The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[REPORT] Teams submit list of junior players eligible for recall

elvis15

Bob McKenzie just tweeted out a nice list of junior players that their respective NHL teams have asked be available if/when training camp starts. I hadn't heard anything particular around limits or lists needing to be submitted to allow for those players to be recalled after having started the year in junior. Normally they wouldn't have been allowed up with their NHL teams afterwards.

@TSNBobMcKenzie

In late August, NHL teams had to submit short list (no more than 2 or 3) of drafted CHL juniors they would like to recall if lockout ends.

IF lockout ends, these players could be recalled to tryout for NHL team and then normal rules apply for keeping or sending back to jr.

Obviously, if lockout extends into late December or January, dynamics could change. CHL-NHL-NHLPA will monitor as time wears on.

That was my thought, not wanting to rush Gaunce. We do have Schroeder as mentioned, plus I'm sure he'd bring up a few others from the AHL like Freisen and Mallet to see what they can do if there's enough of a training camp/preseason to make it worthwhile.

We don't have much in Canadian junior right now anyway. We have Corrado, Gaunce and McEneny? I can't see McEneny getting a real shot and Gaunce is only 18, not likely to crack a roster spot anyway. I kind of wanted to see Gaunce in the preseason if only for a game but that's alright.

Archived