The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nicklas jensen - AIK stats

G-52

Problem is you need 3 offensive lines in the playoffs.

The days of having a 3rd line of all checkers is over. There's too many talented young players in the league now that are playing on third lines. You need something better than a line of plugs to counter that.

L.A Kings third line barely chipped in with any offense. Jarret Stoll 5 points in 20 games, sure he scored 1 key goal.

But Hansen had more points than that in our run and he's known more as a checker.

Blocking shots and full team defense wins over straight offense all day. Just ask the Flyers when they went from Pitt to New Jersey.

First off: that's got nothing to do with what I said. What I said was that we abandoned the three scoring lines-system for two scoring lines and a checking line. Therefore there wasn't any room for Schroeder on the team.

Also: people were complaining that we got pushed around too much in the playoffs the year before, and saying that we were too soft. So MG went out and got tougher and grittier. Then we run into the best defensive team (apart from Anaheim in '07) in the last ten years, and people start complaining that we need more scoring.

Well you were originally responding to my comment where I was agreeing that Schroeder should have been given some experience earlier. My point was that when the Hodgson trade was made we could have had Schroeder at least as an option so that we wouldn't have had to make the Pahlsson trade.

Getting Pahlsson and Kassian didn't do a whole lot to toughen up our team at the time anyways, so having an extra offensive player would have been more beneficial.

If you wanna play a tight checking game like that, you better be able to have the depth scoring to step up when it counts. We didn't, and so we lost.

That goal was very impressive! I see a lot of confidence in his stride there. I can't tell for sure, but his average ice time seems to be increasing lately, so he must be getting more minutes.

Also, hard to tell where his defensive game is at. He is playing on one of the worst teams, so I'm taking the +/- with grain of salt.

That goal was very impressive! I see a lot of confidence in his stride there. I can't tell for sure, but his average ice time seems to be increasing lately, so he must be getting more minutes.

Also, hard to tell where his defensive game is at. He is playing on one of the worst teams, so I'm taking the +/- with grain of salt.

Archived