The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Fake Canucks 2012-2013 Season Thread (on NHL 13 during Lockout)

Where's Wellwood

@The Stanchion:

I like that you've decided to go with Lu and Lack in net this year. However, to make it a bit more 'realistic', do you think you could trade Schneider? It would be interesting to maybe have fans vote on a few trade proposals and then see which one gets accepted (e.g., do we offer CBJ Schneider to bring in a package that includes local product Ryan Johansen, or do we look for more veteran talent like Stephen Weiss from FLA to address the need for a playmaking second line centre?)

Your point would certainly give fans a major opportunity to weigh in. However, I don't we'd want to be too concerned with realistic management; after all, Wayne Gretzky tried out for the team, and Dale Weise played defense one game. He's certainly keeping it as realistic as possible. Focusing solely on realism, I believe, would restrict some of the creativity, and perhaps take away from the overall experience; the key is to be realistic without going overboard. Wyatt is giving Cory a chance to step in and be the "new challenger" at any time; keeping that door open would be a wise thing to do in case Schneids decides to step in and have some fun as well. It'd give us a chance too to ask him where the heck he's been!

I don't think Wyatt will be initiating any trades, as he's stated he would rather not try to shape the team to his ideal image, i.e. Kassian scoring 50 goals or a team of superstars. Such decisions may actually make the season less realistic. If another team proposes a trade, though, fans will definitely be able to help decide what the team should do.

Tonight's game starts at 7. We invite you to tune in!

Archived