The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Japanese Refused Service at Calgary Karaoke Bar

DonLever

The owner of a Karaoke bar in Calgary has apologized for a handwritten sign that said they did not serve Japanese People. It was all over the dispute between Japan and China over some small islands in the Pacific.

The sign was in written in Chinese. The owner said it was a joke.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/calgary/Sign+refusing+Japanese+Calgary+karaoke+stirs+outrage/7287903/story.html

The funny thing is that the message was wriiten in Chinese so Japanese people would have no idea what the sign said.

So how could Japanese people be offended by a sign they can't read. Its like me going to a Japanese restaurant and there as sign that is derogatory to me (except I would have no what idea it said).

The funny thing is that the message was wriiten in Chinese so Japanese people would have no idea what the sign said.

So how could Japanese people be offended by a sign they can't read. Its like me going to a Japanese restaurant and there as sign that is derogatory to me (except I would have no what idea it said).

Archived