The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Men everywhere cringe, bacon shortage looming

SkeeterHansen

Ok, finally had it tonight, burger was pretty good actually, but could take or leave the jalapenos. Got the shake with it too, and that was actually really tasty even though I'm not a fan of bananas. As mentioned, that's a lot of stuff to process in a night (probably still better than what is pictured in avalanch's post, but hardly healthy) but would eat again.

The shake is more peanut buttery than the burger, which has the jalapeno and bacon come through, but equally satisfying for a fan of peanut butter and of bacon.

No problem finding bacon at the grocery stores down here. Then again, most of the bacon around here comes from Texas and Louisiana, and there was no drought here. Plus, down here, they really know how to smoke meat (not inject the smoke, but actually smoke it over hickory or oak).

Just in case it comes to desperate measures, my cousin is looking at doing a turducken dinner at his restaurant in Langley. Last Monday of October I think, I've got the link to their website in my sig and he posted the news of the turducken on their FB page. If bacon fails us, the best possible alternative in poultry is a close second.

Just in case it comes to desperate measures, my cousin is looking at doing a turducken dinner at his restaurant in Langley. Last Monday of October I think, I've got the link to their website in my sig and he posted the news of the turducken on their FB page. If bacon fails us, the best possible alternative in poultry is a close second.

While you're eating bacon I'll be watching Madonna shake her unnaturally hot granny body while lip synching out the hits. I don't think bacon sammies would be a good idea.

On another note, of the subject of things maybe never properly considered..... pork shawarma. I had a thought of it and now I want it.... woe is me.

Archived