The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Doctor Who

Where's Wellwood

Doctor Who  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love Sci- Fi as well as British humour and sensibilities but I have never felt Dr Who was even mildly entertaining. For the record, I didn't like Firefly either.

Red Dwarf on the other hand..............

now THERE'S a series that deserves a reboot!

Smeg off if you disagree.

• 1 month later...

^ "Clara Oswald"--who didn't see that coming?

What mother calls her daughter by her full name in that situation anyways?

Technically wasn't her full name. Didn't include the Oswin. But yeah, a real parent probably wouldn't have said her name at all, just scolded her for talking to the strange man.

Decent episode. Not quite up to the hype but at least the resolution was well thought out. So it seems that this Clara's middle name isn't Oswin. And I wonder what the Doctor did with the Spoonhead Doctor afterwards.

How about spoiler tags for those who have yet to see the episode??

Like this

Is it just me, or has the quality of Doctor Who gone down after Matt Smith's first season (which was great)? At first I attributed this to Amy and Rory overstaying their welcome (three season's for companions). However, after Saturday's episode, I'm beginning to think that the writers have lost their "mojo", for lack of a better word. Last season was very forgettable, and the previous season had one terrific episode (written by Neil Gaiman). Hopefully the premiere is just a one off on what will be a great season, because Saturday's episode was a snorefest.

Is it just me, or has the quality of Doctor Who gone down after Matt Smith's first season (which was great)? At first I attributed this to Amy and Rory overstaying their welcome (three season's for companions). However, after Saturday's episode, I'm beginning to think that the writers have lost their "mojo", for lack of a better word. Last season was very forgettable, and the previous season had one terrific episode (written by Neil Gaiman). Hopefully the premiere is just a one off on what will be a great season, because Saturday's episode was a snorefest.

it's not just you. I personally think it's part "Smith" and part writing. He's just not commanding enough (he has his moments) to make you feel like he's in charge... he feels more like just a smart companion. I thought it was due to Amy, but I still see it without her now.

It's not "garbage" but it feels more like a "well... this is just for now, till we figure things out."

it's not just you. I personally think it's part "Smith" and part writing. He's just not commanding enough (he has his moments) to make you feel like he's in charge... he feels more like just a smart companion. I thought it was due to Amy, but I still see it without her now.

It's not "garbage" but it feels more like a "well... this is just for now, till we figure things out."

Again, I may be in the minority, but I think one of the main problems is that they are keeping Smith's version of the Doctor very one dimensional. This usually changes, as David Tennant version was different in his last 2 seasons then in his first season (the departure of Rose really changed him). Don't get me wrong, I like Smith's version a lot, but he hasn't really changed or been affected a great deal.I'm probably more critical of Doctor Who now than I was before because Moffat's other series, Sherlock, is not only infinitely better, but acted by Moffat's first choice as the new Doctor before Matt Smith was chosen.

• 4 months later...

Archived