The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Fake Canucks 2012-2013 Season Thread (on NHL 13 during Lockout)

Where's Wellwood

Heads up, the fake highlights for the Preds game took so long I didn't have room to squeeze in Columbus highlights. Look for those highlights tomorrow, as I can't work on PowerDirector while it's uploading my current Preds highlights, which takes around 5 hours, thus leaving me wiht no time for Columbus.

Such is life!

The planned presentation changes for Thursday will now debut tonight! I'm quite looking forward to it. We've been aiming for a more complete live stream presentation, and new concepts are being added on a frequent basis. One of the bittersweet advantages of having an extended lockout is our ability to develop our broadcasts. We have a lot of ideas in mind, so stay tuned.

In the future, there will also be a greater emphasis on the blog to keep everyone updated on the team's game-by-game situation. We'll hopefully have game previews, postgame analysis, and league information detailed in Wyatt's blog at TheProvince.com, so look out for that!

I currently help him with the production and development of the show, and I do a lot of editing work for the live stream. He and I have been working together on the direction of the project, have shared ideas with one another, and have collaborated on many aspects of the project in general. It's been a tremendous partnership. I also moderate the live stream chat.

The latest polls are super close right now, but leaning towards not wanting any of the forward trades. Salo has a slight edge towards yes, but man, these are going to be tight!

Edit: Agreed WW, trades will be limited. I don't want it to get out of hand with the wheeling and dealing. Also livestream info added to YouTube vid description

No big trades have gone down. The biggest news would the trades that DIDN'T happen, ie Rick Nash stuck in Columbus, that sort of thing. I plan on having a league wide update in my next Province post, as well as a Fake Sports Centre league update video (just a 5 minute sort of update thing.)

Archived