Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 9 votes

[Official] Fake Canucks 2012-2013 Season Thread (on NHL 13 during Lockout)

• Please log in to reply
604 replies to this topic

#361 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

Fake Canucks stats update: I just watched the highlights and the goals were

1. Henrik (Garrison, Booth)
2. Burrows (unassisted)
3. Daniel (Bieksa)

Therefore I am removing 1 assist from Daniel and 1 assist from Edler that I had credited to them last night before seeing the highlights.
Posted Image
Credit to khalifawiz501 for the sig.
My old sig: http://tinypic.com/v...=5#.UlSrrlAWJ7U

#362 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

http://www.theprovin...ake_hockey.html

Game is on! 2nd period just starting!

/=S=/

#363 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

Thanks for all the support! Today was an incredible success. We attracted 123 viewers to the stream simultaneously, and had a great time watching the match. Feel free to join us at our Livestream.com channel during the stream to chat and interact with other viewers.

The next match will be streamed this upcoming Monday (time TBA -- we should hear this from Wyatt soon). Highlights from this game (against the Edmonton Oilers) will be online that morning. Look out for the interview with Roberto Luongo tomorrow on Wyatt's YouTube channel.

Edited by WeatherWise, 13 October 2012 - 05:25 PM.

The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#364 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

Goals from:

1. Henrik (Higgins, Daniel)
2. Volpatti (unassisted)
3. Daniel (Burrows, Lapierre)
4. Booth (Bieksa)
5. Lapierre (unassisted)
Posted Image

#365 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:15 AM

POPULAR

Posted Image

#366 Mountain Man

Mountain Man

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:31 AM

That interview is gold! I hope eventually for an interview from AV and GMMG on the fake season.
virtus junxit mors non separabit.

Hockey season must be back on, the crazies are coming out again....

#367 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,196 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:42 AM

"Who would be better playing with their opposite hand. You or Lack?"
"I roomed with Eddie a few years ago, and let me tell you, he can play with both of his hands from what I saw"

This guy is pure gold! Thanks for the entertainment Luuuuuuuu :towel:

#368 Rounoush

Rounoush

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:03 AM

This whole operation is pure gold.
Posted Image
Thanks a bunch to khalifawiz501 for the signature.

#369 Dral

Dral

Puts the Dr in Drunk

• Members
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

Bieksa doing a fake Kesler interview would be awesome. I'd also love to see some fake Kesler Bombs.

"Suck on that Eddie!". Awesomeness.

Fruits?

Lord Peaches' gut is telling him that the drunken fool, aka Dral, is 100% mafia.

MVP?

Dral is 100% mafia or I will masteb_ _ _ _ a cow and like it

GOATis?

Vig kill dral he never talks like this when he's not mafia.

#370 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,525 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:45 AM

@The Stanchion:

I like that you've decided to go with Lu and Lack in net this year. However, to make it a bit more 'realistic', do you think you could trade Schneider? It would be interesting to maybe have fans vote on a few trade proposals and then see which one gets accepted (e.g., do we offer CBJ Schneider to bring in a package that includes local product Ryan Johansen, or do we look for more veteran talent like Stephen Weiss from FLA to address the need for a playmaking second line centre?)

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#371 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

@The Stanchion:

I like that you've decided to go with Lu and Lack in net this year. However, to make it a bit more 'realistic', do you think you could trade Schneider? It would be interesting to maybe have fans vote on a few trade proposals and then see which one gets accepted (e.g., do we offer CBJ Schneider to bring in a package that includes local product Ryan Johansen, or do we look for more veteran talent like Stephen Weiss from FLA to address the need for a playmaking second line centre?)

Your point would certainly give fans a major opportunity to weigh in. However, I don't we'd want to be too concerned with realistic management; after all, Wayne Gretzky tried out for the team, and Dale Weise played defense one game. He's certainly keeping it as realistic as possible. Focusing solely on realism, I believe, would restrict some of the creativity, and perhaps take away from the overall experience; the key is to be realistic without going overboard. Wyatt is giving Cory a chance to step in and be the "new challenger" at any time; keeping that door open would be a wise thing to do in case Schneids decides to step in and have some fun as well. It'd give us a chance too to ask him where the heck he's been!

I don't think Wyatt will be initiating any trades, as he's stated he would rather not try to shape the team to his ideal image, i.e. Kassian scoring 50 goals or a team of superstars. Such decisions may actually make the season less realistic. If another team proposes a trade, though, fans will definitely be able to help decide what the team should do.

Tonight's game starts at 7. We invite you to tune in!

Edited by WeatherWise, 15 October 2012 - 10:42 AM.

#372 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

Highlights from Saturday's game are up!

Edited by WeatherWise, 15 October 2012 - 10:52 AM.

#373 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • 6,098 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

I'm almost starting to appreciate the lockout for having created the opportunity for the fake season.

:towel:
Posted Image

#374 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

By the way, everyone, we'll be debuting a new opening piece tonight. Look out for it at the start of the broadcast.

#375 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,525 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

Your point would certainly give fans a major opportunity to weigh in. However, I don't we'd want to be too concerned with realistic management; after all, Wayne Gretzky tried out for the team, and Dale Weise played defense one game. He's certainly keeping it as realistic as possible. Focusing solely on realism, I believe, would restrict some of the creativity, and perhaps take away from the overall experience; the key is to be realistic without going overboard. Wyatt is giving Cory a chance to step in and be the "new challenger" at any time; keeping that door open would be a wise thing to do in case Schneids decides to step in and have some fun as well. It'd give us a chance too to ask him where the heck he's been!

