The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nicklas jensen - AIK stats

G-52

I would start him on the Wolves (assuming they are still the AHL affiliate next year) to get used to the North American game again then bring him up either part way through the season or for the playoffs. No point hurrying him along too fast.

Then by the 14-15 season he should be ready to move to the NHL full time without having to worry about adjusting to the rules changes and the faster game at the same time.

I would start him on the Wolves (assuming they are still the AHL affiliate next year) to get used to the North American game again then bring him up either part way through the season or for the playoffs. No point hurrying him along too fast.

Then by the 14-15 season he should be ready to move to the NHL full time without having to worry about adjusting to the rules changes and the faster game at the same time.

Found this on HF boards too.

Play him with the sedins and they will set the record for fewest hits by a line for a season. He didn't get along with coaches for his lack of physical play in the ohl , doesn't initiate contact enough. Good speed and hands but struggles with consistency. Goes on stretches of scoring then the same stretches where he is ineffective. Line demotions effect his play as he believes he should always be the go to guy even when his play doesnt warrant the added ice time. Power forward without the power - 20-20 2nd line player.

Obviously that guy seems a bit bitter, I see Jensen putting up a lot more then 40 points in his prime, but I hope he isn't as soft as he makes him seem to be.

Jensen scored the game tying goal in his teams 3-2 shootout loss.

That gives him 15 goals now and makes him tied for 4th overall in SEL goal scoring.

Not bad for a rookie. And he's only 4 goals back from what Daniel Sedin scored as a 19 year old in the SEL. Although Daniel had quite a few more assists.

Glad to see Nicklas snag another goal. Assists don't matter as much to me because he's got a garbage team that can't finish and the SEL only counts the last pass to the goal scorer. A sniper with size, speed and hands? I think we've been begging for one of those since Naslund.

• 2 weeks later...

15G, 21pts in 42 games

For those who might have expected more, this league doesn't seem like a high scoring league. Top scoring players has 54pts in 44 games. Only 4 players has an average of 1 PPG.

Jensen is currently rank the 50th best scorer of the league with 21 pts. However the 10th highest scoring player has 32 pts, which is not that much more than Jensen, and he plays for a top 3 teams, rather than a bottom 3.

Jensen is tied for 8th in goals with 15, the leader has 27 and the 2nd place has 18 goals.

http://www.eurohockey.com/stats/league/2013/127-elitserien.html

15G, 21pts in 42 games

For those who might have expected more, this league doesn't seem like a high scoring league. Top scoring players has 54pts in 44 games. Only 4 players has an average of 1 PPG.

Jensen is currently rank the 50th best scorer of the league with 21 pts. However the 10th highest scoring player has 32 pts, which is not that much more than Jensen, and he plays for a top 3 teams, rather than a bottom 3.

Jensen is tied for 8th in goals with 15, the leader has 27 and the 2nd place has 18 goals.

http://www.eurohocke...elitserien.html

Archived