The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Doctor Who

Where's Wellwood

Doctor Who  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hands down Tom Baker(4th) is the greatest Doctor. Best written episodes in his tenure as well as most imaginative sets and story lines. Really where the Daleks storyline is strengthened and begins to shine. The last few seasons have been very watered down and most episodes seem very rushed. More 2 and 3 part episodes would have taken care of the rushed feeling but today's Who worshipers wants it fast and want it now lol. IMHO Matt Smith(11th) was a complete joke and quite possibly worse at acting than Keanu Reeves.

Hands down Tom Baker(4th) is the greatest Doctor. Best written episodes in his tenure as well as most imaginative sets and story lines. Really where the Daleks storyline is strengthened and begins to shine. The last few seasons have been very watered down and most episodes seem very rushed. More 2 and 3 part episodes would have taken care of the rushed feeling but today's Who worshipers wants it fast and want it now lol. IMHO Matt Smith(11th) was a complete joke and quite possibly worse at acting than Keanu Reeves.

I actually feel like the older 30min episodes feel more rushed since they only had 30min to get the story done (or at least that part of the story.) Which does work in some cases (the trial storyline worked great with that kind of time frame) but others would be better suited with the hour shows (I would have loved it if they were able to do the key to time in hour long segments rather than 30min fragments.)

But speaking of the older shows, I think the new doctor could have that feel due to having more of the "elder statesman" look going for him (but I'd LOVE to see more of a Patrick Troughton-type of Doctor.)

I agree that Matt's Doctor was written as more childish than he should be, but Matt was brilliant with what he was given.

I loved David Tennant as the Doctor and I loved every episode he did, I was quite turned off by Matt Smith his episodes were too confusing and didn't add up in my mind (then again I did miss a lot of his episode), but I'm excited for Peter Capaldi I've watched In The Thick of It and In the Loop and loved him. I just really hope for less child friendly episodes and more Tennant like episodes.

I actually feel like the older 30min episodes feel more rushed since they only had 30min to get the story done (or at least that part of the story.) Which does work in some cases (the trial storyline worked great with that kind of time frame) but others would be better suited with the hour shows (I would have loved it if they were able to do the key to time in hour long segments rather than 30min fragments.)

But speaking of the older shows, I think the new doctor could have that feel due to having more of the "elder statesman" look going for him (but I'd LOVE to see more of a Patrick Troughton-type of Doctor.)

Growing up watching the Sunday episodes i was super lucky the 30 min epis' were strung together for epic 2 and 3 hour episodes so you could get the full effect of the DOCTA !

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

ok a couple of questions to toss out for those of you that have seen it...

1- What role was Tom Baker playing? The Doctor in the future after many regenerations, an older version of the Tom Baker doctor (like Davidson played during the Children in Need special with Tennent) or just a well informed curator.

2- Now that we know the time war isn't "locked," does this mean we will start to see other timelords in stories and possibly even Rani, the master (pre-death but post Eric Roberts version) or even Rassilon?

3- Do we see the Zygon appear in a future episode?

ok a couple of questions to toss out for those of you that have seen it...

1- What role was Tom Baker playing? The Doctor in the future after many regenerations, an older version of the Tom Baker doctor (like Davidson played during the Children in Need special with Tennent) or just a well informed curator.

2- Now that we know the time war isn't "locked," does this mean we will start to see other timelords in stories and possibly even Rani, the master (pre-death but post Eric Roberts version) or even Rassilon?

3- Do we see the Zygon appear in a future episode?

1. We don't know. It's kept purposely ambiguous. All three of those options are possible. I'm inclined to believe that it's a future doctor who took on an old face and came back to curate the museum.

2. I think that's what Moffat meant when he said he'd be ensuring the 100th anniversary. Bringing back the time lords opens up years worth of storylines. I'd love to see a new Rani, and Rassilon played by Dalton again, and if the master does come back, I'd like to see him played by a more sane John Simm once more before regenerating. Perhaps because the events of The End of Time are done, the drumming stopped so he's no longer crazy? Or he's less crazy?

3. I'm sure the results/consequences of the treaty will be brought up again eventually. Maybe, next season, maybe in several years.

Archived