I don't think Wyatt will be initiating any trades, as he's stated he would rather not try to shape the team to his ideal image, i.e. Kassian scoring 50 goals or a team of superstars. Such decisions may actually make the season less realistic. If another team proposes a trade, though, fans will definitely be able to help decide what the team should do.

Tonight's game starts at 7. We invite you to tune in!

You guys do great work. I like that the option to have Schneider return is available, I didn't realize that. That would be great. Cheers.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#376 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

By the way, everyone, we'll be debuting a new opening piece tonight. Look out for it at the start of the broadcast.

I already saw it on Wyatt's twitter :bigblush: Looking forward to the game! I've actually got my jersey on. :lol:

/=S=/

#377 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

Puck drop in one hour (7:00 PM PST).

#378 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

I already saw it on Wyatt's twitter :bigblush: Looking forward to the game! I've actually got my jersey on. :lol:

Looks like everyone who checked out Wyatt's twitter got a sneak peek! That's one of the benefits of subscribing to his twitter -- breaking news and much more!

It will be available again on my channel once it airs tonight.

Edited by WeatherWise, 15 October 2012 - 06:06 PM.

#379 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

Looks like everyone who checked out Wyatt's twitter got a sneak peek! That's one of the benefits of subscribing to his twitter -- breaking news and much more!

It will be available again on my channel once it airs tonight.

Beauty.

/=S=/

#380 Dancin'Droid

Dancin'Droid

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

Great intro Stanchion

Edited by Dancin'Droid, 15 October 2012 - 07:06 PM.

DancingAndroidYellow-1.gif

2013 Kent Jr. Football Champion

2014 Bronze Boot

2014 Kent Sr. Football Champion

2014 SWOSSA Football Finalist 

#381 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

Dominating
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#382 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • 6,098 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

you had a good thing with the highlights alone , was cool till you ruined it

If you don't bother watching or commenting on it, then is it still ruined? If they are enjoying what they are doing, and others enjoy it, why does it bother you so much?
Posted Image

#383 Dancin'Droid

Dancin'Droid

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

Canucks win 3-1 with 2 goals from Henrick and a goal from Ballard

DancingAndroidYellow-1.gif

2013 Kent Jr. Football Champion

2014 Bronze Boot

2014 Kent Sr. Football Champion

2014 SWOSSA Football Finalist 

#384 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • 6,098 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

Your a genius.

That just never gets old for me! :lol:
Posted Image

#385 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

Does anyone know for sure who scored and who assisted on the Canuck goals so I could add it to the Fake Canucks Stats in the OP?
Posted Image

#386 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

Does anyone know for sure who scored and who assisted on the Canuck goals so I could add it to the Fake Canucks Stats in the OP?

For sure, Henrik scored two and Ballard scored the other...assists, I don't know :bigblush:

/=S=/

#387 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,510 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

Considering the highlight package still goes out as usual, your entire argument is based on.....nothing?

he's a troll, that is hard up on trolling. ignore the child.

#388 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

Comment removed by mod.

You must have been the one trying to stir trouble in the chat room. About 6 minutes into tonight's game, somebody began to post obnoxiously in the chat. He was warned. He then began harassing users. We IP banned that individual about 15 minutes in, which seems to correspond with the time you posted in this thread.

You must not realize that 120+ people are trying to enjoy themselves and have some fun in the midst of the NHL lockout, and that a few have put in the time and effort to make it possible. If you're only going to criticize and complain about it, the entire aim of the show has flown completely over your head. The objective is to entertain people, and there are many who have shown interest; we want to respect and justify their interest and commitment, and have aimed to provide a way to entertain and bring fans together in what would otherwise be a very quiet, lengthy off-season.

If fans are enjoying it, that is what matters, and that is why this project exists. If you really think about it, it is often the trivial things in life that keep us happy: books, films, television, music, sports. It makes little sense for you to isolate just one form of entertainment and criticize those who've put in the effort to piece it together; it's incredibly insulting, especially considering you've done nothing of your own for the sake of others.

The hypocrisy of your words is absurd. You also seem to take life much too seriously. It is actually quite disturbing to see someone who can not find humor or fun without being so narrow-minded. If you aren't interested in watching, you don't have to.

Edited by debluvscanucks, 21 October 2012 - 08:20 PM.

#389 JesseBlue

JesseBlue

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

yah we should get rid of this tool...

i don't see this dude do anything productive anyways...

#390 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

You must have been the one trying to stir trouble in the chat room. About 6 minutes into tonight's game, somebody began to post obnoxiously in the chat. He was warned. He then began harassing users. We IP banned that individual about 15 minutes in, which seems to correspond with the time you posted in this thread.

You must not realize that 120+ people are trying to enjoy themselves and have some fun in the midst of the NHL lockout, and that a few have put in the time and effort to make it possible. If you're only going to criticize and complain about it, the entire aim of the show has flown completely over your head. The objective is to entertain people, and there are many who have shown interest; we want to respect and justify their interest and commitment, and have aimed to provide a way to entertain and bring fans together in what would otherwise be a very quiet, lengthy off-season.

If fans are enjoying it, that is what matters, and that is why this project exists. If you really think about it, it is often the trivial things in life that keep us happy: books, films, television, music, sports. It makes little sense for you to isolate just one form of entertainment and criticize those who've put in the effort to piece it together; it's incredibly insulting, especially considering you've done nothing of your own for the sake of others.

You clearly take life much too seriously. It's actually quite sad to see someone who can not find humor or fun without being so narrow-minded. If you aren't interested in watching, you don't have to.

Like a boss.

/=S=/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.