bent reality slightly for the "try out" part of camp.)

Thanks for doing this! It seems like it'll be pretty entertaining and I think we all need some hockey related entertainment.
Posted Image

#12 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,894 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:00 PM

That was my bad. I have no idea how I did that. I will be far more accurate for regular season games, it's a lot harder to set up split squads, hahah. Stupid oversight on my part. Let's just blame fake AV.

The best way to prevent this issue would probably to set the team to "best lines" before every preseason game; the game will automate the lines with the proper number of players. Once you've established your roster for the regular season, you can leave the lines alone.

Nice project! I'm sure we'll all be keeping an eye on it. I would suggest, for the sake of realism, adding an aging veteran or two from the Free Agent list to the preseason roster as a tryout player, then cutting them before the regular season regardless of their play.

Edited by WeatherWise, 24 September 2012 - 01:08 PM.

#13 MisterShipwreck

MisterShipwreck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:06 PM

I'm almost fed up enough to go buy a PS3 and the NHL13 game myself - maybe this weekend. I miss hockey... :(

Posted Image

Sig by RK17

#14 The Stanchion

The Stanchion

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

The best way to prevent this issue would probably to set the team to "best lines" before every preseason game; the game will automate the lines with the proper number of players. Once you've established your roster for the regular season, you can leave the lines alone.

Nice project! I'm sure we'll all be keeping an eye on it. I would suggest, for the sake of realism, adding an aging veteran or two from the Free Agent list to the preseason roster as a tryout player, then cutting them before the regular season regardless of their play.

Yup, I chose two tryout players, and they won't make the team. Two players you wouldn't expect... It was more about me getting to see them in a Canucks jersey hahaha.

The problem with best lines is it will jump players up and down from the rosters I believe, so wouldn't it just set the top lines once again for the Canucks? Hard to set the lines for a split squad when I need some of the crappy players in the lineup.

Regardless, it won't be a problem during regular season!

#15 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,894 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:14 PM

Yup, I chose two tryout players, and they won't make the team. Two players you wouldn't expect... It was more about me getting to see them in a Canucks jersey hahaha.

The problem with best lines is it will jump players up and down from the rosters I believe, so wouldn't it just set the top lines once again for the Canucks? Hard to set the lines for a split squad when I need some of the crappy players in the lineup.

Regardless, it won't be a problem during regular season!

True, true. I thought you may have used two completely separate rosters by maneuvering some of the players around. It's probably easier to set it manually, though, as long as you keep track of the lines.

One more suggestion I would make is to go into Visual Settings, change the puck size to normal, and alter the puck shadow to authentic. One visual aspect of the game that irks me is how large the puck is by default -- it isn't very pleasing to the eye to see a giant shadow underneath the puck. Also, you may want to disable the player indicator (name); if the commentary is enabled, viewers should be able to hear the announcers indicate which player is in possession of the puck (the jersey numbers will help too). The indicators take away from the illusion that the game is real.

Edited by WeatherWise, 24 September 2012 - 01:18 PM.

#16 The Stanchion

The Stanchion

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:16 PM

True, true. I thought you may have used two completely separate rosters by maneuvering some of the players around. It's probably easier to set it manually, though, as long as you keep track of the lines.

One more suggestion I would make is to go into Visual Settings, change the puck size to normal, and alter the puck shadow to authentic. One visual aspect of the game that irks me is how large the puck is by default -- it isn't very pleasing to the eye to see a giant shadow underneath the puck.

Oh brilliant call, I didn't even think of that. Last time I used that setting was like in 2010, totally forgot it existed. Thanks for the heads up!

#17 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70,520 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

Damn, lockout! :(

Can't believe Canucks would have played the Flames today.

307mg00.jpg

#18 The Stanchion

The Stanchion

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:27 PM

. Also, you may want to disable the player indicator (name); if the commentary is enabled, viewers should be able to hear the announcers indicate which player is in possession of the puck (the jersey numbers will help too). The indicators take away from the illusion that the game is real.

For pre-season the numbers are all messed up due to the diverse roster. Plus I present it as a sports news recap, so I provide commentary, so won't be as easy to spot out who is who based on in game commentary (which isn't turned on)

Again, regular season should be fine, though, as all the numbers/players will make sense and be recognizable.

#19 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

I'm actually really excited for this...will cure my hockey withdrawal to an extent.

Of course it's not going to follow the exact movements of the actual 2012-2013 Canucks, it's his own "season".

Very excited. Go Canucks! :towel:

/=S=/

#20 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,777 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

Ha ha, nice idea. I find it entertaing and look forward to the next one. Like the TSN mode and the commercials in between. Good stuff!

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#21 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,100 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

That was great! I loved the addition of the Peter Maher commentary!

As the fake season is being done on NHL13, I worry about all the fake injuries that might pile up.

Go Fake Canucks Go!
Posted Image

#22 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:47 PM

Any predictions for the other split squad game score? I'm going with 3-1 Fake Canucks.
Posted Image

#23 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

Put weise first line center

#24 The Stanchion

The Stanchion

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

Hasek is on a tryout contract for the Canucks in game 2. ;)

After pre-season the rosters will be normal, but I wanted a fun try out, so I gave Hasek the nod. After that, Luongo will get his first start, as will Schneider.

Higgins, Booth and Lappy lead the next squad in game 2. Kesler sitting out till Christmas.

#25 laxgoalie

laxgoalie

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

I'm going to watch this every morning before university, the sports center highlights that is. It will replace the real life sports center. you should do the occasional Fake Sports Center Top 10. :towel:
Posted Image Posted Image

#26 captain_kirk1

captain_kirk1

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:59 PM

POPULAR

What happens if your fake season is halted due to a fake lockout by fake Bettman? this is faked up...

#27 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

What a great idea..go fake canucks go..smash the fake lames tonight wooooooooo
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#28 Tom-The-Great

Tom-The-Great

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

requesting this be pinned.

#29 Wh!stler R!der

Wh!stler R!der

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

1st PAGE!!!! OMGZ WE GONNA WIN TA TURD!
This city deserves a championship. This is the best era in Canucks history, keep bleeding blue n green always!
Win it for Ripper, Luc and Demo.

#30 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,404 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:42 PM

So this guy over at one of the blogs from the Province is going to sim every game the canucks are scheduled to play that they miss because of the lockout on NHL 13, starting with the pre-season. As he says here:

http://blogs.theprov...ameday-preview/

So it'll be sort of interactive and I figured that this can be like the fake season long GDT/PGT.

So here we go. Heres to a good fake season!

Edit: the lines are messed up partly because the first game is a split squad game so Bieksa, Hamhuis and others should play in the other game.

Why isn't Lappy on his lineup....

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.