Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where's Wellwood

[Official] Fake Canucks 2012-2013 Season Thread (on NHL 13 during Lockout)

605 posts in this topic

That was great! I loved the addition of the Peter Maher commentary!

As the fake season is being done on NHL13, I worry about all the fake injuries that might pile up.

Go Fake Canucks Go!

Hasek is on a tryout contract for the Canucks in game 2. ;)

After pre-season the rosters will be normal, but I wanted a fun try out, so I gave Hasek the nod. After that, Luongo will get his first start, as will Schneider.

Higgins, Booth and Lappy lead the next squad in game 2. Kesler sitting out till Christmas.

I'm going to watch this every morning before university, the sports center highlights that is. It will replace the real life sports center. you should do the occasional Fake Sports Center Top 10. :towel:

So this guy over at one of the blogs from the Province is going to sim every game the canucks are scheduled to play that they miss because of the lockout on NHL 13, starting with the pre-season. As he says here:

http://blogs.theprov...ameday-preview/

So it'll be sort of interactive and I figured that this can be like the fake season long GDT/PGT.

So here we go. Heres to a good fake season!

Edit: the lines are messed up partly because the first game is a split squad game so Bieksa, Hamhuis and others should play in the other game.

Viideo highlights will be up in a couple of hours, just putting it together now. Real life got in the way, sorry folks! I will try and get them up as soon as possible. :)

And yes, if you didn't see a Canuck in game one, odds are he is in game two. I am just trying to reflect real pre-season, where the Canucks split the squads, and get a ton of young players into the games.

Here's one more suggestion. Throughout the first few games of the preseason, you may want to swap goaltenders at the 10:00 of the second period.

Lappy's in the second split squad game which was also 'played' today and the highlight video should be done soon.

Here's one more suggestion. Throughout the first few games of the preseason, you may want to swap goaltenders at the 10:00 of the second period.

I thought about that too, but he's simming the entire game. Can you force a goalie swap in a sim like that?

^ Then I agree. This would be an excellent addition to preseason play.