12 replies to this topic

#1 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,041 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

Bob McKenzie just tweeted out a nice list of junior players that their respective NHL teams have asked be available if/when training camp starts. I hadn't heard anything particular around limits or lists needing to be submitted to allow for those players to be recalled after having started the year in junior. Normally they wouldn't have been allowed up with their NHL teams afterwards.

@TSNBobMcKenzie
In late August, NHL teams had to submit short list (no more than 2 or 3) of drafted CHL juniors they would like to recall if lockout ends.

IF lockout ends, these players could be recalled to tryout for NHL team and then normal rules apply for keeping or sending back to jr.

Obviously, if lockout extends into late December or January, dynamics could change. CHL-NHL-NHLPA will monitor as time wears on.

Corrado was the only prospect submitted for Vancouver. Here's the full list from his tweets:

CAR, for example, put Rask and Ryan Murphy on its list. FLA has Jonathan Huberdeau, BOS Dougie Hamilton. Some teams (CGY, NSH) have none.
TOR has Morgan Rielly and David Broll on its list. EDM has Nail Yakupov and David Musil. OTT has Cody Ceci and Stefan Noesen. WPG Scheifele.
Some others: BUF Grigorenko; CBJ R Murray, Jenner; MIN Dumba; MTL Galchenyuk; NYI Strome, Reinhart; STL Rattie; WSH T Wilson; PHI Laughton.
PIT Harrington, Maata, Pouliot; DAL Faksa, Stranksy, Ritchie. NOTE: Just cuz player on list doesn't mean he will be recalled, means he can.
VAN's only guy on the list is Frank Corrado.
EDIT: late tweet from Bob - ANA Gibson and Rackell; DET no one.

Is there anyone you feel is missing from the list? Should we have added Gaunce to give him a chance or is Gillis satisfied with our other options available for our depth at center?

Edited by elvis15, 25 September 2012 - 04:11 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 TACIC

TACIC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:00 PM

I don't know, but about the limit thing, it's three max
Posted Image
Credit to JimLahey for this awesome sig

TACIC

Yes i am a Leafs fan too, DEAL WITH IT!!

#3 Tig'ol Bitties

Tig'ol Bitties

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

Gillis thought well here. Gaunce should be given another year to develop/mature with his team - we really, really don't want to rush him too fast.

3Goktj2.jpg

#4 canucklax

canucklax

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

no need to rush gaunce, we have shroeder to call up if we need a center at the start of the season (if there is one)

6xFRVi3.png

Credit to bananamash for the sig. Credit to torts for being stubborn

Bring Back the Totems!
NHLSL Winnipeg Jets

#5 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

Corrado was the right call, nobody else is ready for the pros yet.
Posted Image

#6 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,041 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

That was my thought, not wanting to rush Gaunce. We do have Schroeder as mentioned, plus I'm sure he'd bring up a few others from the AHL like Freisen and Mallet to see what they can do if there's enough of a training camp/preseason to make it worthwhile.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

We don't have much in Canadian junior right now anyway. We have Corrado, Gaunce and McEneny? I can't see McEneny getting a real shot and Gaunce is only 18, not likely to crack a roster spot anyway. I kind of wanted to see Gaunce in the preseason if only for a game but that's alright.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#8 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

Bob Mckenzie destroyed my Twitter feed with this. :P
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#9 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,041 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

Bob Mckenzie destroyed my Twitter feed with this. :P

Imagine if that was BuretoMogilny tweeting you that directly and calling you an uneducated, spoiled brat! That would have been a block for sure.

As it is though, it's Bob McKenzie and he puts out good info, and occasionally some mass tweets, so we've come to expect that from him (right along with sunset pictures from his cabin) if we want to get all the good hockey news he puts out.

Edited by elvis15, 25 September 2012 - 04:21 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 Nucks-4-Life

Nucks-4-Life

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

Let Gaunce dominate the OHL this year wearing the C and lead his team deep into the playoffs.

#11 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,906 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:23 AM

Gaunce is hopefully's this years version of Boone Jenner. Solid 2 way player, hoping he makes team Canada.
November 20th 2013, Canucks just lost their 5th straight game. Last time this happened the Canucks, they missed the playoffs.

#12 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,230 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:28 AM

We don't have much in Canadian junior right now anyway. We have Corrado, Gaunce and McEneny? I can't see McEneny getting a real shot and Gaunce is only 18, not likely to crack a roster spot anyway. I kind of wanted to see Gaunce in the preseason if only for a game but that's alright.

we also have honzik, for what it's worth. there's no chance we'd recall him though.

#13 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,041 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

we also have honzik, for what it's worth. there's no chance we'd recall him though.

Agreed, he needs a year to try again after he regressed last year. No point in rushing him since he clearly isn't ready.
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.