Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sharpshooter

Sikh Woman Defends Facial Hair After Photo Goes Viral

250 posts in this topic

live and let live

i'm sure there are some guys into hirsute women.

live and let live

i'm sure there are some guys into hirsute women.

I gotta be honest though. I wouldn't do what she's doing, if I was a girl, but I guess that's just me. What she's doing.. is none of my business. She's not hurting anyone and she can be, feel, dress, act like anyone that she wants to be, especially if it's herself.

Her reaction of the OP taunting was quite a graceful way of handling it, without stooping back on personal attacks (as it is very tempting to do that). Even better was the reply that the european_douchebag guy made which shamed his prior actions/behaviour and has allowed himself to move forward also. Both people deserve quite a bit of respect out of it. I like.

Good for her, people should be allowed to be as they want. Although she does have more facial hair than me :(

It's the way god created us, If we weren't supposed to have hair on certain places, we prob would have never had any to begin with. - that is the Sikh belief.

Power to her and respect.

Good for her, people should be allowed to be as they want. Although she does have more facial hair than me :(

Different people interpret the same faith differently. The vast majority of Sikhs would say the Sikh faith does not ban women from looking pretty, putting on make up and taking other necessary measures like facial hair removal.

Obviously Balpreet is a strong person. She has some qualities everyone should have. But I feel one must draw the line somewhere.

Some people participate in terror attacks becasue they believe its in their faith to do so, others meditate several hours per day. Others will walk bare feet for hundreds of miles to go pay respect to their gods. Others are like Balpreet. I consider all these people to be extremists. Some peaceful others violent others somewhere in the middle but extreme in the way they read and interpret their holy scriptures.

Nanak the 1st Guru started the Sikh religion 200 years before Gobind the 10 th Guru initiated the practice of keeping unshorn hair. It was due to the political situation of the day. Sikhism had 10 Gurus (teachers). These were men not profits, nor gods. 9 of the 10 Gurus did not say anything about not cutting your hair.

I bet Balpreet cuts her finger nails.