The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Fake Canucks 2012-2013 Season Thread (on NHL 13 during Lockout)

Where's Wellwood

Check out the official Twitter feed of the Fake Vancouver Canucks! Follow @FakeCanucksLive and keep up to date with all the Fake hockey goodness.

https://twitter.com/FakeCanucksLive

Watch the games here: http://www.livestrea...kecanucksseason

So Wyatt Arndt over at one of the blogs from the Province is going to sim every game the canucks are scheduled to play that they miss because of the lockout on NHL 13, starting with the pre-season. As he says here:

This is no simple “simulate the results and post a box scores of what happened” kind of deal. Oh no, this is taking hockey depression and withdrawal to a whole new level. What I am going to do is run a season with the Canucks, and record with an HD recorded, the games themselves. I will pit the computer vs the computer and see what happens. I will then take the results, whip up some highlights, and post the highlight package for you to all see.This season I’m recording, it has computer AI turned on. Which means trades will happen and injuries will occur. Fake computer GM’s can be just as stupid as the real GM’s, and bad trades will go down. So what I plan on doing is if any computer GM offers the Canucks a trade, I will post a poll on here to see if the majority of people want to accept the trade, or decline the trade. This way we can kind of make it interactive as we go along. I will occasionally ask people if we should mix up the lines and poll to see which line combinations people want most. I will have a contest on Twitter to let someone run the team for a game and select ALL of the lines.

http://blogs.theprov...ameday-preview/

Hey all, this is my brainchild! Glad you guys found it. If you have any questions, lemme know.

I will try and keep it realistic, but to a certain degree, there will be some changes. For instance trade offers, and the starting lineups, that's impossible to match real life. So where the season dips in realism, I want to amp it up in interactivity, ie letting someone choose the lineups for the night, letting people weigh in on trade offer, ask people who we should call up when injuries happens....

Basically gives us something to do while the lockout is on. Once hockey comes back, I will just fold this and lose myself in the warm embrace of regular hockey!

Anyways, should you have any questions or anything, lemme know. Hopefully people can get a laugh out of this during this crappy lockout. :)

And game 2 should be up tonight. Higgins and friends will be on the other squad, along with two ex NHL'rs getting an invite to camp. ;) (It's pre-season, so I bent reality slightly for the "try out" part of camp.)

Hey all, this is my brainchild! Glad you guys found it. If you have any questions, lemme know.

I will try and keep it realistic, but to a certain degree, there will be some changes. For instance trade offers, and the starting lineups, that's impossible to match real life. So where the season dips in realism, I want to amp it up in interactivity, ie letting someone choose the lineups for the night, letting people weigh in on trade offer, ask people who we should call up when injuries happens....

Basically gives us something to do while the lockout is on. Once hockey comes back, I will just fold this and lose myself in the warm embrace of regular hockey!

Anyways, should you have any questions or anything, lemme know. Hopefully people can get a laugh out of this during this crappy lockout. :)

And game 2 should be up tonight. Higgins and friends will be on the other squad, along with two ex NHL'rs getting an invite to camp. ;) (It's pre-season, so I bent reality slightly for the "try out" part of camp.)

The best way to prevent this issue would probably to set the team to "best lines" before every preseason game; the game will automate the lines with the proper number of players. Once you've established your roster for the regular season, you can leave the lines alone.

Nice project! I'm sure we'll all be keeping an eye on it. I would suggest, for the sake of realism, adding an aging veteran or two from the Free Agent list to the preseason roster as a tryout player, then cutting them before the regular season regardless of their play.

True, true. I thought you may have used two completely separate rosters by maneuvering some of the players around. It's probably easier to set it manually, though, as long as you keep track of the lines.

One more suggestion I would make is to go into Visual Settings, change the puck size to normal, and alter the puck shadow to authentic. One visual aspect of the game that irks me is how large the puck is by default -- it isn't very pleasing to the eye to see a giant shadow underneath the puck.

Hasek is on a tryout contract for the Canucks in game 2. ;)

After pre-season the rosters will be normal, but I wanted a fun try out, so I gave Hasek the nod. After that, Luongo will get his first start, as will Schneider.

Higgins, Booth and Lappy lead the next squad in game 2. Kesler sitting out till Christmas.

Archived