Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Oklahoma City Barons

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:48 PM

Are they going to be the best AHL team this season? With all the NHL teams sending some of their players down.

Eberle,Hopkins,Schultz,Paajarvi,Lander,Teubert other AHL stars they have

The Wolves would get destroyed....

Edit: Pirates have a really good top 4

OEL
Rundblad
Stone
Gormley

Edited by TheGame., 24 September 2012 - 09:52 PM.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#2 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,246 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:39 PM

You never know.. Shultz may be a great prospect but he has yet to play a pro game. There is a big gap from college to pro hockey so I wouldnt expect him to step in and dominate. There's no doubt they got major upgrades up front, but if thats all it took to win the oilers would be dominating the NHL already.

I'd say we probably have a better back end with tanev and connauton leading the charge, not to mention lack in goal. It's a shame Jensen couldn't play, Hopefully they get him back for the playoffs. I'm also expecting a big year from Schroeder

#3 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,805 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:40 PM

I think the NY Rangers in the late 90's early 2000's proved that you can bring in as much high end talent as you want, but it won't matter if you aren't a good team. We'll see how they do once they start playing.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#4 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,659 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:12 AM

http://forum.canucks...e__hl__oklahoma

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#5 Greene02

Greene02

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

You never know.. Shultz may be a great prospect but he has yet to play a pro game. There is a big gap from college to pro hockey so I wouldnt expect him to step in and dominate. There's no doubt they got major upgrades up front, but if thats all it took to win the oilers would be dominating the NHL already.

I'd say we probably have a better back end with tanev and connauton leading the charge, not to mention lack in goal. It's a shame Jensen couldn't play, Hopefully they get him back for the playoffs. I'm also expecting a big year from Schroeder

Yann Danis just won AHL goalie of the year.

#6 D-Bo7

D-Bo7

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:07 PM

Their players are all soft.

Wolves can take them.

Edited by D-Bo7, 25 September 2012 - 09:07 PM.

#7 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:52 PM

This is about the AHL and as for Connauton this guy will never be more then a fringe NHLer at best
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.