The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Oilers owner in Seattle today, touring Key Arena

vancanfan

Well everyone should realize by now that it isn't any picnic playing hockey in Edmonton. Not only the weather but simple travel connections add hours onto trips.

Seattle has hugh potential for any team that locates there. I have thought it would be PHX for months now. Smack me on the head but that makes to much sense.

It would make the most sense to me if they were ginning up local excitement/interest in a Seattle NHL team. Gretzky, being the household NHL name that he is, on a high profile tour of Seattle's only relatively NHL sized, exsisting arena shortly after the new arena being approved seems like a publicity stunt more than anything else. No way Oilers move to Seattle.

But I will be the first in line (figuratively) when season tickets go on sale.

Negotiating tactic nothing more. Oiler fans have supported the team regardless of how crappy the on ice product has been. They still make money. Talking to other cities is the same thing that Mario did with Pittsburgh when he was trying to get a new arena. I just wounder how many people buy into this crap? Really now Bettman doesn't even want to move teams with no owner and are are financial sink hole. Now he's going to let Katz move the team because the city won't build a be arena?

Oilers with a new arena are worth more than without one. Minimizing the amount of money Katz puts into the arena deal maximizes the amount of money he can make if and when he sells the team. This is just a pure business strat. that he is using.

However, if you think that he is bluffing, Edmonton fans should just say no. Then they can join the list that includes Sonics fans and Browns fans. Edmonton fans need to wake up and realize that their beloved Oil-slicks won't say in Rexal forever.

Put up or shut up. It's that simple.

Archived