The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Fake Canucks 2012-2013 Season Thread (on NHL 13 during Lockout)

Where's Wellwood

@Stanchion Unfortunately, your standalone capture device isn't meant for streaming and doesn't support it. They have several other devices in that product line that actually support streaming right in the product menu, but not that one. I don't see a lot of options for an external USB type device that does that (especially HD composite/HDMI). Most of them are internal PC cards, or quite pricey.

It looks like you can set up your game captureHD for composite/S-video as the output (is there a cable that came in the box?). There seems to be a few DVD composite S-video recording USB dongles that would do 720p. This would probably be the cheapest, but video quality may not be that great.

@gizmo Thanks for looking into that for me. I'll see if I can come up with a way to stream games that is of enough decent quality to make it worthwhile.

For everyone else, I thought it would be fun to let people vote on opening day rosters, so if you want to decide the starting goalie, the 6th d-man, and the 2nd line center, please go here and vote!

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2012/10/01/fake-vancouver-canucks-season-needs-your-help/

This whole concept is awesome! I really only have the time to view it while I am at work (Yeah that does not make sense, but I make it work), but it is a great way to cope with no season.

If AHL were smart, they would offer a sort of a Center Ice package so we can at least keep up with our farm teams and younger players. I would buy it for sure.

Wyatt, the time and effort you are taking in the midst of a busy schedule is appreciated. If you are ever down here in Dallas, hit me up and we can go grab a fake beer. No really, I do not drink anymore so it would have to be a fake beer. LOL. Cheers bro.

Nice work, the interview was great! That is fun, because the players can (within reason) say what they want instead of the generic on ice interview. It will be interesting to see if any other players will do that, and what they might come up with.

Hopefully in the next few games we don't see any more fake shame. It could have cost us a 2 fake pre-season points! Looks like we are playing the milk hot dogs next game.

Archived