The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Fake Canucks 2012-2013 Season Thread (on NHL 13 during Lockout)

Where's Wellwood

UPDATE:

Hey guys, Fake Season may seem like it's slowed down, but that's only so I could rest and refresh. Having to do the Fake Sports Centre every other day was hard to keep up and was effecting my real life job, so I had to cut back a bit. What this means is:

A) More episodes where I cover two games. It's just far more viable if I can do this.

B ) More Dirty Mailbags/Mascot of the Week vids, since those are super easy to film, and have gotten good reception from the fans

So I am filming episodes of Fake Sports Centre late tonight, we should have one up tomorrow. The problem with Dirty Mailbag is getting Bowman down here to film, so hopefully I can film that next week and get that out on Wednesday.

As for tonight's Fake Game, which was supposed to be shown at 7pm, I am pushing that until tomorrow at 1pm (AFTERNOON GAME YAY!), as I will be filming with Bowman for another project downtown today (think Daily Show/Colbert Show, except for real sports news, we are trying to see if that one will work for when real hockey comes back. It's being shot in an actual studio space).

I will try and put out and stick to the Fake Live Stream schedules as often as possible, but to be honest, the interest seems far higher in the YouTube videos (more views, we only hit around 40 for the Live Stream games), so that will probably be the bigger focus for now.

I will still do the Live Stream games, because the people who do show up to watch are 100% loyal and are a great group of people, but hopefully you can forgive me if I have to adjust the schedule on the fly like this (it's hard work working a fake job hahaha).

ALSO the next game has a special guest coach.... ME. I took control of the Nucks vs Av's because people wanted to see some fights, so I thought it would be fun to have a "special" one off game. Should be a good one!

-Wyatt

UPDATE:

Hey guys, Fake Season may seem like it's slowed down, but that's only so I could rest and refresh. Having to do the Fake Sports Centre every other day was hard to keep up and was effecting my real life job, so I had to cut back a bit. What this means is:

A) More episodes where I cover two games. It's just far more viable if I can do this.

B ) More Dirty Mailbags/Mascot of the Week vids, since those are super easy to film, and have gotten good reception from the fans

So I am filming episodes of Fake Sports Centre late tonight, we should have one up tomorrow. The problem with Dirty Mailbag is getting Bowman down here to film, so hopefully I can film that next week and get that out on Wednesday.

As for tonight's Fake Game, which was supposed to be shown at 7pm, I am pushing that until tomorrow at 1pm (AFTERNOON GAME YAY!), as I will be filming with Bowman for another project downtown today (think Daily Show/Colbert Show, except for real sports news, we are trying to see if that one will work for when real hockey comes back. It's being shot in an actual studio space).

I will try and put out and stick to the Fake Live Stream schedules as often as possible, but to be honest, the interest seems far higher in the YouTube videos (more views, we only hit around 40 for the Live Stream games), so that will probably be the bigger focus for now.

I will still do the Live Stream games, because the people who do show up to watch are 100% loyal and are a great group of people, but hopefully you can forgive me if I have to adjust the schedule on the fly like this (it's hard work working a fake job hahaha).

ALSO the next game has a special guest coach.... ME. I took control of the Nucks vs Av's because people wanted to see some fights, so I thought it would be fun to have a "special" one off game. Should be a good one!

-Wyatt

Love it,appreciate the work you guys have invested. I have endless ideas for Bettman/Daly replacements-roast beef sandwich? $5.00 off coupons at participating Pizza Hut restaurants and so on.....

Keep up the great work,will try to tune in this evening

Fake 'Nucks get real win. 4-2 I believe was the ending,had my hands full between watching and feeding my daughter,she also appeared to be getting into the game or at least thats when she felt the need to make a mess with baby food carrots.

The Fake Season is about to relaunch with a new live stream format and a greater emphasis on being accessible to viewers. We will now be presenting back-to-back games every Wednesday at 5:00 PM PST and Sunday at 7:00 PM PST. New Fake SportsCentre episodes, meanwhile, will be released on Mondays and Thursdays, covering highlights from two matches in approximately 20-minute installments. In addition, we will continue to provide bonus content, such as the Dirty Mailbag and Mascot of the Week.

We hope you'll join us as we continue our Fake Season coverage!

Archived